You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adam Lallana

WhiskeyJar

How the fuck do people like that end up being the boss?

I once had a boss who, in response to a belligerent customer, followed the matronly woman in question to the parking lot and when the shouting got out of hand, literally turned around and dropped his trousers and showed her his arse.

He was an unbelievably good salesman but a shocking sales manager.  I only worked there a few more weeks after that but I am fairly sure he wasn't sacked, either (the corporate office pretended it was his word against hers when she filed a complaint, never even interviewing the staff like me who saw it happen).

Mainly because Markovic is highly rated by all the experts who seem to think he can go on to be world class.

So is Jack Wilshere, so WAS Phil Jones I prefer to use my own eyes to form an opinion rather than what someone else is saying. If Markovic played in the Prem last season & got the same stats he managed at Benfica, we'd all be questioning the 25m transfer fee & we'd also know a lot more about him having watched him a lot more, so we would know loads more of his 'negatives'. Not knowing much about a player, bar a few Youtube videos & what some 'experts' say does not justify an inflated transfer fee.

Sordid? Grandpa?

There's plenty on here you could accuse of one or the other, and in some cases, both. I'm mercifully not guilty in either case.

I presumed Tom meant me, Stringy.

At least one of the bastards I indiscriminately sired in my teens are bound to have procreated themselves by now.

Given their extreme disadvantage in both nature and nurture, it's the shortest odds you'll get anywhere other than "Will Luis Suarez do something mindlessly rabid and selfishly fuck stupid next season, if he stays at LFC?"

that's pretty cool. I did do the Diiiiiiiiiiiixons thing once, but we were both drunk and she was in on the joke.

Whilst getting hammered at home with flatmates before going out in the late 90's, I once joked of sticking a set of red Baywatch style swimming shorts on under my jeans, and unveiling them in a "Lazar" style should I touch lucky, with the theme tune playing in the background.

7 or 8 hours later, bleary-eyed with your tongue glued to the roof of your mouth and a lethally fit young barmaid stripping in your room, having completely forgotten about being egged on to do it, you do look at such things with a fairly different perspective.

Particularly when she's giving you that "Who does this fucking idiot think he is?" look, when she sees them before you've remembered, and then you start fiddling for CD's and telling her to hang on a second.

She never came back round again.

Still, Adam Lallana eh, isn't it, wasn't it?

• Upvote 1

Whilst getting hammered at home with flatmates before going out in the late 90's, I once joked of sticking a set of red Baywatch style swimming shorts on under my jeans, and unveiling them in a "Lazar" style should I touch lucky, with the theme tune playing in the background.

7 or 8 hours later, bleary-eyed with your tongue glued to the roof of your mouth and a lethally fit young barmaid stripping in your room, having completely forgotten about being egged on to do it, you do look at such things with a fairly different perspective.

Particularly when she's giving you that "Who does this fucking idiot think he is?" look, when she sees them before you've remembered, and then you start fiddling for CD's and telling her to hang on a second.

She never came back round again.

Still, Adam Lallana eh, isn't it, wasn't it?

I chortled aloud at that post.

Not sure what people are basing the claim that Coutinho is better than Lallana on. He may go on to be but right now there's very little to back the claim up.

Because he's more skilful, better dribbler, more creative passer and has done it for Liverpool in big games already.  Plus has much more room to get even better what with being 5 years younger than Lallana.  He's also played in Italy and Spain.

Lallana might be a bit better at sprinting.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I rate Coutinho but doubt we'd be looking for a similar player had he been more consistent. The knock against him, starting in Brazil, was that he doesn't score enough goals. Sure he scored some massive ones for us but he did go missing quite a lot and got subbed for it. Competition will help everyone - I can see Coutinho more in our CL fixtures, for example.

I rate Coutinho but doubt we'd be looking for a similar player had he been more consistent. The knock against him, starting in Brazil, was that he doesn't score enough goals. Sure he scored some massive ones for us but he did go missing quite a lot and got subbed for it. Competition will help everyone - I can see Coutinho more in our CL fixtures, for example.

In their last 2 seasons Coutinho has 13 goals in 62 league games.  Lallana has 12 in 68.

I agree that Coutinho isn't as consistent as you'd like, but he will improve that I am sure.  His passing last season wasn't quite at the genius level of his first half season with us too.

Coutinho against Man City at home last year was an outstanding performance. 

I agree that he needs to be more consistent, but can become an incredible player. 

Spot on,last season we saw why we were able to get coutinho so cheap, he is very inconsistent and you can never be sure if hes going to turn up.

Strong competition from lallana should push coutinho on to do better and when hes having an off day we have another option.