You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Paul Stewart - abused by football coach

HolyHank

Are other countries riddled with paedos like the UK is? Seems they're FUCKIN everywhere over here. They need to step that yewtree up cos that Cliff Richard is defo a nonce and turn over that Houses of Parliament - those CUNTS do what they want. Maybe one for the GF

Thailand and Cambodia are but the majority of their paedos are imported from Europe.

Vlad, genuine question: Given the time scale quoted by the people who have come forward and your own experience as a coach at the time, wasn't this fucker ever called to account and given a good hiding by a colleague in the game or a family member of one of the victims?

Sorry,I haven't replied sooner.

Good question. As others have subsequently added Dario Grady was rumoured to be involved too and this fella was pretty close to him I gather and rumours were all I heard,but from several different coaches though. When something like this happens and over such a period I believe there was/is a conspiracy of silence. Crewe have also had an excellent reputation from a coaching standpoint so coaches would have to watch their step if shouting out uncorroborated allegations.

I'm pretty sure the Crewe,I also heard that this fella might have been involved at Man City(not certain though),situation was one of a few which made the FA invest more time in child safety and enforce the CRB checks, now commonplace,onto coaches.

Guest Pistonbroke

Uh oh...

Football sex abuse: Crewe 'knew of claims against Barry Bennell'

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-38113288

"Senior officials said they thought of sacking Bennell but thought there was not enough evidence." 

Fucking hell, they should all be charged for failing to hand it over to the authorities for a proper investigation. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Greater Manchester Police has just announced it is to launch an investigation into historical sexual abuse in the youth system in greater Manchester.

It's going to end up Nationwide mate, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they find links to Saville, Government and the Police Force themselves. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Likewise mate, it seems like it's fuckin endemic throughout society. It'll either get blown wide open or swept under the rug.

It makes you wonder if we have all walked through life with our eyes closed because we just weren't affected ourselves mate. This won't be the last scandal either, more and more people who have been sexually abused over the years will gain the strength to come forward. 

I seriously hope they don't just try to sweep it under the rug. The cunts who put young and vulnerable people through this need to be brought to justice and pay for their disgusting perverted sickness. 

It makes you wonder if we have all walked through life with our eyes closed because we just weren't affected ourselves mate. This won't be the last scandal either, more and more people who have been sexually abused over the years will gain the strength to come forward.

I seriously hope they don't just try to sweep it under the rug. The cunts who put young and vulnerable people through this need to be brought to justice and pay for their disgusting perverted sickness.

Swimming and gymnastics will be next.

Coaches giving young girls the pill to delay puberty? As well as the bullying from coaches that's already come to light I'd guarantee there's been a load of widespread sexual abuse too.

Society was much more insular even 20 years ago. No social media , no internet and a general ignorance of warning signs of abuse, Children were not believed and a lot more wary of challenging adults in authority. When I went to school back in the mists of time there was an old teacher that was widely known for grooming some boys and inviting them to go to his home, He "retired" early but no prosecution or scandal, Another fella had a habit of walking around the class touching boys on their knees and thighs, He disappeared rather suddenly too. Abuse was just hushed up in all institutions and you never heard of it going on in the home, Different world  

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Swimming and gymnastics will be next.

I hope not Col, but because it din't happen. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest though if many other sports which have access to children are brought into the limelight. 

The only good thing to come out of that cunt Saville, is that due to the high profile and the extent of the ensuing investigations it has given others the strength to come forward. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Society was much more insular even 20 years ago. No social media , no internet and a general ignorance of warning signs of abuse, Children were not believed and a lot more wary of challenging adults in authority. When I went to school back in the mists of time there was an old teacher that was widely known for grooming some boys and inviting them to go to his home, He "retired" early but no prosecution or scandal, Another fella had a habit of walking around the class touching boys on their knees and thighs, He disappeared rather suddenly too. Abuse was just hushed up in all institutions and you never heard of it going on in the home, Different world  

I get that mate, I was brought up as a kid in the 60's and 70's myself. It is just the sheer scale of things. 

I get that mate, I was brought up as a kid in the 60's and 70's myself. It is just the sheer scale of things. 

Oh definitely , Abusing kids was something that just went unpunished. Weirdos hanging round playgrounds and schools were part of the scene. My Uncle caught some fella in his 20;s getting touchy feely with my cousin , she was about 12 at the time , Me and my brother had gone to fetch him as this cunt was getting really aggressive, Fucking hell did he give that lad a shoeing. I was 9 or something and that was a real awakening as far as nonces were concerned 

Guest Pistonbroke

Oh definitely , Abusing kids was something that just went unpunished. Weirdos hanging round playgrounds and schools were part of the scene. My Uncle caught some fella in his 20;s getting touchy feely with my cousin , she was about 12 at the time , Me and my brother had gone to fetch him as this cunt was getting really aggressive, Fucking hell did he give that lad a shoeing. I was 9 or something and that was a real awakening as far as nonces were concerned 

We had a weirdo who used to walk around our town when I was a kid too. I was one of 4 brothers and we generally knocked about together and also with another family of 4 lads so I'm guessing we weren't easy pickings for a perv. Having said that the rumours about him might have been a load of shit made up by adults due to the fact he was weird. 

We had a weirdo who used to walk around our town when I was a kid too. I was one of 4 brothers and we generally knocked about together and also with another family of 4 lads so I'm guessing we weren't easy pickings for a perv. Having said that the rumours about him might have been a load of shit made up by adults due to the fact he was weird. 

Yeh loads of rumours about anyone slight odd and constant dire warning from parents about engaging with strangers. I wouldn't turn the clock back