You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2017/18 edition.

Trumo

How the hell has Welbeck got in this squad? He's utter garbage; he is to strikers as Hoddle is to pundits. If Southgate is about not just this tournament but the next few, then what is there to be gained by taking him to the World Cup over, say, Sessegnon or Sancho? Or me for that matter?

Don’t think I have ever looked forward to seeing a World Cup less.

Why?

The World Cup is almost always good fun.

If you're lacking enthusiasm because England are poor, you really need to readjust your perspective...

Plus I'm intrigued to see how badly the Russians can deal with it.

• Upvote 1

Why?

The World Cup is almost always good fun.

If you're lacking enthusiasm because England are poor, you really need to readjust your perspective...

Plus I'm intrigued to see how badly the Russians can deal with it.

Couldn’t give a shit about England but confess I do think it increases the excitement when they are in it and give it a go.

Still looking forward to it but not as in previous years. Think the venue is shit.

To be honest, I have no recollection of Reuter and Eilts, so gave the English players the benefit of the doubt.

Kane is better than Kuntz however.

Yeah neither do I, especially Eilts. You could argue that Sterling is a better all round footballer than Klinsmann was, even though obviously the German was the better striker.

I wouldn't mind seeing England win it this year, as I quite like Southgate and a couple of our lads are in the squad. Obviously Kane would have to be sent off in the semi final first and Hendo takes over the captaincy for the final.

I wouldn't mind seeing England win it this year, as I quite like Southgate and a couple of our lads are in the squad. Obviously Kane would have to be sent off in the semi final first and Hendo takes over the captaincy for the final.

More chance of me having a wank over Gemma Collins on the Celebrity nude thread over on the GF.

Not sure it'll catch on with England fans. At least the guy in the blue hoodie and beige kecks has the good sense to keep his hood up and his head down.

[YouTube]

[/YouTube]

And then we have The Chubby Hamster King. Sorry, but I don't know how to embed Vimeo.

https://player.vimeo.com/video/233912040"

And lastly, how any socially retarded cockwomble with a camera can now make their inadequacy heard.

http://dai.ly/x1twh0p

Knackers our preseason up even more. Would prefer the customary Ingurlund group exit.

Yeah neither do I, especially Eilts. You could argue that Sterling is a better all round footballer than Klinsmann was, even though obviously the German was the better striker.

For someone who bangs on about that German team a bit, you should probably know that Eilts was one of the players of the tournament at Euro 96. He won everything in midfield and dropped back every time Sammer roamed forward. Basically Sammer and Moller couldn’t have been who they were without Eilts in there.

He might not have been a “good” player, but tactically he was excellent.

Not sure it'll catch on with England fans. At least the guy in the blue hoodie and beige kecks has the good sense to keep his hood up and his head down.

[YouTube]

[/YouTube]

And then we have The Chubby Hamster King. Sorry, but I don't know how to embed Vimeo.

https://player.vimeo.com/video/233912040"

And lastly, how any socially retarded cockwomble with a camera can now make their inadequacy heard.

http://dai.ly/x1twh0p

8f0ef84c876649fed5ba0a27e6e3bc04.jpg

• Upvote 1

For someone who bangs on about that German team a bit, you should probably know that Eilts was one of the players of the tournament at Euro 96. He won everything in midfield and dropped back every time Sammer roamed forward. Basically Sammer and Moller couldn’t have been who they were without Eilts in there.

He might not have been a “good” player, but tactically he was excellent.

I’m sure he was important, but I just don’t remember him enough as a player. I never really watched him outside of the national team either. Didi and Jeremies had replaced him by the next big tournament France 98.