You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (A) - Sun 9th Oct 2022 (4:30pm)

Trumo

1 minute ago, clangers said:

They won't sack him precisely because of that. They'll also have decided that Klopp is the most likely to be able to rebuild the team on a shoestring budget.

It wouldn't surprise me if Klopp decided to walk away at the end of the season.

Hope not but it wouldn’t surprise me, he just doesn’t look happy

1 minute ago, Dave D said:

i never got the Thiago love-in. Like everyone, I could see he was a quality player but at what cost? Teams he plays in need the Wiljnaldums and Manes to do the leg work and cover his countless injury patches.

If you thin the squad and decide to actually begin relying on him beggars belief....gross bloody negligence

Thiago is an excellent player, and brings a lot to our midfield. There are only two problems. 1) His injury record and 2) The other eight midfielders arent nowhere near good enough.

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Strontium said:

It doesn't matter what we do on the pitch, there's always an excuse not to spend money.

"We didn't qualify for the Champions League, we can't afford to sign anyone"
"We qualified for the Champions League, so the squad is good enough already"

"We can't buy anyone this year, we're signing Bellingham next year"

"Oh, we can't buy Bellingham, he's going to Real Madrid"

It's like being a kid going shopping with your mum. "Can I have that", "No".

Yeah, they need to fuck off

1 minute ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Thiago is an excellent player, and brings a lot to our midfield. There are only two problems. 1) His injury record and 2) The other eight midfielders arent nowhere near good enough.

Yes he's excellent- but you cannot build your team thinking on him being available.

He's a luxury that you can accomodate with the right squad

21 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

It's funny, daft as it sounds but us being good the last few years is the only thing that's made the English game tolerable.

Back in the 90s I used to watch loads of different matches between different sides, there were players and teams I liked watching besides us. I haven't felt like that for years.

City's criminality and the tolerance of it, the shite standard of punditry and commentary, the absolute, relentless bile from rival fans. 

It's just not a good league anymore or a pleasant sport to be a part of. Us being good to watch was like a defibrillator for the last few years, but once that's turned off I'm out.

Hmmm I don’t believe you

4 minutes ago, Dave D said:

i never got the Thiago love-in. Like everyone, I could see he was a quality player but at what cost? Teams he plays in need the Wiljnaldums and Manes to do the leg work and cover his countless injury patches.

If you thin the squad and decide to actually begin relying on him beggars belief....gross bloody negligence

Thiago had a very average game today, with a couple of very expensive mistakes, but if you watch what Wijnauldum actually gave us in a game, Thiago delivers that - leg work, interceptions, keep the ball ticking over, and then all the other good stuff.  Today he was poor, but he was still the best on display.  Thiago is not the problem.  Salah, Henderson, AA.  Fix that right side.  And rest VVD.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jennings said:

There is literally no evidence to support this.

Jens, you're right until you're completely wrong.  Klopp will be hating this, he knows the next presser will be shitter than the last, he knows he will get nowhere but a fine by criticising Oliver and VAR, and the next game is City where we might credibly lose by 5 or more, and the presser after that will be even worse still. 

I've never been anti FSG but they need to realise that Klopp is still our biggest asset within the playing staff and team, not Salah, not Henderson and not Virg. The players need to fucking wake up and remember it and all. I actually can't wait for the world cup now. This is as miserable as it's been in a long while. Hopefully the owners realise this and we get a body or two in this January. Early January. The 1st of fucking January. 

• Upvote 2

Feels to me that after last seasons monumental energy sapping efforts with some success but also tangible disappointment at the end, this team is really struggling to get back into it mentally and physically. I don't think this is helped by the fact that our style is high intensity, lung busting pressing, yet our first team is now one of the oldest in the league and has been asked to play this way for a number of seasons now. I think it has taken its toll on some of the players. Constant renewal is essential in my opinion if this is going to be the signature style of play. If the players are no longer able to play this way then the tactics must be adapted. You can see the newer players like Diaz are fresher and more willing and able to go at it, but those that have been asked to play this way for seasons now appear to be less at it so to speak. Might just be me, but that's how I see it at the moment.

Just feels like we're treading water to survive this season where we see moments of what we're capable of but don't have the mental concentration or physical energy to maintain it for long periods. I can see us going all out in one compeetition - the CL - to give us any chance of qualifying for CL next season.

The World Cup break might do us a favour depending how many of our players end up going and how long they go for, but by then it will be too late to chase so much back in the league,.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Dave D said:

Yes he's excellent- but you cannot build your team thinking on him being available.

He's a luxury that you can accomodate with the right squad

you can call him a luxury all you like but he's the only player you can rely on to play well when fit. 

1 minute ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Jens, you're right until you're completely wrong.  Klopp will be hating this, he knows the next presser will be shitter than the last, he knows he will get nowhere but a fine by criticising Oliver and VAR, and the next game is City where we might credibly lose by 5 or more, and the presser after that will be even worse still. 

Maybe he should do his job and coach the cunts at the back on how to defend.

1 minute ago, Jhinge Machha said:

funnily enough, i am dreading anyone other than city winning the league. Imagine if that happens while we turn to shit.

dont think that'll happen though - we cant be THAT unlucky

I see what you're saying but if it's the last day of the season and them and Arsenal have a chance to win the title I'll be hoping Arsenal win it. Fuck City the lottery winning cheating cunts 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, stringvest said:

Thiago had a very average game today, with a couple of very expensive mistakes, but if you watch what Wijnauldum actually gave us in a game, Thiago delivers that - leg work, interceptions, keep the ball ticking over, and then all the other good stuff.  Today he was poor, but he was still the best on display.  Thiago is not the problem.  Salah, Henderson, AA.  Fix that right side.  And rest VVD.

Spot on this. That right side has been a disaster this season, and Salah is definately part of the problem. 

12 minutes ago, clangers said:

They won't sack him precisely because of that. They'll also have decided that Klopp is the most likely to be able to rebuild the team on a shoestring budget.

It wouldn't surprise me if Klopp decided to walk away at the end of the season.

It must be gut wrenching for Klopp having signed a new deal last year in all the positivity of last season, he must have been promised money to spend because he mentioned strengthening the squad and going again for the next 4 seasons only to be shafted at the very first opportunity.

Honestly I dont know what elliot brings to the team. Henderson should be dropped but there's a real lack of options. Trent needs a stay out of the team or just put the fucker in midfield because even playing deeper he's looking shit. Matip looks like everytime the camera went off him he spun round as fast as he can for 10 seconds to see what it's like playing dizzy. The whole back line look like the balls a handgrenade and they are scared to touch it. Thiago and Firmino really frustrating at how they give the ball away. Salah looks like a squad player.

Glad to have Konate back. Nunes shows glimpses he could be good. As a team we are really poor. Klopp is having a nightmare but it's mostly been caused by fsg not fucking investing in the elite level sports club they own.

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I can't see it. 

Crazy stat there, Redknapp only lost once in 14 games for us against Arsenal. 

Players get bored of hearing the same thing every week and once it stops working there’s no way they’re taking any responsibility for it.

We've already seen a few of the players saying the tactics aren’t helping and Fabinho was arguing with him last week.

Remember reading someone saying Rinus Michels said you’ve got 3 years with players before they’ve heard everything you’ve said so you’ve got to have a clear out and freshen it up. Lippi, demento and last week Pep came out and said the same. 

This lot will give up on him long before he does with them.