You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loris Karius

Captain

Like Mignolet and Lovren, he's not good enough but the fans are brainwashed into believing we can buy anyone just choose not too based on press briefings I guess, it sure as hell isn't based on any transfers that's ever happened under these owners.

Best fans in the world.

Maybe he should move on for his own sake because Kopites are gobshites.

Mate, it's got nothing to do with best fans in the world. Our fans aren't going to be the problem here. It's opposition fans and, by the looks of it, opposition players and the media.

A few of us warned that he was going to be under pressure from day one, but even I didn't think it'd start in a pre-season friendly, yet it has.

He's going to have opposition fans taking the piss in the stadium and on social media. He's going to have opposition players saying things to him to unsettle him on the pitch. And the media are clearly going to be all over every mistake, even in an innocuous friendly.

If I thought he was mentally able to cope with it I'd say give him a chance. But I don't think he is. Quite the opposite. Swapping him out isn't being mean, it's a kindness. It's sparing him the abuse and humiliation.

• Upvote 4

He's like Rodgers after that humiliating 6-1 Stoke beating.

A dead man walking.

Just put him out of his misery.

Thankfully we've still got a almost a month to sign a top keeper.

Just thought I'd tidy it up a bit.

If Klopp is gonna stick with him the Karius is going to have to grow a very thick skin. Our fans can back him as much as they want, sing his name as much as they want but you can rest assured that opposition fans will be on his back from the first minute and opposition players will be in his face at every opportunity.

He needs to move on for the sake of his career and his mental health.

First I’m hearing about this. What happened?

Fuck all.

Several of our players made errors in an early pre-season match. Some of the errors led to goals. One of them was made by a bloke whose every fart is going to be pounced on by people who long ago decided he was shite (even when he was playing well) as proof that he needs to be tied in a bag and dropped in the canal.

I've got a horrible feeling Jurgen will stick with him, and around September he'll parry a ball that will cost a goal, the fans will let their feelings be known and Jurgen will publicly lambast the supporters, blaming us for Karius losing confidence.

That seems plausible.

Right now, Klopp has three goalkeepers and the option to sign a new one. If he sticks with Karius, it will be because he's seen enough (through working with him every day) to give him confidence that that's the right decision for the team.

If "the best supporters in the world" decide to line up with the Bloos and Wools who we know are just itching to give Karius dog's abuse, then Klopp would be absolutely right to call them cunts.

• Upvote 1

That seems plausible.

Right now, Klopp has three goalkeepers and the option to sign a new one. If he sticks with Karius, it will be because he's seen enough (through working with him every day) to give him confidence that that's the right decision for the team.

If "the best supporters in the world" decide to line up with the Bloos and Wools who we know are just itching to give Karius dog's abuse, then Klopp would be absolutely right to call them cunts.

"The best supporters in the world" can see the man is a liability. If he's not replaced by the start of the season we are in serious trouble.

Every team we face will have pot shots from 30 yards out every chance they get because they know there's a better than decent chance Karius will drop the ball. Each mistake he makes will affect the defence as well. Silly mistakes will creep in because they will be so concerned about exposing him.

• Upvote 2

Is there a "better than decent chance"? Really?

He's done it once in a competitive match and once in a pre-season friendly. I'll bet a pound to a pinch of shit that the same could be said of Allison, Oblak, Neuer, De Gea, etc.

People here are carrying on as if those two errors in the Champions League final are typical of what we see 10 times in every game. That's just nonsense.

It's a big ask for him to be able to come back, psychologically, from those CL errors. Maybe he will be able to do it; maybe he won't. Klopp will know better than anyone round here what Karius's chances are. It just sticks in my craw to see people round here piling into the lad, refusing to give him a chance and willing him to fail. It's the exact opposite of what supporters do.

• Upvote 3

He's fuckin shite.

If I was as bad at my job as he is I'd be fucked out long ago.

I genuinely feel sorry for the bloke, but that's not going to change the fact that he shouldn't be playing in goal for us.

All the support in the world isn't going to make him a better keeper.

• Upvote 2