You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Cricket Thread

A_S

Guest Pistonbroke

That win predictor still has the Aussies at 56%. Hahaha, runs on the board are good, but not when your opponents are 82/0 off 9.2 overs. 

Aussies spunk their review due to desperation now. 

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Captain Howdy said:

Extremely unlikeable chap isn’t he?

Yep. Plus he's back in the commentary box for a full stint with Clarke. Pair of miserable fuckers now, they were chirpy as fuck an hour ago...hang on, Starc gets a wicket, they'll be up their own arses in 3...2...1...

Guest Pistonbroke

I see the other game between SA and Afghanistan has been rain affected for long periods already. Afghans 69/2 off 20 overs so far. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Captain Howdy said:

I know you boys live abroad what are you watching the game on?

Joker live stream. Sky/DAZN which are the paid services I use don't show any Cricket unfortunately. Get free to air UK TV via the various players using a paid VPN.

Guest Pistonbroke
8 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Unfortunately I part the cheeks for Uncle Rupert, clueless with computers but can’t do without the sport

Yeah, I never used Sky Germany myself. But DAZN lost the latest fight to show PL games to Sky for the next two seasons. I was just going to go back to streaming but Sky had an offer of The Entertainment package including Netflix (they basically pay your netflix subs for the 12 months) plus the sport package for 22.49€ a month, free receiver, card activation and postage. Plus it's only a 12 month subscription so I'll bin it after that and choose a different offer or get the missus/eldest son to do one. Streams are hit and miss with a certain popular sport plus the kids love watching us on the big TV with me. Another bonus is living in Germany DAZN did/and sky will show just about every Liverpool game due to the Klopp connection. 

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Captain Howdy said:

Taking some chances here SL

Pressure due to the Aussies slowing the RR down, although they are still Ok running along at 4-5 an over for the time being. Aussies will have to fit in more overs from their weaker bowlers soon. Good game to watch, maybe's not so good to listen to due to certain commentators. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Balls, not a great time to lose your second wicket. Daft shot to try to a ball cramping you for space but no danger to the stumps. 

1 hour ago, Pistonbroke said:

India v Pakistan at Old Trafford tomorrow. The weather doesn't look promising for the afternoon. It would be a shame if they couldn't get a full game in, one of the more colourful clashes in Cricket. 

Watched India play Pakistan at the County Ground years ago. 

Was the greatest atmosphere I’ve ever experienced at a match, easily better than even an Ashes test match. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, lifetime fan said:

Watched India play Pakistan at the County Ground years ago. 

Was the greatest atmosphere I’ve ever experienced at a match, easily better than even an Ashes test match. 

I can imagine, fanatical fans when it comes to Cricket, even more so against each other. I remember watching one on TV which was in India, think it was Kalkutta and it was absolutely rocking one minute then you could hear a pin drop the next if a wicket fell. I'd absolutely love to attend a live game between them both.