You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

can you go back to being 9God as since you have changed back to NV you have become an obnoxious self righteous cunt.

I’ll tell you what I’ll never do, I’ll never accept being insulted by somebody who doesn’t want to address the point of the conversation. What both you and Zonko did there was come into a conversation with somebody else, insult me without even mentioning the subject being spoken about, and then when I have a pop back I’m the bad guy. I’ll certainly argue my point, I’ll respond in kind, but what you’ve done there has made you look like a right shithouse.

Fuck. You.

• Upvote 3

I’ll tell you what I’ll never do, I’ll never accept being insulted by somebody who doesn’t want to address the point of the conversation. What both you and Zonko did there was come into a conversation with somebody else, insult me without even mentioning the subject being spoken about, and then when I have a pop back I’m the bad guy. I’ll certainly argue my point, I’ll respond in kind, but what you’ve done there has made you look like a right shithouse.

Fuck. You.

the problem is you are telling everyone else their opinions because it differed from your own. People are allowed to have their opinions and be completely belligerent about them, that is their right.

When you were posting under 9God you were slot more tolerant of it.

the problem is you are telling everyone else their opinions because it differed from your own. People are allowed to have their opinions and be completely belligerent about them, that is their right.

When you were posting under 9God you were slot more tolerant of it.

I'm not telling anybody their opinions, slug. I'm saying how much i disagree on this. And I'm doing it belligerently, but I'm the cunt?

Come on.

• Upvote 1

I'm not telling anybody their opinions, slug. I'm saying how much i disagree on this. And I'm doing it belligerently, but I'm the cunt?

Come on.

the point is you are both entrenched in your own views. Whether right or wrong neither of you are willing to budge on your views which just makes the other even more determined to get their point across. People reading articles and listening to podcasts will hear what they want to hear.

When all you need to remember is that it was Cecil that was being interviewed

He said that US teams are set up for safe profit and they find it hard to understand the english model - relegation and the top 4 battle.

We are owned by businessmen looking for a profit first and foremost - that is clear.

Any trophies will be a bonus. They don't care if we never win again as long as we make a profit. Their business is to maximise profit and sell when the time is right.

They may well spend a bit in time but they have been taking all of our income for all this time so i wont be shouting from the rooftops.

Purslow was fairly slimy and i thought he was going to snap at one point. He reeled it back in a couple of times. He forgot a lot and was fairly patronising.

He said that US teams are set up for safe profit and they find it hard to understand the english model - relegation and the top 4 battle.

We are owned by businessmen looking for a profit first and foremost - that is clear.

Any trophies will be a bonus. They don't care if we never win again as long as we make a profit. Their business is to maximise profit and sell when the time is right.

They may well spend a bit in time but they have been taking all of our income for all this time so i wont be shouting from the rooftops.

Purslow was fairly slimy and i thought he was going to snap at one point. He reeled it back in a couple of times. He forgot a lot and was fairly patronising.

I can't stand the sight of him, was there any questions about the time he played football manager and signed Joe Cole et all ?

The only thing I’ve ever thought about Cecil is that the facial expression he would have pulled during that (possibly apocryphal but can’t recall) “Why did Rafa play 2 defensive midfielders against so and so?” exchange, would have contained more smug than a smoothie made from Alan Pardew, Jeremy Vine, the short-arse from Ant and Dec and that Dermot cunt who used to host X-Factor being put through an industrial nutri-bullet.

What an absolutely monstrous fucking queef the Fernando Torres of being a foreskin-on-legs is.

Lying? Go fuck yourself, you agenda driven tit. You’ve twisted what was said for your own agenda. Again. Time to get over that email.

I haven't twisted it at all, as well you know. But now your position has become undefendable, you've chosen to lash out at others. You're a fucking idiot and I'll be sticking you on ignore from here on in. Gobshite.
  • Upvote 1

Huh??

What does he say at 39:40?

He is mentions Tottenham beginning to have do what we have already done for the last 7 years - then lists the "superstar" we sell every couple of years to try to build the team. He certainly references Fenway directly and that established strategy.

When does he say they will be putting more money forward?

Howie, I just make it up to match my agenda. Even though I said in my original post purslow tries to sell this strategy as a good thing.

Was Purslow not responsible for signing Robbie Keane hence Rafas self destructive hissy and not playing him?

Parry bought Keane when rafa wanted to spend the money on Gareth Barry. Once we got Keane and villa made their asking price for Barry double what we'd wanted, we were fucked. Fortunately it meant we kept alonso for another year. Cecil bought Joe Cole though I think and thought hodgson was a better manager.

I haven't twisted it at all, as well you know. But now your position has become undefendable, you've chosen to lash out at others. You're a fucking idiot and I'll be sticking you on ignore from here on in. Gobshite.

I what? I was replying my to your insults, which you’ve kept up. You’re such a liar, and an agenda driven fool.

Interesting.

I feel Bourbons get a bad rap around these parts. There are the nicer, crumblier sugar coated ones that can be dunked to some degree of success, in lieu of a premium dunker like a chocolate Hobnob or suchlike.

The problem is the lower quality variants, usually the Supermarket own brands version, are absolutely rank. You can usually identify these by the lack of sprinkled sugar on the outside.

I think it's time we put our prejudice of Bourbons to one side.