You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Firmino Racism Allegations

aRdja

I'm worried that if it is as we all suspect, nothing, then why is it taking forever for them to do or say anything? 

Because apart from on Merseyside the thing has slipped off most peoples radar I reckon, 

Maybe they will leave it until the season ends and announce no further action who knows . The FA are a shambles . 

The FA have a history of cowardly behaviour in the face of Blueshite fuuuuume.

Red-faced FA accused of bias against Liverpool

Arsenal or Chelsea would not have had to finish fourth

Paul Doyle

The FA faced major embarrassment today after it emerged that its decision to exclude Liverpool from next year's Champions League unless they finished fourth in the Premiership flies in the face of a ruling they made last year when Chelsea and Arsenal were potentially in a similar predicament.

The FA declared just yesterday that the only way English teams can qualify for the Champions League is by finishing in the top four of the Premiership. It therefore confirmed that if Liverpool beat AC Milan and are crowned European champions later this month, they will not be allowed to defend their title unless they also beat Everton and Bolton to fourth spot in the league.

However, last year, at a time when Chelsea and Arsenal were still challenging in Europe, the FA announced that if either side won the Champions League, they would be permitted to re-enter the competition the following year regardless of where they finished in the Premiership.

A statement on the FA's web site, dated March 10 2004, read: "Should Arsenal or Chelsea win the Champions League, they will automatically qualify for next season's competition, but England will not gain an extra Champions League place, even if they finish outside of the top four in the Premiership. In that scenario, the fourth-placed team in the Premiership will play in next season's Uefa Cup."

The statement was removed this morning - however, it can still be viewed here [dead link]. When contacted by Guardian Unlimited, the FA said it is composing an official reaction to today's revelation.

If indeed the FA are trying to sweep it under the carpet, then there is still the matter of Holgate's actions that kicked things off. If Holgate gets away it, then all those players charged with violent conduct for infractions that were far more trivial would be well without their rights to question their punishment.

I remember reading an article about when Hungary beat England 6-3 at Wembley in the 1950s. Puskas scored a goal after wrong-footing the England defence and the reporter described the defence as "a fire engine going to the wrong fire". That phrase aptly describes the way the FA usually handle things.

Some lids had a few too many Sagres tops at the Porto game and sang a song about Mo Salah scoring so many goals they'd become muslim and sit in a mosque etc. It has captured the hearts of a nation

Although cringe worthy, it's hardly offensive in my view. In a western world which is growing towards anti-muslim swaying, it's a bit tongue in cheek to say "if he keeps playing like this, I'll convert to Islam". Silly and harmless, IMO. Apart from the cringe.

• Upvote 1

Holgates push on Firmino is surely violent conduct as I think (may be wrong) it took place totally off the pitch so can't really be deemed foul play....

He had already stopped challenging for ball and the push was a totally new motion and clearly pre meditated as they ran off pitch.

Holgates push on Firmino is surely violent conduct as I think (may be wrong) it took place totally off the pitch so can't really be deemed foul play....

He had already stopped challenging for ball and the push was a totally new motion and clearly pre meditated as they ran off pitch.

Plus it happened before the alleged verbal assault so in any case should be treated separately.