You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sunderland Vs. Liverpool

Malarkey

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit, Pennant is starting to make me look a right mug. He's had no bigger critic than me but credit where it's due, his transformation since he first came here has been incredible.

Winning me round this season too. Still a twat though.

Not a great first half but we're a goal up and thats all that matters. Pennant has been our best player by far, he actually plays with confidence these days and is so much the better for it.

Regarding the corners debate, I'd much rather we punted them into the box than the short ones. Nothing EVER comes from us fucking around by the corner flag (cue us scoring from one in the 2nd half...)

What a cross from Pennant right before the break, he didn't even look up but foubd Torres inch-perfectly. Fantastic that he's finally starting to deliver.

Babel was a bit out of it until we scored, it's obvious he needs a run of games to gather confiedence. The talent is there for all to see, but still very raw.

Assist by Voro, I thought he has looked good as well. Torres has been a bit quiet, he needs to stop complaining about not getting free kicks all the time, just get on with it son.

First half has been well worth waking up at 4:45am..

Good first half gents

We started it well and finished it well but there were far too many long balls in the middle of the half. It negates our skill advantage when we're just playing head tennis.

We're good for another couple of goals against these.

Also,

MOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awful ale house football from both sides for 35 minutes that completely bypassed the midfield. The Torres drops a bit deeper, Xabi gets on the ball and Big Mo scores a fucking peach. We looked much better after that.

Not a lot to say about the new lads other than first impressions of Voronin are that he's strong, fast and direct with what looks like decent awareness of what's happening around him. Babel saw almost nothing of the ball until after the goal and then showed us a bit of jiggery pokery with both feet (although it ended up going backwards again). I also saw a couple of signs of Torres' famed heading prowess - although not quite enough, unfortunately.

Let's have the better quality of the last ten minutes of the first half repeated for the entire second half please, boys.

Sunderland are running about chasing every ball but that is to be expected.

The only reason the game isnt over at half time is thanks to Craig Gordon. He has done 2 good saves although i think both Voronin and Torres will both be gutted not to score.

Pennant has once again been a threat down the right and by taking players on is creating Sunderland plenty of trouble.

Its not been a great game and Sunderlands game plan was 0-0 and hope to nick a goal, now thats gone out the window it should open up.

By the way, how fucking smalltime are the Sunderland fans? Repeatedly booing Carra and Voronin for being fouled and then heartily applauding McShane for getting up a whole four seconds after being fouled. You'd think he was about to play on with a broken neck or something. All he did was stand up.

Can't believe that the old Fowler chant is the fuckin best that people can get going for Torres-sounds shit

You mean the old Fowler chant that is also the old Owen chant which is also the old Dalglish chant which is also the old St John chant? Thought it sounded ok last week.

By the way, how fucking smalltime are the Sunderland fans? Repeatedly booing Carra and Voronin for being fouled and then heartliy applauding McShane for getting up a whole four seconds after being fouled. You'd think he was about to play on with a broken neck or something. All he did was stand up.

It's the sunshine.

Oh, and most of them are probably irish daytrippers!

Great performance from the two write-offs - made up for Momo and Pennant is really starting to look the business, including away from home. Real learning experience for the new boys. We got pushed around a lot until we woke up and started competing properly shortly before the goal. Voro contributes a lot even when he's not a goal threat.