You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sunderland Vs. Liverpool

Malarkey

I believe the title is already a two horse race between us and chelsea and a title race that doesnt include manu has to be a good thing

Very unlike you to get so carried away on so little evidence!

I think you'll find that the mancs have played far,far better football so far than we did when we lagged behind at the start of last season. They've actually played the best football out of all the teams so far, and they will only get better, once they get over that little mental block they seem to have at the moment.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very unlike you to get so carried away on so little evidence!

I think you'll find that the mancs have played far,far better football so far than we did when we lagged behind at the start of last season. They've actually played the best football out of all the teams so far, and they will only get better, once they get over that little mental block they seem to have at the moment.

They are as close to a 3 man team as you will get ie Scoles, Ronaldo & Rooney, take them out of the team and they will be an 80 point team this season and thats what I reckon they'll end up this season, finishing 3rd

They are as close to a 3 man team as you will get ie Scoles, Ronaldo & Rooney, take them out of the team and they will be an 80 point team this season and thats what I reckon they'll end up this season, finishing 3rd

Yeah Because that Tevez is wank. They didn't spend big money on promising kids either did they. Who's that lad who's dead luckily won 9 titles with them? He's shit isn't he.

Jeez Nick, you are bipolar!

Yeah Because that Tevez is wank. They didn't spend big money on promising kids either did they. Who's that lad who's dead luckily won 9 titles with them? He's shit isn't he.

Jeez Nick, you are bipolar!

I didnt realise your a closet Manu fan:D

Lets just see what happens over the season and we can revisit this thread when I am proven right or god forbid even wrong

I'd hate to be the team playing Utd the day it all clicks, someone is going to get a caning.

I agree. I think Tottenham might be that team, as well. I was thinking about this yesterday and how I reckon the Mancs will paste a team and then go on a run. People are far too premature in their judgment of the Mancs this season. It's nice to see them spluttering but, at present, that's all they are, splutters. I'm sure they will overcome their problems. They're missing Rooney and Ronaldo and when both return they will be back. I'd love to have a three man team that consisted of players as talented as Tevez, Ronaldo, Rooney, Giggs, Scholes and Evra.

I agree. I think Tottenham might be that team, as well. I was thinking about this yesterday and how I reckon the Mancs will paste a team and then go on a run. People are far too premature in their judgment of the Mancs this season. It's nice to see them spluttering but, at present, that's all they are, splutters. I'm sure they will overcome their problems. They're missing Rooney and Ronaldo and when both return they will be back. I'd love to have a three man team that consisted of players as talented as Tevez, Ronaldo, Rooney, Giggs, Scholes and Evra.

Not saying there crap, saying they'll finish third, but if you had swapped Ronaldo for Kewell last season they wouldnt have won the league, that is for sure.

They miss there big players much more than chelsea do

however we would miss Gerrard and Torres big time

The mancs are a good team and once Ronaldo and Rooney are back they will stream roll quite a few teams in the league.

I know its been mentioned that once the mancs click they will paste a side well i personally think the same can be said of Liverpool.

For all the early euphoria of us starting well we arent no way near our full potential yet and that was evident at Sunderland yesterday. We had too many loose passes and players still getting used to each other.

Once Mascherano is fully fit thats another option there. We have Gerrard to come back into the team as well as possibly Kewell. We also have Torres who is still getting used to the league and getting his goal sharpness.

Call it rose tinted glasses or not but i think we are ready to give someone a good pasting as our work rate is as high as anyone in the league and once we click god help the team on the receiving end.

This time last season you were writing them off Dave - nice to see you've learnt from it!

As for us - i'm trying not to get too excited but we look really good.

I love Torres already.

This time last season you were writing them off Dave - nice to see you've learnt from it!

As for us - i'm trying not to get too excited but we look really good.

I love Torres already.

I know. Which is why I'm hesitant of being critical of them. Myself, and many others included, didn't think they stood much of a chance of winning the league but they did and they did it in style. How's the Toon?

Not going to read all this but I thought we played shite yesterday. Two things I hate are divers and punters and we punted that ball so many times I was nearly sick.

That said we won and should have won by more and those are the facts. I agree Torres is fucking magic, I do not care if he scores his pace and touch are a joy to watch.

I will say our second goal was sheer class and that is the football I think we all want to see.

I hate that long ball shite it really does my head in.

Guest Dagger
Not going to read all this but I thought we played shite yesterday. Two things I hate are divers and punters and we punted that ball so many times I was nearly sick.

That said we won and should have won by more and those are the facts. I agree Torres is fucking magic, I do not care if he scores his pace and touch are a joy to watch.

I will say our second goal was sheer class and that is the football I think we all want to see.

Fucking shitehawk

We were forced into playing long ball for long periods of the game by Sunderland.

Fucking shitehawk

Good well thought out reply mate. I am as much as anyone delighted by the result and very very rarely I am negative. I just thougth we played the long ball way too much.

At the end of the day I am still more than happy with the result and if we play like that every week and win 19 happy fucken days.

My opinion is we hoofed it too much.

I like the ball played pass and move if that makes me a shitehawk then that I am - I was thinking of changing my username and that may well be it.

It was only an opinion no more no less.

Good well thought out reply mate. I am as much as anyone delighted by the result and very very rarely I am negative. I just thougth we played the long ball way too much.

At the end of the day I am still more than happy with the result and if we play like that every week and win 19 happy fucken days.

My opinion is we hoofed it too much.

I like the ball played pass and move if that makes me a shitehawk then that I am - I was thinking of changing my username and that may well be it.

It was only an opinion no more no less.

ha, i read it as "shitwank" after the titwank thread we've had on the GF. i pretty much feel the same way about our performance Sangria. You can definitely pick some bright spots out of our performance, but on a whole i still feel we could have forced a passing agenda instead of hoofing it up the park every time we had it in defense.

even though i was over the moon for Momo's goal, i thought, "god if we're relying on Momo game winners we're not going to have a great season after all."

We were forced into playing long ball for long periods of the game by Sunderland.

The class between us and them means we should not be forced into it, play it on the deck, pass and move.

By the way I do not want this to turn into a big issue and I am well made up we won. 2 - 0 away and it should have been more but maybe it is just me but we have the class to play the ball better.

Thank fuck for a few who agree but still like the thought of shitehawk as my new username - sort it out Dave - what am I doing in the middle of the med being subjected to being called a shitehalk by the way SoMuch4Gravity I think shitwank is equally as good.

The main thing is we won away again and no matter if is in the style I would like we won so lets enjoy eh You know it makes sense.

The class between us and them means we should not be forced into it, play it on the deck, pass and move.

By the way I do not want this to turn into a big issue and I am well made up we won. 2 - 0 away and it should have been more but maybe it is just me but we have the class to play the ball better.

We'd have to be some sort of super team to pass it along like that while you have them fighting for every ball and charging in on our players.

I know. Which is why I'm hesitant of being critical of them. Myself, and many others included, didn't think they stood much of a chance of winning the league but they did and they did it in style. How's the Toon?

Christ - tell me about it. It was the only season in years and years where I'd thought they wouldn't be a threat, but the egg was well and truly spread all over my face. They will be right in there at the end and are still the favourites for the title, in my opinion.

We werent shite but our passing in the second half was piss poor.

We created at least 6 very good goal scoring positions which cant be bad

We'll get a lot better and I think we'll be ok