You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jan Aage Fjortoft 

✔@JanAageFjortoft

Re Keita to Liverpool

Been told that he won't leave now. But he has a clause in his contract after next season. Can leave for specific fee

Fuck me, Jan's got his finger on the pulse with that 'he has a clause in his contract' hasnt he? That's been known about for sometime now.

I agree with Jockey. Our dealings since Klopp have arrived have been very good and how many times does Klopp have to say that he didnt want to spend in January before anybody believes him? I bet we have alternative targets for both Van Dijk and Keita too. I think criticism of FSG is actually criticism of Klopp. How many times will people continue to underestimate Klopp's choice of transfer dealings,either signings or non signings yet he still keeps achieving things he shouldnt. Whatever will happen will happen and if we didnt sign anybody else I would say Klopp is happy with that.

People said it jokingly but it probably would be cheaper to tempt Rangnick to join us, Klopp has worked with a DoF before in Zorc and has said multiple times that he doesn't mind it. They have very similar ideas on how the game should be played so wouldn't clash heads and we'd have an identity and style to keep with future managers.

I agree with Jockey. Our dealings since Klopp have arrived have been very good and how many times does Klopp have to say that he didnt want to spend in January before anybody believes him? I bet we have alternative targets for both Van Dijk and Keita too. I think criticism of FSG is actually criticism of Klopp. How many times will people continue to underestimate Klopp's choice of transfer dealings,either signings or non signings yet he still keeps achieving things he shouldnt. Whatever will happen will happen and if we didnt sign anybody else I would say Klopp is happy with that.

Quality post, that. Totally agree.

But also, please buy players. Mkaybye

Do you think that Matip and Lovren backed up by Gomez and Klavan is good enough centre half options for a club playing champions league and looking to win trophies/get into champions league again?

He keeps achieving things he shouldn't?

What has he achieved at Liverpool? He's achieved the square root of fuck all so far. His predecessor achieved more than he did, and his predecessor wasn't good enough.

I refuse to believe he is stupid enough to think this said is strong enough to survive if we can't get Keita and VVD.

He keeps achieving things he shouldn't?

What has he achieved at Liverpool? He's achieved the square root of fuck all so far. His predecessor achieved more than he did, and his predecessor wasn't good enough.

I refuse to believe he is stupid enough to think this said is strong enough to survive if we can't get Keita and VVD.

No, but evidently you and the other members of the bedshitting brigade are stupid enough to believe he thinks it's actually true.

Do you think that Matip and Lovren backed up by Gomez and Klavan is good enough centre half options for a club playing champions league and looking to win trophies/get into champions league again?

Not even close.  We absolutely 100% must buy one quality CB that can slot into the first XI.   Anything less than that? Dereliction of duty, really.  

• Upvote 1

Not even close. We absolutely 100% must buy one quality CB that can slot into the first XI. Anything less than that? Dereliction of duty, really.

Is right...i'd argue we need two, but one is absolutely needed - how many times was Lucas needed there last season and this season the demands are more with Europe.

Yet here we are a less than a month before the season starts and those are our options.

Matip played 28 of our 38 league games last season - Lovren 29.

Although didn't we fuck up with Matip with our 'honesty' about AFCON and eligibility for some of the games he missed?