Quantcast
The New Cricket Thread - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
A_S

The New Cricket Thread

A massive couple of years of cricket coming up (especially for England and Australia), starting tonight with the Champions Trophy. In that period, there will also be an Ashes series in both England and Australia, a T20 World Cup in South Africa in 2018 and also a World Cup in England in 2019. From an Aussie perspective, early next year sees us play South Africa away for the first time in a series with more than 4 Tests since 1970! 

Can't fucking wait. 

Boxing Day in the Long Room - carvery lunch in the mezzanine for my birthday - table for one.  

Lovely jubbly.

• Upvote 2

Boxing Day in the Long Room - carvery lunch in the mezzanine for my birthday - table for one.  

Lovely jubbly.

Sorry mate, but you might have to pack that shit in if John Buchanan has his way! 

Seriously though, you remind me of this every year and I never stop getting jealous haha

• Upvote 1

Sorry mate, but you might have to pack that shit in if John Buchanan has his way! 

Seriously though, you remind me of this every year and I never stop getting jealous haha

What's Buchanan crapping on about?

What's Buchanan crapping on about?

He wants both the Boxing Day Test and New Year's Test to be scrapped so that there is a better flow to the schedule, ie a solid block of Big Bash where all internationals are available. He also thinks that playing fewer Tests per summer will increase the premium on such matches. 

Time to put the senile old cunt in a home. FFS. 

• Upvote 1

He wants both the Boxing Day Test and New Year's Test to be scrapped so that there is a better flow to the schedule, ie a solid block of Big Bash where all internationals are available. He also thinks that playing fewer Tests per summer will increase the premium on such matches. 

Time to put the senile old cunt in a home. FFS. 

It's amazing what you'll say when you're no longer on the take for doing nothing. 

I would've looked like a genius "coaching" McGrath, Warne, Waugh etc... world's jammiest, easiest job Buchanan had.

The fuck.

The Boxing Day test is ace.

It was only Buchanan that said it.

In Buchanan's case... I agree, just this once, with Ian Chappell (on Test Cricket coaches):  "The only coach should be the vehicle that takes you to the ground".

What the fuck is Bayliss up to picking players he knows are injured.

David Willey sat there now doing fuck all.

I don't rate Bayliss at all, he's a wage thief.

"ahh look, i just let the players get on with it really"*

*That'll be £300k pa please.

5 seamers (one injured) all with the same action.

The leggy and the left arm swing bowler sat in the hutch.

England should still win this but we are a poorly run side at times.

No way Bairstow sits out these games either. Ridiculous. Best player in the country currently.

Can't remember which series it was when Farbrace was 'caretaker' but we were phenomenal. 

I know the series you mean. He'd just been dropped in there after the world cup humiliation. It was crystal clear that England had to adapt to the new world of white ball cricket or die.

So whoever came in to the job had a blank cheque.

I've yet to see Bayliss offer even a hint of insight or a reason why he was given the job.

We had our guy, and we hired another one. I don't trust the bloke. Never have.

Can't remember which series it was when Farbrace was 'caretaker' but we were phenomenal. 

New Zealand it was, we scored over 400 in one match.

I put £20 on the Aussies to win this tournament before England's recent little wobble. I just think England won't be able to handle the pressure and backed the Aussies in English conditions over India.

New Zealand it was, we scored over 400 in one match.

I put £20 on the Aussies to win this tournament before England's recent little wobble. I just think England won't be able to handle the pressure and backed the Aussies in English conditions over India.

I know the series you mean. He'd just been dropped in there after the world cup humiliation. It was crystal clear that England had to adapt to the new world of white ball cricket or die.

So whoever came in to the job had a blank cheque.

I've yet to see Bayliss offer even a hint of insight or a reason why he was given the job.

We had our guy, and we hired another one. I don't trust the bloke. Never have.

Yep, that was it.

I've been dipping in and out of this. Missed the last ten overs but thought Bangladesh would have piled a few more on with so many wickets in hand.

Luckily for England they tailed off badly.

England should still win comfortably but they could have put a lot more pressure on us.

Good batting performance, but we did make that too easy on them at times. Looks like lots of cloud cover heading this way, so it might be a bit tricky getting through the first few overs. Should still win this comfortably, but the bowling wasn't up to the required standard. A better batting team would have really punished us in those last ten overs with so many wickets in hand.

Loads of Bangladeshi lads around this part of the ground, so it's raucous and a good laugh.