You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Paris shootings

Lee909

Just now, Rico1304 said:

It’s absolutely a middle class thing.  It’s easier for middle class Labour voters to wave a Palestinian flag than sympathise with poor people in the U.K.  obviously ignoring the genocidal aspects of the Palestinian leaders is quite easy too. Apparently. 

I'd say t has it's origins in the Left, but there is a lot of progressive middle class people who are broadly on the Left now, many come from working class background and have retained the values but are basically middle class, with working class increasingly turning to various populist optinios now. Maybe more on the continent than in the UK, but I'd say it is also a trend in Britain, why the Red Wall collapsed etc.

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

That whole post is absolute bollocks mate 

All opinions.  

Have look through this forum and see the contempt for poor people who don’t think the ‘right’ way.  Israel and Palestine’s conflict is tiny compared to any of the other conflicts that have been going on for decades - or new ones that have been more murderous.  

Just now, Rico1304 said:

Wrong Muslims. Not brown enough. 

I think you need to look at who are carrying out the atrocities. If they are white then its full on and marches, badges, flags etc, if any other colour its "yeah they're cunts" and move on. Its a form of racism, we expect better of white people but brown people well they're being brown people.

I don't think you can exclusively highlight "the left" allegedly not giving a shit about the Uighur situation in China, particularly based on the posts on here. 

The thread on Uighur internment camps has about 90 posts, runs to 4 pages and hasn't been posted in for about 7 to 8 months. 

It appears that the plight of the Uighurs is largely being ignored by the whole of the political spectrum, apart from when it's a useful tool to use to try and "own the libs" or to make lazy, boring implications regarding the Israel/Palestine situation. 

7 minutes ago, A Red said:

I think you need to look at who are carrying out the atrocities. If they are white then its full on and marches, badges, flags etc, if any other colour its "yeah they're cunts" and move on. Its a form of racism, we expect better of white people but brown people well they're being brown people.

I think there's a bit more to it than that but there are clearly double standards at play.

8 minutes ago, A Red said:

Soft bigotry of low expectations 

3 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I don't think you can exclusively highlight "the left" allegedly not giving a shit about the Uighur situation in China, particularly based on the posts on here. 

The thread on Uighur internment camps has about 90 posts, runs to 4 pages and hasn't been posted in for about 7 to 8 months. 

It appears that the plight of the Uighurs is largely being ignored by the whole of the political spectrum, apart from when it's a useful tool to use to try and "own the libs" or to make lazy, boring implications regarding the Israel/Palestine situation. 

You mean people post their views, there’s no reaction so the thread dries up? 

But mention Israel and you’re guaranteed reps and back slapping. 

Edit: or you guys really care about the Palestinians but everyone else doesn’t care about the Uighurs? 

5 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

You mean people post their views, there’s no reaction so the thread dries up? 

But mention Israel and you’re guaranteed reps and back slapping. 

Nope. If I'd have meant that I'd have said that. The Uighur situation is an ongoing situation. There's loads of articles and commentary about it. Why aren't people even posting interesting links? Why is the absence of posting about the Uighur situation only being highlighted with reference to the left? Because righties are indulging in typical "whataboutery," using their plight to try to attack "the left" which seems to be their main concern, rather than their faux, intermittent and transparent "concern" for the plight of those people. 

7 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Tory mp's have been sanctioned by China for raising it. Where are the left? I dont mean you

1 minute ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Nope. If I'd have meant that I'd have said that. The Uighur situation is an ongoing situation. There's loads of articles and commentary about it. Why aren't people even posting interesting links? Why is the absence of posting about the Uighur situation only bring highlighted with reference to the left? Because righties are using their plight to try to attack "the left" which seems to be their main concern, rather than their faux, intermittent and transparent "concern" for the plight of those people. 

You mean like posting links to the petition, encouraging people to sign it and talking about it being debated in Parliament. That type of shit? Fuck. I mean.  

8 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Nope. If I'd have meant that I'd have said that. The Uighur situation is an ongoing situation. There's loads of articles and commentary about it. Why aren't people even posting interesting links? Why is the absence of posting about the Uighur situation only being highlighted with reference to the left? Because righties are indulging in typical "whataboutery," using their plight to try to attack "the left" which seems to be their main concern, rather than their faux, intermittent and transparent "concern" for the plight of those people. 

Why haven’t you posted all these articles and commentary? 

You are attaching motive, but not accepting any. 

Whales and dolphins are killed in their millions, I'd like to read what their representatives have to say on the matter.

Thoroughly entertaining, this. I'm not even joking.

6 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Okay. We'll take that to mean that you can't provide any evidence other than your own illogical jump from A to B. 

Thanks. 

Stop it. I'm not digging at you, i'm just pointing out, I admit randomly, that Tory mp's were sanctioned by China for protesting about the treatment of Uighurs and no mention of Labour mp's. 

8 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I mean you’ve been all over that thread, posting left, right and...oh. Sorry. 

useful idiot. 

Christ. 

No. I haven't. And neither have the people who are saying that "the left" don't care about what's happening in China either. That's the whole point. The right being hypocritical bellends. Again. 

16 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Whales and dolphins are killed in their millions, I'd like to read what their representatives have to say on the matter.

Thoroughly entertaining, this. I'm not even joking.

About 300.000 each year. 

Just now, Nelly-Torres said:

And, just a hunch, maybe more people will go on about the China/Uighur situation if, like other atrocities, it continues for 60 odd years or so?

Oh right, you aren’t an early adopter.  Don’t want to be seen as following fashion do we? 

You start by saying people aren’t doing enough to bring attention to this atrocity, then end by saying it hasn’t been going long enough to attract attention. 

You really are a fucking moron.