You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Guest The Chimp

The Excorcist. 9/10. Wasn't as frightening as I remembered, but I did watch it in the afternoon after deciding the night before to wait until daylight to view it. Good story, and what I liked most was the acting - very good.

Saw IV, Saw V, Mirrors, Blindness : All dull. Most disappointed with Blindness as that's the only one i thought would be half decent.

Also - haven't seen the Bourne films before as they never appealed (Matt Damon), but got them out from Blockbuster this week. The first was alright but watched the second last night and was more impressed. Hopefully the third is as good. Wouldn't give them more than 6 out of 10, but i enjoy a bit of Hollywood shlock now and again.

I now want to learn 4 languages and sprint down beaches without opening my mouth to breathe. I also want Franka Potente on my Wilson.

Tropic Thunder. Mrs bought it for me as a Fathers Day gift from our baby.....Obviously she thinks I'm a shit Dad because I would have thought a video of me eating my own shit while my dear old nan gets rogered in the background by 18 blokes, would have been more worthwhile than the 1hr and 50 mins i just fucking wasted.

Guest The Chimp

Conan the Barbarian. I used to collect all the Conan books and comics, plus I'm a big Arnie fan, so this is not exactly an unbiased appraisal, nevertheless: 8.5/10.

Mulholland Drive - 9.5/10 A film I've meant to watch for years - picked up a copy marked down in HMV. Fantastic film, pretty hard to pin down what happened. Its got the lot, with the exception of a car chase. Two extremely tasty female leads who get it on later in the film. Superb acting throughout, great visuals, very atmospheric. Loads of little subplots and parallel story lines but its mainly about The Hollywood Dream.

I only really like things that you can't completely understand - this is the sort of film you could watch lots of times and understand a bit more but probably never fully comprehend. Best film I've watched for ages - might even look at the extras on the second disc for once.

Leon 9/10.

I always forget how little action there actually is in this film, except for the beginning and the end, but it's fucking class.

One thing I don't get though, is how Gary Oldman recognises Leon when he takes his mask off? As they don't actually meet during the film.

Inkheart - Movie based on the book of the same name with Brendan Fraser, Andy Serkis, Helen Mirren, Paul Bettany and Jim Broadbent. I thought it was quite intelligent and didn't treat it's target audience (kids) like idiots. Passed the time well enough. 7 out of 10.

Leon 9/10.

I always forget how little action there actually is in this film, except for the beginning and the end, but it's fucking class.

One thing I don't get though, is how Gary Oldman recognises Leon when he takes his mask off? As they don't actually meet during the film.

I always forget how noncey the undertones of Jean Reno and Natalie Portman's relationship is.