You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

Just now, suzy said:

Do you trust FSG to let us have all that money? Only hours left too!

We wouldn't be able to get a replacement in today, but could probably manage with Szoboslai playing wide right and Gravenberch playing in midfield.

I think FSG would reinvest the money though much like we did with Coutinho. 

7 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

That's because the MLS starts in March and ends in the autumn, Saudi League has just started.

It's the world club cup in December they want him for. It's in Saudi. Its the last one before its reformed into a 32 team mess. If they are that desperate for him and that sort of deal can be done then they'd wait. They get there man at the mid point of the season in time for the show piece FIFA event in December in Saudi. 

Don't think anything happens myself and it shouldn't unless Klopp says yes

Just now, Lee909 said:

It's the world club cup in December they want him for. It's in Saudi. Its the last one before its reformed into a 32 team mess. If they are that desperate for him and that sort of deal can be done then they'd wait. They get there man at the mid point of the season in time for the show piece FIFA event in December in Saudi. 

Don't think anything happens myself and it shouldn't unless Klopp says yes

You can't register a player outside a transfer window.

If we don't sell Salah this window I can see us telling the Saudi's to come back in January.  See how we're doing then, what chance we have of trophies, how Doak is progressing etc, and depending on all that sell him then or agree a deal for next summer.  I think we'd have sold him this window if a big enough offer would have been made early on and with enough time to replace Salah.  Even I, big FSG cynic that I am, think that FSG would want us to sign a direct replacement. Good PR and all that

18 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

All Salah (or his weasel of an agent) has to do is come to stop this is come out with a definitive statement.

Salah told the club that he would go if they accept an offer. If not he’s happy to stay. It is the club’s decision now.

Rumors in Saudi are that both Salah and Ramos will be announced soon. Yes, Sergio Ramos of all cunts.

Salah thing is slightly worrying me now.

It seems to have become a bit of a grudge thing for them now. Their massive ego and pride and always being able to buy what they want is on the line.....and they will look bad now if they don't get Salah.

Expect reports of bids of 200m before end of today and this to rumble on next week too.

If they wanted him this badly they should have come with the money earlier and maybe the selling club would have been in a position to sell knowing can go out and replace - yeah that isn't their problem of course, but it actually is as this is how transfer business works especially with clubs best players - they need to learn some manners frankly instead of just thinking money is and solves everything.

It's going to be a pain in the arse as even if we don't budge today this will drag on until next week.

If I had confidence in our transfers, and this happened earlier in the summer, I'd have taken the £150m and replaced his position with the best young talent we could find and and top class CB (just because of his age). But we cant put a pile of cash on the RW so fuck all benefit in selling him now.