You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Climate change - how arsed are you?

Paul

How arsed are you about climate change?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. How arsed are you about climate change?

• Very. I do everything I possibly can to be greener.
    • Arsed. I do what I have to and a bit more, as long as it doesn't hurt my pocket.
    • Think it's an issue and I do what I have to, but I'm not sweating it.
    • Climate change, schmimate change. Big conspiracy to tax us more and sell us shit we don't need.

43 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I know how you'd react if he posted his opinions on Brexit on here: you'd call him a Thatcherite.

Nah I wouldn't, he's explained how he'd made an opinion based on the least worst of two evils, I can understand it.

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Not climate change as such, but all part of the dance of self destruction.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-57947635

Wow, I didn't know that, thanks for posting. I'm surprised as Drakefords got a reputation as being an environmental lefty and has brought in many beneficial policies to clean up Welsh cities and towns.

6 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I know how you'd react if he posted his opinions on Brexit on here: you'd call him a Thatcherite.

Well because of recent EU behaviour he's stated if he were British he wouldn't want to rejoin. 

Thatcher meanwhile never considered leaving the EU besides having the commons majority and the political capital to do so if she wished.

Nothing is going to change until their profit margins are impacted. Significant external forcing's on our societies capacity to proceed and potential ecological collapse so they can store more cash in offshore accounts in the Caymans, Jersey the Isle of Man etc.. 

No doubt house prices in New Zealand for properties for the mega rich will head on upwards, Elysium on earth.

32 minutes ago, cochyn said:

Some good news for a change:

https://www.energylivenews.com/2021/04/23/worlds-most-powerful-tidal-turbine-ready-to-make-waves-in-scotland/

Absolute game changer for the UK. Scaling these up and running them in series within UK waters would be massive. Pop a couple of wind turbines near them, job's a gud 'un.

It does look like good news, and we're in an almost unique position in the UK to benefit from tidal electricity generation.

But I did read in the Spectator that wave power is a load of old baloney, so I don't know what to believe.