You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joe Gomez out for a month

Lee909

• 1 month later...

He's not very good. Let's be honest. Mid table standard. He hasn't stepped up.

If TAA had played instead of him at tree start of the year we just might have had more points.

If he's meant to be a CB then I'll cut him some slack, but I'm just hit seeing it.

He's not very good. Let's be honest. Mid table standard. He hasn't stepped up.

If TAA had played instead of him at tree start of the year we just might have had more points.

If he's meant to be a CB then I'll cut him some slack, but I'm just hit seeing it.

He'll be even worse at centre back, sadly he'll go the way of Andre Wisdom.

If we didn’t play mongnolet at the start we’d have had more points. if we’d have bought VVD in the summer we’d have had more points. If officials in this country weren’t fucking incompetent we’d have had more points.

• Upvote 1

He'll never make a right back for a decent team whilst he has a hole in his arse. Lacking in any attacking quality at all.

Needs to go out on loan or be sold to see if he can make it at centre back. Never going to get the game time here to learn the position and no way should he either.

Although Joe gomez played for Charlton at right back, his preferred position was centre back. Until he has played at centre back it is unfair to rule him out as a prospect completely. I think he played centre back for England and I heard he bossed Neymar. I'm not interested in England so I don't know but if true there must be a defender there.

Agreed. Only a few weeks ago TAA was getting it for mistakes against Utd and Palace.

But the difference there is that TAA put those behind him and has since been pretty stellar against some of the best players in Europe so shows he is learning from those errors.

Gomez on the other hand...

I don't see a player good enough to play for Liverpool in there at all.

He seems to struggle with concentration. He regularly gives simple passes away under no pressure or gets caught ball watching.

It could just be inexperience but I'd be happier to send him out on loan to see if he improves than give him regular football at Liverpool because he costs us too often. He's 5th choice centre half and when Clyne is fully fit he could well be 3rd choice right back. That's all because right now there are better players than him in the squad.

He's going to struggle to get the experience he needs at Liverpool.

• Upvote 1

Gomez will be fine. Been a terrible season for him with injuries and he's not back to anything like his best. Get fully fit, decent pre-season and he could be a big player for us next season,

He's played more games this season than he ever has before. 22 PL games so far.

Lad of course is still young lost 2 years basically with genuinely terrible seasons to injury...but maybe there is the problem - is he just going to be one of those players who suffers with injuries all the time, or does he go on put injuries behind him to realise his full potential...next couple of years will be very telling.

Lad is deffo not a proper full back though - his future surely is at centre half.