You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sunderland Vs. Liverpool

Malarkey

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Gerrard's out that'd be what I'd go for.

Or maybe try Benayoun as a second striker for a bit more creativity in Gerrard's absence.

Yeah I forgot, I just presumed that Gerrard was out. I like the idea of using Benayoun behind a front man, he definitly has the creativity for the role.

Right, iIm rather fucking sick of this Chelsea saga carrying on and on and to be honest, let's look to the next game ahead. I think Rafa will start with Crouchinho up top against Blunderland and i think we'll win, heavily. I think the team will be:

----------------------------Reina----------------------------

----Finnan----------Carra------------Hyypia--------------Riise

----Babel-----------Xabi-------------Momo---------------Yossi

------------------Crouch------------Voro---------------------

Found it pretty hard to pick a team on the basis of: Gerrard being injured, and Rafa's rotational policy.

I expect that more or less. I expect to see Mascherano play though, and possibly Kewell if he's still alive.

I think we'll have a chance ot batter them after they took a 3-0 drubbing. Morale will be low and Keane will be fit to explode. We just need to put pressure on them and hope that they crack, which is very possible.

I think we will score atleast 3, unless Gordon plays a blinder.

I'd keep the same back four cos we'd only be cursing if Rafa made a change and we came out with the result we weren't expecting. I'd be inclined to say he'd go for:

Reina

Finnan Carra Agger Arbeloa

Pennant Alonso Mascherano Babel

Crouch Torres

Rafa's made it clear that he wants the team to take every game as serious as all the big games so fielding a good strong attacking side with service from the wings and Crouch holding the ball up for Torres would be a good move in my opinion. Also you've got that guarantee of a good defensive midfield if we get put on the back foot for spells.

I know how much rafa wants to work with his players in the build up so his selection will be influenced by who stays home.

There's the bit no one has mentioned yet. It's an early kick off on a Saturday so team sheet will be influenced by who played internationals in mid week, how far they travelled, how tough the game was and when they got back.

It's the little details, stuff like this...

Spain cancel training session in Greece because of pitch

MADRID, Aug 21 (Reuters) - Spain called off a planned training session ahead of Wednesday's friendly international against Greece for fear of injury because of the state of the pitch in the Toumba stadium in Thessaloniki.

Coach Luis Aragones and his players complained that the grass had been poorly maintained and the playing surface was full of holes.

"What is this? I've never seen a pitch like this in all my life not even when I played as a kid," midfielder Joaquin said as he stepped on to it.

"The boss told us that he had been assured that the pitch was in perfect condition, but the truth is anyone who plays on that pitch has got a good chance of killing themselves," midfielder Xavi told Antena 3 television.

The team left the stadium immediately and trained in the gym at the hotel where they are staying.

Spanish media reported that the Spanish Football Federation had asked for urgent repair work on the pitch which is home to Super League club PAOK.

------------------------------Reina--------------------------------

Finnan-----------Carragher-------------Agger------------------Riise

Pennant---------Gerrard---------------Mascherano------------Babel

-----------------Torres----------------Crouch----------------------

------------------------------Reina--------------------------------

Finnan-----------Carragher-------------Agger------------------Riise

Pennant---------Gerrard---------------Mascherano------------Babel

-----------------Torres----------------Crouch----------------------

I'd drop Reina after not saving that penalty on Sunday.

that's my favorite joke.

Reina

same back line

pennant / masch / lucas / babel

Voro' / El Nino

We'll shit 'em

I'll buy that for a dollar!

Got Levia doing the SG role with Masch doing the Momo role with a bit more finnese(sp).

Got the pace and guile of BOTH Voro and Torres.

We on the telly for this match?

There's the bit no one has mentioned yet. It's an early kick off on a Saturday so team sheet will be influenced by who played internationals in mid week, how far they travelled, how tough the game was and when they got back.

It's the little details, stuff like this...

Spain cancel training session in Greece because of pitch

MADRID, Aug 21 (Reuters) - Spain called off a planned training session ahead of Wednesday's friendly international against Greece for fear of injury because of the state of the pitch in the Toumba stadium in Thessaloniki.

Coach Luis Aragones and his players complained that the grass had been poorly maintained and the playing surface was full of holes.

"What is this? I've never seen a pitch like this in all my life not even when I played as a kid," midfielder Joaquin said as he stepped on to it.

"The boss told us that he had been assured that the pitch was in perfect condition, but the truth is anyone who plays on that pitch has got a good chance of killing themselves," midfielder Xavi told Antena 3 television.

The team left the stadium immediately and trained in the gym at the hotel where they are staying.

Spanish media reported that the Spanish Football Federation had asked for urgent repair work on the pitch which is home to Super League club PAOK.

must of been some bloody big holes

Can't really agree with putting Lucas in for his first real game away at Sunderland. Keane's no dummy he would just instruct his players to boot the life out of the guy, hoping he gets intimidated.

you're right, i really don't see it happening either after looking at it some more. we'll probably see a very similar line up to what we've seen already with the exception of gerrard being out and some potential tinkering up top.

Can't really agree with putting Lucas in for his first real game away at Sunderland. Keane's no dummy he would just instruct his players to boot the life out of the guy, hoping he gets intimidated.

I agree that Keane might target him but for me it really depends how good the lad is. The only thing I've seen of him was in Rotterdam and I never form opinions based on friendlies but what I do know is that any combination of Masch, Xabi and Momo offers us no goal threat in the centre of midfield and we should be taking the game to these.

If Gerrard is unable to play and the lad is good enough and you would certainly hope he is then I'd play him with a disciplined player like Masch or Xabi.