You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adam Lallana

WhiskeyJar

Same here. An ok player that will add to the squad with little chance of stinking the place out. 

Can see that fee coming up time and time again.  Kind of expect more than ok for that money.

Well, he's better than 'ok', so job done.

Just wait. You just wait.

As usual, this will become less about Lallana and more about who can be proved right on the internet.  I'm welcoming the lad.  I hope he's a fantastic success at the club, and I hope he contributes to a winning season for us.  If he disappoints, then I expect there'll be usual clamour of chaps on here to remind us that they told us so.  

Come on Adam.  Come on Liverpool.

• Upvote 7

Can't say that FSG isn't backing the manager on one hand, then turn around piss and moan about the fee, given they have pulled the plug on relatively minimal amounts on previous deals. To me, it says Brendan REALLY wants this guy at the club. Given his ability to get the best out of his players in his short time at the club, him getting his main transfer target and getting to work with him bodes well for the upcoming season.

• Upvote 2

I don't think he gets in our best XI.  Will improve the squad, but for £25 million, I'd actually like someone who would improve our first XI.  Is he better than Coutinho?  Not for me.  He'll offer competition and depth, which I guess is all our attack needs.  I think he'll be a decent - good signing, not a great one.

Rodgers is always saying how he wants hungry players with a willingness to improve and I think Lallana fits the bill. I think there's another level to him yet and hopefully we'll see him reach it. I think he's going to be a very good player for us. 

I remember watching Downing and Johnson for Boro when they were first coming onto the scene and remember thinking they were both going to be great players if a quality manager got hold of them. Instead they went backwards and Downing in particular seemed to become a massive fanny who found his level at Villa while Johnson believe his own hype and seemed to learn nothing after moving to City. The only thing Lallana has in common with these two wasters is his nationality, you can tell his head is on right.

Yeah, Lallana may or may not be good enough for the level we ultimately want to get to, but he's never the coward Downing proved to be.

Don't think you'll see him repeatedly trying to offload responsibility of the ball back to an 18 year old who's just made his debut, as The Shusher did with Wisdom.

Southampton were absolutely, steadfastly, unconditionally, categorically, not budging from their valuation of £30m.  People were saying “Why do we fuck about.  If we want a player just pay the fucking price and get him – Ian Ayre is fucking useless”.  So the fact we’ve got him for £7m less then the selling club wanted; does Ayre get credit for that, or is it ignored and we’ll just call him a prick for not having the Sanchez deal done yet?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Southampton were absolutely, steadfastly, unconditionally, categorically, not budging from their valuation of £30m.  People were saying “Why do we fuck about.  If we want a player just pay the fucking price and get him – Ian Ayre is fucking useless”.  So the fact we’ve got him for £7m less then the selling club wanted; does Ayre get credit for that, or is it ignored and we’ll just call him a prick for not having the Sanchez deal done yet?

Does Dolly Parton...mime at Glastonbury?

As usual, this will become less about Lallana and more about who can be proved right on the internet.  I'm welcoming the lad.  I hope he's a fantastic success at the club, and I hope he contributes to a winning season for us.  If he disappoints, then I expect there'll be usual clamour of chaps on here to remind us that they told us so.  

Come on Adam.  Come on Liverpool.

At which point you could come on and tell us you said they'd come on and tell us they told us so.

Yes, I remember reading loads of people on here absolutely desperate for the club to pay £30m for Lallana.

• Upvote 1

How is it that people complain about the fee for Lallana who was consistently good last season & yet,no one sniffs at the 25m fee we're rumoured to be willing to pay for Markovic, who I seen more than once last season & wasn't particularly impressed.

Mainly because Markovic is highly rated by all the experts who seem to think he can go on to be world class.