You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

With what City are paying the rest of them,I'm surprised it isn't more!:eek:

Vincent Kompany and Nigel De Jong are both being paid less than 60,000 p/w... and they are two of their most important players. They asked the club for substantial pay-rises... and City have offered them 75,000 p/w! CRIMINAL! I'd be burning the place down if I was them.

Not in the slightest. It was the early days of the mental spending. They paid about 14m for him too. i would love to see a breakdown of how much money City have ploughed through.

Yeah, it's absolutely incredible.

Not in the slightest. It was the early days of the mental spending. They paid about 14m for him too. i would love to see a breakdown of how much money City have ploughed through.

Since he's arrived Mansour's spent £420m gross on transfers (net won't be much lower). Wages have been £82m in 08/09, £133m in 09/10 & were estimated at £160m last year. He's spent about £800m on players versus estimated total income of £350m

Tony Barrett

Last updated August 26 2011 12:01AM

Craig Bellamy’s hopes of rejoining Liverpool have been boosted after Manchester City granted him a free transfer in an attempt to remove a high earner from their wage bill.

The Wales forward will now seek a financial settlement from City before severing his ties. Bellamy believes he is entitled to a compensation payment after being deemed surplus to requirements despite having a year left on his £90,000-per-week contract.

The 32-year-old is being pursued by a number of Barclays Premier League clubs, and Liverpool are leading the chase for their former player despite strong interest from Tottenham Hotspur. Kenny Dalglish has long been an admirer of Bellamy and is keen to add to his attacking options. He thinks that Bellamy could dovetail equally well with Andy Carroll or Luis Suárez and could also be used as an impact substitute.

Gary Speed, the Wales manager, has given Bellamy’s proposed move to Anfield his blessing and is hoping that his captain’s future will be resolved by the end of this month. “It is only natural Craig is going to be linked with top clubs because he is a top player,” Speed said. “Liverpool are a fantastic club and if it comes off, that would be great. Hopefully by the end of the transfer window things will be sorted out.”

After a summer of high activity in the transfer market, Bellamy is likely to be Liverpool’s final target with a £7 million deal for Sebastian Coates, the Uruguay central defender, set to be completed imminently. Coates travelled to Merseyside from Montevideo yesterday and will have a medical today. The acquisition of the highly rated 20-year-old would be a significant coup for Liverpool, particularly as Manchester City were also keen to sign him after his eye-catching performances in the recent Copa América.

Dalglish will look to streamline his squad further in an attempt to make space for the impending arrival of Coates and the potential signing of Bellamy. Alberto Aquilani has completed his move to AC Milan on a one-year loan, with the Italian club having an obligation to sign the midfield player on a permanent basis for a pre-agreed fee of £7 million in the event of him playing 25 games.

“This is a step forward in my career,” Aquilani said. “The clause of making at least 25 appearances is not a problem for me. I’m not thinking about it. I will do everything possible to earn the trust of the club.”

http://www.thetimes....icle3145690.ece

Im not 100% convinced he will be great but he is better than Ngog and hopfully if he does ok he will be around for next year aswell.

I do like the idea of bringing him on if we are behind in a game.

----------------Lucas

----------Gerrard----Raul

Downing----------------------Bellamy

-----------------Suarez

Dave Prentice: As far as we know the player is trying to organise a pay-off with Manchester City. If he can do that successfully he will be a Liverpool player by next week. It sounds like City have no qualms about him joining one of their potential top four rivals.

1:34

Paul Abbandonato: My understanding, and this clearly comes from the Welsh end, rather than Merseyside, is that Kenny Dalglish wants Craig. hence the heavy recent speculation. Sources close to Craig tell me it's almost a done deal, but I personally believe there is a lot of negotiating still to be done with Manchester City.

Craig is on a very lucrative contract at Eastlands, still has two years of that deal to run, and a pay-off would have to be agreed because Liverpool only want to sign him on a free transfer.

Can Craig agree the pay-off? Or could the transfer window end and he yet ends up back at Cardiff City? My guess is Liverpool by next week, as Dave says, but in football I rule nothing out.

From the ECHO webchat Liverpool FC Craig Bellamy live chat - join us from 1.30pm - News - Liverpool FC - Liverpool Echo

Im not 100% convinced he will be great but he is better than Ngog and hopfully if he does ok he will be around for next year aswell.

I do like the idea of bringing him on if we are behind in a game.

----------------Lucas

----------Gerrard----Raul

Downing----------------------Bellamy

-----------------Suarez

I like this a lot. Should be first choice front six. If Bellamy signs of course.

i love the little fucker, he will get right under the skin of every opposition defender, manager, fan even fucking kit men. What an option to have when the game is stretched in the last 20, still has an eye for a goal and can play across the front line. A no brainer signing for me.

Hope he takes the number 17 shirt back.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
4-3-3 with a trident of Suarez, wor Andy and Bellamy? Schweeeeet.

No place for Downing though...

Kicking 20 million quid Downing out for freebie Bellamy? I think not.

Don't let your memories cloud your judgement of what he's become. A burnt out husk.

He's not good enough any more.

Has he ever been?

129013137920188935.jpg

9 goals in 41 apps for us in his prime, still if he was free and his wages were respectable then i suppose he is better than what we have at the moment. Still feel we could and should do better tho.

If we sign Bellamy and he recaptures the form and fitness he displayed in his last season at Man City I reckon we could win the title.

Oh for fucks sake. *sarcasm* Yes, Bellamy will fire us to the title. *sarcasm* (he couldn't even fire Cardiff to promotion)

Oh for fucks sake. *sarcasm* Yes, Bellamy will fire us to the title. *sarcasm* (he couldn't even fire Cardiff to promotion)

In a team like ours though he's going to get better service and be able to assist more. Would love to see him play with Luis but not hugely gutted if it doesn't work out. Think we badly need a different option to N'gog though so am hoping someone arrives.

In a team like ours though he's going to get better service and be able to assist more. Would love to see him play with Luis but not hugely gutted if it doesn't work out. Think we badly need a different option to N'gog though so am hoping someone arrives.

That's what people said when Bellamy first came. He was still shit. He's NOT a better player than he was when he was with us the first time, so why would he be more successful now?