You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The weather

DT

On 23/01/2024 at 11:03, Jairzinho said:

When I first moved there six years ago I taught English as a second language, the route for most people to move to Spain for work. Now my job is a little different/better. I still teach a bit but more of my time is spent managing E-learning platforms. This stuff grew enormously at the start of the pandemic, everyone was home and wanted to sign up for courses in various things.

I was quite lucky with my timing as I managed to get residency and change my driving licence etc just before Brexit made everything a million times worse. We weren't so lucky sorting out coming back to the UK for these two years, as my Spanish girlfriend was essentially treated like a fucking criminal by our government.

My Son's Girlfriend who is French (My sympathies Paulie D) has been living and working on Merseyside,now The Wirral,for years. To renew her passport she had to travel all the way down to 'dat der London' and it's French Embassy just to do so. Fuckin' idiot Brexiteers.

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

My Son's Girlfriend who is French (My sympathies Paulie D) has been living and working on Merseyside,now The Wirral,for years. To renew her passport she had to travel all the way down to 'dat der London' and it's French Embassy just to do so. Fuckin' idiot Brexiteers.

Yeah, but how's the weather?  Feels like Spring today. Yester felt like late October going into November!

6 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I thought we were turning a corner last week, a few days were glorious now it’s back to piss everyone off weather. Actually today doesn’t look too bad. 

That's what I thought. Took the dag out just in a t-shirt last week, thinking I'll get the bike out and pedal some miles soon, now it's bastarding freezing again. 

3 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

That's what I thought. Took the dag out just in a t-shirt last week, thinking I'll get the bike out and pedal some miles soon, now it's bastarding freezing again. 

Rather have cold than it constantly pissing down. We usually have both though.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

And to think, this fucker got to fuck Emily Symons on a regular basis. 

emily-symons-actress-january-99-australian-actress-who-stars-in-home-B4K16J.jpg

licensed-image.jpg

• Upvote 1

And yes, sick and tired of the fucking rain.  The lawn looks like a fucking meadow & the garden is a right tip.  
Where's the nice weather gone???

1 hour ago, A Red said:

Porthleven, down the road from us, the other day

Wouldn’t be parking my car there!

On 26/03/2024 at 09:42, Mook said:

The days on the bottom just always say rain. I fucking hate March, it's the month where I just get completely fed up with the cold.

Screenshot_20240326-094032_BBC Weather.jpg

It’s been reported this morning that Edinburgh has already had twice the average rainfall for April. I think most of it has fallen on my garden

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Donald Fisher > Matt Le Tissier

Flat Head > Flat Earther (I'd guess MLT falls into this catergory). 

• Upvote 1