You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Knew it

Chip Butty

Never understand why famous people have to be sex pests with the amount of legitimate flange that must get thrown their way. I saw Sean Wright Phillips in a bar once and the birds were like flies round shit despite the fact he's three foot six.

• Upvote 1

Always thought he was a cunt.  A 30 (at the time) trying to 'get down with the kids' (as Rik might say) always seemed wrong. 

Gives a new meaning to 'Pimp my ride' now. 

Itv news just gave the bbc a kicking over Westward on their 10oclock news, bringing up Saville and sending the bbc emails asking if they knew or received complaints whilst he worked there, the bbc declined to answer. 

This could turn very sticky very quickly for the BBC. Its fucking dreadful on its own merits but the other dimension being spun is a white middle class public schoolboy, son of a priest was employed by bbc to be the

voice of their hip hop output who made a living playing predominantly black music and is now accused of using his position to sexually assault young black girls over a lengthy period of time? 

7 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Itv news just gave the bbc a kicking over Westward on their 10oclock news, bringing up Saville and sending the bbc emails asking if they knew or received complaints whilst he worked there, the bbc declined to answer. 

This could turn very sticky very quickly for the BBC. Its fucking dreadful on its own merits but the other dimension being spun is a white middle class public schoolboy, son of a priest was employed by bbc to be the

voice of their hip hop output who made a living playing predominantly black music and is now accused of using his position to sexually assault young black girls over a lengthy period of time? 

A channel that employed Piers Morgan needs to shut the fuck up. 

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, Pete said:

A channel that employed Piers Morgan needs to shut the fuck up. 

Why, rumours he's been sexually assaulting teenage girls as well? Good, tell us more. It's not just Itv, this story is blasted all over America, Rolling Stone and TV stations have picked up on it. Not my type of scene so i didn't realise Westwood was a name over there but apparently he was involved with all the big American hip hop stars as well as people like Jay Zee and Beyonce and with the black lives matters movement in America no need to guess how this might play out over there. Westwords apparently worth upwards of £10 million and the person who gave Westward his break and was his boss on bbc radio during the mid 90s was Tim Davey, links with the Conservative party who is now the BBCs director general.

I bet weve got more than a few people high up in the broadcast industry who are praying Westward doesn't get arrested and charged.

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

Why, rumours he's been sexually assaulting teenage girls as well? Good, tell us more. It's not just Itv, this story is blasted all over America, Rolling Stone and TV stations have picked up on it. Not my type of scene so i didn't realise Westward was a name over there but apparently he was involved with all the big American hip hop stars as well as people like Jay Zee and Beyonce and with the black lives matters movement in America no need to guess how this might play out over there. Westwords apparently worth upwards of £10 million and the person who gave Westward his break and was his boss on bbc radio during the mid 90s was Tim Davey, links with the Conservative party who is now the BBCs director general.

I bet weve got more than a few people high up in the broadcast industry who are praying Westward doesn't get arrested and charged.

Milly Dowler. That is all. 

9 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Why, rumours he's been sexually assaulting teenage girls as well? Good, tell us more. It's not just Itv, this story is blasted all over America, Rolling Stone and TV stations have picked up on it. Not my type of scene so i didn't realise Westward was a name over there but apparently he was involved with all the big American hip hop stars as well as people like Jay Zee and Beyonce and with the black lives matters movement in America no need to guess how this might play out over there. Westwords apparently worth upwards of £10 million and the person who gave Westward his break and was his boss on bbc radio during the mid 90s was Tim Davey, links with the Conservative party who is now the BBCs director general.

It’s Westwood.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Pete said:

Milly Dowler. That is all. 

I was talking about the entertainment industry and how some institutions may be quilty of turning a blind eye, (such as in the Savile, Harvey Whinsteen cases) to sex crimes perpetrated by its stars.

15 minutes ago, Chairman Meow said:

It's Weinstein. 

Yeah that's him. 

On the Westwood issue, I'm not defending him or making excuses but certain elements of the rap/hip hop scene are very misogynistic and seedy, the way some speak about women and girls is obscene.

• Upvote 1

Lot's of stuff on twitter about him being renowned in Uni's up and down the country as a sleaze. Stalking Uni halls and the like. 

I remember jibbing listening to Kev Seed one Saturday night from the paradox to listen to the (allegedly) first UK play of this on Westwood: 

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

Unsurprisingly I have no real idea who he is beyond a radio 1 dj who did rap stuff. I also thought he was black given how you'd expect Auntie to be down with their target audience. 

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Unsurprisingly I have no real idea who he is beyond a radio 1 dj who did rap stuff. I also thought he was black given how you'd expect Auntie to be down with their target audience. 

The Norwich born son of a vicar, Timothy Westwood, did his best to convince; you have to admit.