You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

Just had a thought : isn't Pedro a lot like Sterling? I hope it doesn't cause his development any issues if he arrives anyway. What could happen is that they'll be rotated with each other over the course of the season maybe? Might not be so bad if that turns out to be the case.

In fact, Pedro could be absolutely perfect for Raheem to learn from.

But wow, Coutinho, Sterling, Suarez, Sturridge, and Pedro. Other teams would be having a fair amount of fear at that prospect, and we'd probably be seeing a crazy amount of goals.

We've got to change our mentality from the Dumb and Dumber ownership days and lack of Champions League. We're in the top competition, we almost won the most coveted league, and we play exhilarating football. Which attacker wouldn't want to play for us?

One who has always envisaged himself playing for one of the big clubs in Spain perhaps? I'd prepare myself if I was you.

A.Cole

Lovren

Lallana

Pedro

That would be an awesome window, Cole would come in at left back, Lovren can play for either Sakho or Skrtel. Lallana can play in Henderson or Coutinho's position, and Pedro can cover the left forward and right forward role. We'd win the league with them four. The only better option would be Moreno for Cole, but he's probably Madrid bound.

• Upvote 2

Pedro would be an amazing signing, adding him to our attack if we kept Suarez and Sturridge would be almost unreal. I think he's more direct than Sanchez though, and Sanchez is more of a complete player with more trickery, etc. Pedro would also be a decent bit faster though right? So that would also be great.

I'd be amazed if we signed him, not because I don't think we could, but simply because with him added to our attack if we kept our current main two as well, it'd just be devastating for other teams for the most part if the players clicked.

Seems like a big risk for Barca though, if they really are letting go of those three players. If Barca was the team I supported I'd be pretty badly pissed off anyway. The new manager must have his sights on a couple of the best players around though, looking forward to seeing what happens there if two or three of them are sold. That's unless he's wanting Luis to go there, and if that's case we should be looking at Sanchez instead really if it's still possible.

I don't think there is much in it. They're both pretty rapid.

I don't think there is much in it. They're both pretty rapid.

Yeah I thought he was a lot faster, then remembered that Sanchez is also quick so changed it to a "decent bit" instead of a lot I think!

I just hope we get this stuff sorted early anyway. The thought of just Pedro arriving but not being sure would be a bit mental to deal with until late in the window. Then there's whatever other deals we're trying to do. We seemed to get a lot sorted early last window though if I remember rightly, (my memory is really bad.) so maybe we'll do the same again.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

What about Snodgrass? Would probably be cheaper than Pedro as well.

Yeah, he 'probably' would be.

I'm clearly in the optimist camp as far as this summer is concerned, as I have previously said I would be banging on Dortmund's door prepared to spend half our summer budget or more on Reus.

Having said that, assuming Reus is not available for us, Pedro would be a great consolation.  Add in a good left back and a solid versatile central midfielder and I'd be happy if those were our only signings.  Obviously, I'd prefer a centre back and right back as well, but if we had to sacrifice those two (or try to fix those problems on the cheap) to afford Pedro I'd be OK with that.