You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Well it's the old issue of 30 years without a title, isnt it? We won cups at home and abroad since 1990. But the league was the big 

When you look at the cup records of the big 6 over the past 15 years,  us and Spurs stand out like a score thumb. 

Understand the obsession with the League , but we have only really been close in a few seasons and not even in Europe on occasions but still not really taken them seriously 

Guest Alex_K
10 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

He did really underperformed with Wattford, they have lots of very good players.

They were 7 points adrift I believe when he took over - he's actually most likely kept them up. If Bournemouth lose today that's almost certain. He's done a great job considering.

He's clearly wholly dysfunctional though -- routinely bouncing from club to club -- while Watford are just as bad in their haphazard approach. It'll be a shame if they stay up at Bournemouth's expense to be honest.

Guest Alex_K
2 minutes ago, Elite said:

2-0 Soon

Eddie Howe looks close to tears.

Their results since the restart have been shocking. 6 losses, 1 draw, 1 win. Losing at home to Newcastle & Palace were really nails in the coffin for them.

Guest Alex_K
2 minutes ago, Elite said:

3-0 Spurs within 4O minutes, Kane looking very good.

Yeah, he's a top striker. Surely he'll be leaving there next summer if not this. I suppose his £90 million contract makes the pill of playing for a mid table team easier to swallow.

The streakiness of Brendan Rodgers' football teams is remarkable. Equally adept at sweeping up 10 game loss and win runs.

Just now, A_S said:

Am I right in reading this as they can still make top 4 by beating the mancs in the final game? 

They'd be level on points but Mancs goal difference could be better if Leicester concede any more and the Mancs score a few in their game in hand.

1 minute ago, A_S said:

Am I right in reading this as they can still make top 4 by beating the mancs in the final game? 

Yes, but goal difference might be an issue at that point if Utd win the next game. We need Chelsea to kick six or seven Utd players out of it tonight.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, A_S said:

Yes, but as things stand goal difference is exactly the same. Now the mancs have West Ham next so I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them gifted a few. Leicester might have to beat the mancs by 2 or 3 clear goals depending on how this game pans out. Up to Rodgers to point this out to his team, because if they chase the game like they have so far with a lack of intelligence in MF then Spurs could get a few more.