You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I really dont want him here. Whats to say Suarez isnt going to piss him off for some stupid shit and he's gonna want to swing a golf club at his legs. The guy is a fucking maniac.

Well I agree that he is a maniac but he is better to have on your side than an opponent. He didn't get frozen out at City because he was no good, he was a fans favourite but Mancini and him did not get on. He was a Mark Hughes man.

I'm pleased he has come back because he is a LFC fan plus he is decent on the wings too. He is our version of Owen at United. I think he is a good squad man and can take a load off Suarez some games. Owen is probably the better goal poacher but Bellamy has more pace.

I've always thought our downfall under Rafa was when we lost the likes of Bellamy, Crouch, Sissoko etc. leaving us with an outstanding first 11 but fuck all in terms of 12-22, so providing the price (well, wages) is right I'm happy to beef our squad up a bit more with some proven quality.

'Craig has the qualities we need' - Liverpool FC

Tell us why you wanted to bring Craig Bellamy back to Liverpool.

First of all we were short of an attacking player once David was transferred to Bolton, so we needed someone. Craig is someone we targeted a long time ago as you can imagine. He's not a discovery for anybody, we know the quality of the player. It was a question of timing and once a fee was agreed with Bolton we spoke to Craig straightaway because we knew he had an agreement with Manchester City that he could leave the club. Both for Kenny and I it was a no-brainer and Kenny had a long conversation with Craig this morning and we organised for him to come here.

Was it more complicated to organise with Craig being away with Wales?

First of all it's not easy because it's one of those bizarre things that FIFA have put together, to put an international fixture at the end of the transfer window with all the international players being away. Raul was in Cyprus and Craig was in Celtic Manor, so it wasn't easy but I'd like to really thank Gary Speed and the Welsh FA for allowing Craig to travel. They let him go early this afternoon to make sure the deal could be completed. They were very helpful and we are very grateful for that.

What are the qualities you feel he will add to this Liverpool squad?

I think everyone knows how good a player he is. He has pace, he's a good finisher, he works hard and the timing of his runs is second to none. His work-rate is really good and what we really liked is the fact he is so versatile. He can play wide, he can play up front, he can play off the target man, so he is an ideal complement to the squad we have built during the summer.

People associate Craig Bellamy with his pace - how important an attribute is that?

It is very important in everything we have tried to do this summer. In the cases of Jose Enrique, Jordan and Stewart, they are all very quick and it's something we wanted to emphasise because we felt last season we were lacking a bit of pace. The fact we have got someone who is so quick is very interesting. It's not just about that though, he's got a football brain, he's very good at timing his runs behind the defenders, so he's exactly what we needed and what we were looking for

Well sometimes he goes out by himself, and he hits players with Golf Clubs. Woo Woo. Woo Woo. And I think of the goals, that your scoring, and in my head i make a picture. Before you came back home yeah our club was in a mess, and we missed your sweet left foot, and the way you like to dress.

Oh won't you come on over, start scoring goals for meeeeee. Why don't you score some Bellamy.....Belllamy.....

Made up, all this talk of attitude problems and a risk to us is absolute bollocks. He'd have walked over broken glass all the way from Swansea to Melwood yesterday to get this deal done. He wouldn't have been sold last time if we didn't need the funds to sign Torres. Cracking bit of business, said weeks ago I'd love to see him come back and I'm made up we've pulled it off. Proven quality who loves the club and will give 110% every minute. No brainer, and caps off a great summer.

yeah bellamy will be fine with being fourth choice......he's gonna sit there all quite

Ha ha. Look who's shown up!

How's your Arse? Ye've been fairly fucked over the last few weeks, and to top it off, ye swap Nasri and Fabregas for Arteta and Benny.

I think you need to start posting on Blackburn's website 'cause that's more your level now!

yeah bellamy will be fine with being fourth choice......he's gonna sit there all quite

Why don't you go and support your own team you fucking weapon?

Oh that's right your lot don't support any more do you?

Come back and enjoy epicaricacy when the times right, until clamber back under whichever rock you live under!

Why don't you go and support your own team you fucking weapon?

Oh that's right your lot don't support any more do you?

Come back and enjoy epicaricacy when the times right, until clamber back under whichever rock you live under!

"Epicaricacy". For when even "schadenfreude" isn't enough.

I can't even pronounce it.

Actually, I'm not 100% sure I pronounce schadenfreude properly either. Does it end in "Froid" or "Froider"?

Epicaricacy - Official ace word of the day.

Abs, you weapon, Bellamy will be fine with sitting on the bench and being an impact sub. That's what he was signed for, and that will have been made clear to him in no uncertain terms. For him, it's an honour to play and be managed by his idol, Kenny Dalglish.