You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

That's what people said when Bellamy first came. He was still shit. He's NOT a better player than he was when he was with us the first time, so why would he be more successful now?

We have Kenny now though and a team working well together that might get the best out of him, and if we can get more of the player that scored those two unreal goals in that Manc derby it could be worth it.

I'd rather bring on Maxi, ta

Good point, am a big fan of Maxi and would like to see him playing more, so maybe that could just be done instead if we don't sign another striker. Am actually not that bothered now when thinking of it like that..

Guest Numero Veinticinco
We need another striker. He is a good player and Kenny wants him. Simple.

I agree with everything other than the part about him being a good player.

Basically what it comes down to is would you rather,with 15 mins to go in atight game,bring on Bellamy or Ngog,because there's no way we'll spend big on a striker this transfer window

Is right.

I'm guessing we've checked out his physical condition in some way. If he has kept (most of) his pace it's a no-brainer for me.

As long as he's not tied to a long-term deal we'll only benefit from this imo.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Oh, okay.

Can you name a better third choice striker that we can pick up on a free then? Or are you still holding out hope that we'll sign Higuain?

I never said we would sign him, just that we should. Then again, I wouldn't have spent 35m on Carroll. Not much I can do about what those are the club and manager are doing, but it's fair to say getting a 32 year old, not very good, Liverpool and City reject isn't something I'd do.

Will I support him if he comes? Of course. It doesn't mean I want him here though. I know you don't like to go against what's happening at the club, or think for yourself in any way, but I'm just sharing my opinion.

I think he will be a fantastic signing. It mystifies me how anyone can think he is a poor player (unless he has dramatically declined since he was last in the Premiership).

I would love to see a front three of him, Suarez and Downing. How refreshing would it be to have an attack with lots of pace.

I never said we would sign him, just that we should. Then again, I wouldn't have spent 35m on Carroll. Not much I can do about what those are the club and manager are doing, but it's fair to say getting a 32 year old, not very good, Liverpool and City reject isn't something I'd do.

Will I support him if he comes? Of course. It doesn't mean I want him here though. I know you don't like to go against what's happening at the club, or think for yourself in any way, but I'm just sharing my opinion.

Yeah, you've got me bang to rights there mate. Good call. You're clearly a maverick yourself. I mean, pointing out players that everyone knows are good but we have little chance of actually signing is the mark of a true free thinker. Spending the whole summer imagining that we might sign the likes of Higuain, Mata, Aguero etc. and bitching about our actual targets was clearly time well spent.

By the way, can you name another third choice striker that we can get on a free who is better than Bellamy?

Not sure about Bellamy to be honest, when he played here last time around it was pretty uninspiring. If we do sign him heres to hoping he`s going to play with a vengance to prove City wrong.

BTW. wasn`t there someone promising handjobs all around if we signed Coates and Bellamy?

Guest davelfc

Kenny thinks he will do a job, fuck everyone else. I suppose some think he can sit in his bath chair next to Gerrard while they waggle their walking sticks at the team.

The way Kenny has the team playing, the tempo of the team and that we're an attacking team suits Bellamy perfectly. Plus he'll be coming on probably after Suarez has run defenders ragged, perfect.

If you can't see that, then I guess you don't know much, which means you'll be fine here.

Kenny thinks he will do a job, fuck everyone else. I suppose some think he can sit in his bath chair next to Gerrard while they waggle their walking sticks at the team.

The way Kenny has the team playing, the tempo of the team and that we're an attacking team suits Bellamy perfectly. Plus he'll be coming on probably after Suarez has run defenders ragged, perfect.

If you can't see that, then I guess you don't know much, which means you'll be fine here.

This.