You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Historical pictures

Sugar Ape

Participants of the 'Miss Lovely Eyes' contest, Florida, 1930s

zO4ORYa.jpg

Louis Armstrong plays for his wife in front of the Sphinx by the pyramids in Giza, 1961
4Qb9e.jpg

Mongolia - a woman sentenced to death by starvation

Albert-Kahn-A-Mongolian-woman-sentenced-

Head of the Statue Of Liberty, Paris 1878
BOzuXaHCQAADav3.jpg

Russian peasants getting electricity for the first time in 1920.
great-important-historical-photographs-3

Phillipe Coutinho deftly fires the winning goal, in a thrilling encounter with Manchester City in April of the 2013-2014 Premier League season. Liverpool won 3-2, to stay top of the league with just 4 matches to play. It was a closely contested season finale, with the Reds right in the mix.....

10253777_10200734385720535_1466045157302

• Downvote 8

historical-photos-pt4-beatles-muhammad-a
The Beatles meet Muhammad Ali.

historical-photos-pt5-arnold-schwarzeneg

Arnold Schwarzenegger on the day he received his American citizenship.

awesome_photos_collected_from_history_16

Fourteen year-old Osama bin Laden.  He's second from the right

awesome_photos_collected_from_history_15

A liberated Jew holds a Nazi at gunpoint.

historical-photos-pt6-porsche-vw-beetle-

Ferdinand Porsche (yes, THAT Porsche) showcasing the Volkswagen Beetle to Adolf Hitler in 1935.

awesome_photos_collected_from_history_11

Mount Rushmore as it appeared in its more natural state.

Tony Pond in one of the extremely fast Metro 6r4s, barrels towards spectators in the 1986 Tour de Course, some dont seem to be paying much attention.

To quote Michele Mouton "you have to think of them as soft trees" or words to that affect anyway.

I was trying to avoid motorsport pictures in here.

But fuck it. 

tumblr_m76014YR8V1qjy9yso2_r1_1280.jpg

Juha Kankkunen with Kilimanjaro in the background on the Safari Rally.

juan-manuel-fangio-with-1940-chevrolet-r

Juan Manuel Fangio with his home built Chevrolet which he did the old style South American road races in. 

• Upvote 1

Motorsport can make for great pictures.

7c2fFINISH_LM_88_zps8cf712b7.jpg

A british team win at the Le Mans 24 hours in 1988.

Brits pour onto the race track complete with Union jack flags to greet the winning Jaguars. The last british car to win before was Jaguar in 1956.

Petty shit thing to be the wizard of really. Not quite in the same ballpark as being a wizard of fire, ice or electricity is it?

"So how do you defeat your enemies?"

"I have to hope they're stood somewhere precarious then I fuck with their inner-ear".

• Upvote 3

Petty shit thing to be the wizard of really. Not quite in the same ballpark as being a wizard of fire, ice or electricity is it?

"So how do you defeat your enemies?"

"I have to hope they're stood somewhere precarious then I fuck with their inner-ear".

I'd agree if you were a superhero or something like that but if you're riding a 500cc motorbike with no brakes at 60 mph a few feet away from a solid wood safety fence then balance is the thing to be a wizard of.

• Upvote 1