You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sunderland Vs. Liverpool

Malarkey

We should play our strongest and fittest available team against Sunderland and ring the changes at home against Toulouse, with the big guns on the bench. I would like to see:

Reina

Finnan Carra Agger Arbeloa

Pennant Alonso Mascherano Riise

Kuyt Torres

Bench: Itandje, Hyypia, Sissoko, Benayoun, Crouch

If that team doesn't have enough strength to beat Sunderland then we should play the kids in the league from now on as one day if we're lucky they might be good enough.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

------------------------------Reina--------------------------------

Finnan-----------Carragher-------------Agger------------------Riise

Pennant---------Alonso---------------Mascherano------------Babel

-----------------Torres----------------Crouch----------------------

That's pretty much the team I'd play, not really bothered who plays out of Mascherano or Sissoko though.

We should play our strongest and fittest available team against Sunderland and ring the changes at home against Toulouse, with the big guns on the bench. I would like to see:

Reina

Pennant Alonso Mascherano Riise

Kuyt Torres

Bench: Itandje, Hyypia, Sissoko, Benayoun, Crouch

If that team doesn't have enough strength to beat Sunderland then we should play the kids in the league from now on as one day if we're lucky they might be good enough.

I wouldn't take anything for granted against Toulose with CL qualification still very much in the balance.

I think we'll play;

Reina

Pennant Sissoko Alonso Riise

Torres Kuyt

It's what seems to be our first choice 11 this season minus Gerrard. I think Mascherano will be saved for Toulouse on Tuesday. I can't see The Chief being over used early on in the season as he played in the Copa America and he'll be needed more in the new year when Sissoko goes to play in the African Nations.

It is important we get the winning mentality going early on and it will bring confidence. So a strong line up.

Reina

Pennant/Benayoun Alonso Mascherano Babel/Risse

Torres Kuyt/Crouch

That sort of line up should be enough. It would not bother me if we changed either flank or Kuyt/Crouch.

I think we'll play;

Reina

Pennant Sissoko Alonso Riise

Torres Kuyt

It's what seems to be our first choice 11 this season minus Gerrard. I think Mascherano will be saved for Toulouse on Tuesday. I can't see The Chief being over used early on in the season as he played in the Copa America and he'll be needed more in the new year when Sissoko goes to play in the African Nations.

Thats my Fantasy Rafa team anyway

As you say Javier can come in against Tolouse

This is the most important thread its a must win game if we want to win the title

COME ON YOU REDS

YNWA

Come on Jim you know the score. Every game is a must win game, and if we want to win the league then we have to beat the Mackams or heads will roll.

Like the mancs, I would imagine they have completely given up on winning the league after losing to Citeh and drawing against Reading.

Now your being padantic, you know the point I am making and there should be no excuses if we dont get 3 points, a top Championship winning team needs to win at least 10 games away from home so if we dont win here we have to win at a more difficult ground

I'm very surprised at the lack of people who want to see Voronin get a start.

i'd love to see Voro' start with Torres. But if anything i think we're more likely to see a Voro' and Crouch front line.

Also, I'd wager if Pepe doesn't have to attempt to stop another PK for the third game in a row, we should roll this Saturday.

this season is gonna rule.

I'm going to miss this .. Will be on a coach down to Wembley to watch Saints ... Gutted about missing it ...

If we go out for the three points, surely we have too much now. A win here will keep us nicely poised. If Spurs can get something (which if they play like they can they may well do) then things are looking good..

I do think this is going to be a funny prem year tho... Come the end it prob will be the big 4 ... But not as clear as it's been.

Anyone watched the Torres goal on youtube with the Spanish commentary ? You can tell they were well proud of him, righfully so as well fuckin awesome finish.

3 points tomorrow please Reds !

Reina

Pennant Masch Alonso Yossi

Voronin Crouch

Im not sure if Torres played in mid-week or Kuyt but i think if eithier had done they will not start tommoro for sure. Same with most of the team really especially if they played on Sunday v Chelsea...

both played Kuyt scored from a Babel cross and I think your right if Kuyt and Torres start again the other strikers might start getting pissed off.

Crouch not in squad says Elisha

Surprising.

Elisha is pretty much bang on when it comes to telling the squad so i believe this to be true.

This will get the media in a spin and its pretty much set on that Crouch to leave will appear in the papers on Sunday.

Reina

Pennant Masch Alonso Yossi

Voronin Crouch

Im not sure if Torres played in mid-week or Kuyt but i think if eithier had done they will not start tommoro for sure. Same with most of the team really especially if they played on Sunday v Chelsea...

Thats who Ive gone for.