You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adam Lallana

WhiskeyJar

If Trucker Paddy thinks hes shit then thats a ringing endorsement, that bloke is always wrong.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. He's overpriced at the fees quoted 25, 26, 30 million, whatever the fuck it is. Its roughly double what he's worth.

Lallana talent + Captain tax + English tax + Premier League tax + flavour of the month tax + hipster hair tax + Ian Ayre shit-twat negotiator tax = £30 million.

Take out all the peripheral shit and he's worth so much less. It would be a complete joke of a transfer. Not only because he's overpriced, but our rivals can always beat us in the expensive signings game. Chelsea have already demonstrated that with signing Fabregas. They already bought somebody for similar money who's clearly better than him. That's not what we should be doing. With limited funds you can't outspend anybody, you go for value. FSG had it right when they suggested that's what we'd be doing. Instead, this Lallana stuff comes up and it's potentially the same old shit again.

• Upvote 4

So Southampton supposedly played the waiting game in case Lallana sets the World Cup alight with his mesmerising Pelesque skills. Turns out it didn't work, the real Lallana showed up who is half the player compare to Greece's Kone.

If Lallana worths £30m, then what the hell should Fiorentina ask for Cuadrado? £500m? £1bn?

So Southampton supposedly played the waiting game in case Lallana sets the World Cup alight with his mesmerising Pelesque skills. Turns out it didn't work, the real Lallana showed up who is half the player compare to Greece's Kone.

If Lallana worths £30m, then what the hell should Fiorentina ask for Cuadrado? £500m? £1bn?

How big is Lallana's penis, the siren of sausage, the mogul of meat, the don of dongs?

A nation holds it's breath.

In defence of Lallana the reports are that England's two best players in training have been Sterling and Lallana. Sterling got rewarded by being shunted out for Rooney whilst Lallana's reward was having Leighton Baines bounce a ball full force into his face from a simple throw in.

He is not a bad player. I'm just saying £30m is a total joke. How can you justify this price tag. You simply can't.

In regards to his penis size, I'd expect it to be average to long. It's common knowledge  that lean or slim men tend to have much bigger penises than muscular or fat ones (e.g. Rooney, Barkley etc...).

The worst thing about this transfer is that it's so easy to see it all coming.  The creep in the transfer fee we're all whinging about has been nothing short of astounding: at the beginning we were all saying "Well, he's worth £15 million maybe but I certainly wouldn't pay £20m."  Then after a few weeks it was "I certainly wouldn't pay the £25 million, that's too much."  Now the figure people bring up to complain is £30 million.

You can see it coming a mile away: we're going to sign him for at least £24 million up front and £3-4 million in potential addons and we'll end up having been bent over by Southampton for exactly what they demanded at the beginning.  All because we made it so clear we were desperate for him - all our attempts at starting rumours about pursuit of potential "alternatives" have been transparent.

It's Joe Allen all over again.  Or Stewart Downing.  Or even Charlie Adam in a way.  It seems that whenever our managers get their hearts set on a player the selling team knows exactly what the situation is and takes advantage to extract the absolute maximum for him.  And part of me wants to keep Brendan happy and if Lallana is what it takes to do that, so be it, he's hardly a bad player.  I just wish we could figure out a way to complete these kinds of negotiations and still get a bit of value.

There is another way to look at this. Uncle Werther's Originals may pay back some of his obscene severance for his abortion here, with a Ratners-like effect on Lallana's valuation. Southampton are playing the fucking AIMs market if they're banking on him shining under the least wise owl on Planet Earth.

So that's the watch his value soar at the World Cup plan blown then.

Either agree a deal at a reasonable fee or move on by the end of next week, ideally.

I know, I know.