You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adam Lallana

WhiskeyJar

Liverpool FEAR Manchester United will hijack move for Southampton star Adam Lallana

LIVERPOOL are hoping to clinch a deal for Adam Lallana soon as they fear Manchester United will hijack their interest.

The Reds have been linked with a £20million bid for the Southampton ace who has been a standout performer in the Premier League this season.

Roy Hodgson has urged clubs to get their business done soon, so as not to distract the players during the World Cup.

Indeed, Liverpool are looking to offload as many as 12 players during the summer as they seek to strengthen a squad that will make them good enough to compete in the Champions League.

However, fresh reports suggest that while Liverpool are confident of wrapping up a deal, they fear United may steal him from under their noses.

This stems from the fact that Liverpool have seen deals fall through for the likes of Gylfi Sigurdsson, Willian and Yevhen Konoplyanka in recent years.

United have offered £27m for Lallana's team-mate Luke Shaw, but it remains to be seen whether the bid will be accepted.

I can understand the mancs being competitive for transfers simply because they can ultimately offer more and pay bigger wages if they want to. In footballing terms with champions league football we're the more attractive proposition. In fact I'm rather counting on them to overpay as they don't have a bottomless pit of money.

What will piss me off is if we cannot at least compete with Spurs in the transfer market, there will be something seriously wrong then.

There's probably some truth in it as Southampton try and ramp up the price.

I would say at Lallana's age he should be aiming for CL now not another  year of domestic football with quite possibly nothing at the end of it . If he has so little ambition as to take the Mancs money then fuck him. A bullet dodged.

Love rat swoops imminently from steamy romp in love nest to avoid hijack.

Sources say.

Paving the way for a sensational come-and-get-me plea, a prohibitive price being slapped on by way of a hands-off warning, a snag, two stumbling blocks and a transfer raid.