You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Great shows turned to Zlatan

Remmie

A lot of people feel Game of Thrones has descended into poorly written, hero saves they day standard rubbish in the last couple of seasons and Stig's Sons of Anarchy post on the top 10 thread made me think of shows that started out great and quickly became utter shite.

Sons of Anarchy - Relatively unique take on gangs and gangsters culminating in an initially fun TV show with Ron Pearlman brilliantly cast as the baddie, but eventually became tired, predictable, ridiculous and silly. 

Lost - A compelling concept with an incredible potential petered out after a solid first season, couldn't be arsed afterwards.

Prison break - Once they broke out of prison it lost all credibility and intrigue. Before that, there were genuine cliff hangers and good twists a plenty.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

House of Cards. Thought it was going to be brilliant when I first started watching it. Got half way through season 2 and it just wasn't going anywhere. It became a chore to watch so I jibbed it off. 

UK or US version? 

Homeland, first series was excellent then it became shit

There's a show called Ola Gonna Soul Scar.

Brilliant first few episodes, then it finished the first season really shitty. 

The second season I reckon it will get jibbed before the end of it.

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

24 is another one. The first two series were great and then it got ridiculous. Same with Homeland. 

Season 7 of 24 was Sunday. It was just footage of Kiefer in his dressing gown, reading the papers and waiting for the footie.

Do you remember how Season one of 24 was billed as the worst day of Jack Bauer's life? After 7 more seasons and a film I wonder if it gets to the stage of being the 9th worst day of Jack Bauer's life...

10 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Do you remember how Season one of 24 was billed as the worst day of Jack Bauer's life? After 7 more seasons and a film I wonder if it gets to the stage of being the 9th worst day of Jack Bauer's life...

I'd imagine the day where he died and then got revived, all in the name of American patriotism, was one of his worst days.