You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Qatar World Cup decision could be based on backhanders claims shocking report

Section_31

Did Qatar move to Africa? What have I missed?

Seriously though, for fucks sake don't point out how fucking bent and corrupt African countries in general are, because its all racist and that. It doesn't matter that the vast majority of people on that continent live in abject poverty while around 0.001% of the population are wiping their arses on fifty pound notes and driving about in chauffeur driven Rollers.

There's no corruption in Africa, as this current league table from Nigeria demonstrates. It's been the same every year for at least the last 10 years, but any century now, I'm sure they'll do something about it.

Capture_zpsc743ec42.jpg

Away wins are really tough to come by. I'm sure there's a perfectly logical explanation why you score over a goal a game at home, but can't score a single goal away in 9 games like Kaduna have managed. Maybe it's because, as one Nigerian football fan put it, "the teams are evenly matched".

Where's CardinalX? He's from Nigeria. Maybe he could give us some insight as to potential corruption in Nigerian football.

I'm working on the broad assumption that he's a lying cunt who's probably based in Ipswich or similar, and will only bring more blatant twattery to the discussion.

By all means await his arrival though.

Guest davelfc

Read Blatter's racism quotes yesterday and I couldn't quite believe what I was reading. It's fucking ridiculous. 

The sooner him and the other bent fucks at FIFA are arrested and jailed the better. Corrupt fucks. 

Read Blatter's racism quotes yesterday and I couldn't quite believe what I was reading. It's fucking ridiculous. 

The sooner him and the other bent fucks at FIFA are arrested and jailed the better. Corrupt fucks. 

I know ,its ludicrous. Appears he is going to resist the re-vote on Qatar which even by Blatter's abysmal standards is going to take some serious whitewashing. I know some on here think he is untouchable but Andrew Jennings was on the radio last week and was very interesting. As most people know he's been investigating FIFA for years and written several books and done a couple of Panorama programmes on the subject of their corruption . He didn't think we would be off to Qatar in 2022 and nor do I .

Provided Blatter hasn't broken the law himself, and he was against Bin Hammam and Qatar originally, he can't be touched by anyone outside FIFA. However by playing the race card with Africa and protecting the Qatar World Cup, he will secure two regions of votes to keep him in power.

The cunt knows exactly what he is doing

Blatter is a dead man walking.

He will rally support in the other confederations, but UEFA are turning on him.

The hope will be that in him going, it will reduce the attention on others. There will be plenty of skeletons in the cupboard for many people, and Blatter clinging on is likely to end up with more scrutiny and more people going down with him.

They'll shove him overboard, and not before time.

It must be panic stations in UEFA right now. British Press sniffing again, now the FBI, and the mess of Qatar still to deal with. Not to mention there'll be a few folks fancying a power play in any void left by blatter. I'm not sure Platini is a shoe in.

• Upvote 1

Provided Blatter hasn't broken the law himself, and he was against Bin Hammam and Qatar originally, he can't be touched by anyone outside FIFA. However by playing the race card with Africa and protecting the Qatar World Cup, he will secure two regions of votes to keep him in power.

The cunt knows exactly what he is doing

It's politics though isn't it. They'll turn on him. The whole organisation is so troubled (at best) or corrupt (at worst) than in order to save themselves, the others will kill the king (Blatter).

There comes a point when all that Blatter could offer them is outweighed by the attention that Blatter is bringing on the entire outfit, and a fair few of them will have skeletons in the cupboard. Their only fear in deposing him must be who else he brings down with him, but still, they must also be thinking 'we are ALL going down with him unless he goes'.

They'll cut a deal with him.... to go at the end of his current 4 year stint, or be pushed.

• Upvote 1

Blatter is a dead man walking.

He will rally support in the other confederations, but UEFA are turning on him.

The hope will be that in him going, it will reduce the attention on others. There will be plenty of skeletons in the cupboard for many people, and Blatter clinging on is likely to end up with more scrutiny and more people going down with him.

They'll shove him overboard, and not before time.

It must be panic stations in UEFA right now. British Press sniffing again, now the FBI, and the mess of Qatar still to deal with. Not to mention there'll be a few folks fancying a power play in any void left by blatter. I'm not sure Platini is a shoe in.

Doesn't need UEFA to retain the presidency does he?

Doesn't need UEFA to retain the presidency does he?

I don't think so (assuming they all get an equal vote, but not certain), but UEFA are clearly the big boys and if they sanction his exit, it will happen, I'm sure of it.

I might be doing down some of the other confederations, but I think UEFA can probably twist a few arms if they need to.

I suspect he has a few allies in UEFA too, but I can't see them wanting to get further drawn into deeper and deeper scrutiny - there's just too many skeletons all over the place (just my opinion!) - he's bringing too much attention to everybody, and none of it is good.

Still, to be fair to him, I did like his proposals on women's football needing tighter outfits.

• Upvote 1

The likes of Adidas will want him gone, because sooner or later, they know the press will turn their attentions on the wider world of FIFA and sponsorship and partners etc. Partners like Adidas are have influence on the governing body, whilst also having a share in Bayern etc.

Sooner or later the press will question the conflict of interest (rightly or wrongly). Emirates is another one. They are a partner and have a vested interest in the success of some clubs. Whether you believe there's any real danger there is your own call, but the press will make it look pretty convincing once they set their sights on this angle... which can only drive down the cost of sponsorship / partnership and affect FIFA's revenues, let alone the actual companies involved.

That's why Blatter's a boil they need to lance, and they will.

• Upvote 1

Agree with all of that FC. I hadn't seen until 5 mins ago that Dyke and Gill have publically gone to town on FIFA. I didn't know much about what Blatter had said as I tend to generally bypass the worthless shite that dribbles out of his clearly corrupt wordbox. But that racism allegation is likely to be the last bullet required to have a fully loaded pistol which should finally put him out of his scarcely pointless existence. He is slowly choking the world super power that is football, and I hope enough people who can expose him, will finally do the right thing.

Much like Mourinho is to our game, Blatter is nothing but a skidmark on its underpants. Hopefully the next few months will see both organisations finally go to the laundrette.

• Upvote 1