You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez - if this show were a little shorter (perhaps 4 episodes instead of 6) this would probably get a 10/10. The subject matter deserves as much attention as it can get. A genuinely tough show to get through, it follows the case of a kid aged 7, just turning 8 who died under the 'care' of his birth-mother and her new partner.

It's not an uplifting case in any sense of the word and it absolutely shows what people are capable of - both in an evil sense and how others use their experiences to try and make a difference to the world.

It's on Netflix, it's an easy 8.5/10. I feel it just tries to cover too much ground when the central case and the facilities around it are more than enough to focus on.

If the show brings about change then it has to be a 10/10 though.

Finished the Cecil Hotel series on Netflix. Four episodes to tell you what you probably already guessed during the first episode. The "sleuths" were annoying as hell though, particularly Velma from Scooby Doo who saw a fella called Morbid who was really, really into death metal (and dressed suitably to verify that) who had stayed at the Cecil once and made a video where a woman got chased and then assumed he was Elisa Lam's killer. Bravo. 

2 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

Finished the Cecil Hotel series on Netflix. Four episodes to tell you what you probably already guessed during the first episode. The "sleuths" were annoying as hell though, particularly Velma from Scooby Doo who saw a fella called Morbid who was really, really into death metal (and dressed suitably to verify that) who had stayed at the Cecil once and made a video where a woman got chased and then assumed he was Elisa Lam's killer. Bravo. 

It was frustrating as hell that the janitor reported to the police that he found the hatch open and the police reported that that the hatch was found closed. It changed the whole dynamic of the investigation.

3 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Reveal hidden contents

It was frustrating as hell that the janitor reported to the police that he found the hatch open and the police reported that that the hatch was found closed. It changed the whole dynamic of the investigation.

Agree mate. Just no idea why it took four hours to go around the houses, viewing wise

On 16/02/2021 at 13:05, Sugar Ape said:

Preacher is actually really good, the issue is that the first season is the worst so can put some people off. Definitely worth sticking with. 

I loved Into the badlands. Got some of the best action scenes I’ve seen on a TV programme, the storyline is nonsense but it’s a good show overall. 

Yes Badlands is great, Nick Frost was superb in it.

• Upvote 1

On 18/02/2021 at 02:54, Shooter in the Motor said:

The Devil Next Door. A tough watch but an incredible documentary series on netflix. Is Ivan Demjanjuk the man known as Ivan The Terrible? 9.5/10

Thats a great watch that mate. The court footage is absorbing. Evil horrible bastard. 

Has anyone started Devils on Sky Atlantic yet? Just seen it there, we are gonna start it tonight. 

3 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez - if this show were a little shorter (perhaps 4 episodes instead of 6) this would probably get a 10/10. The subject matter deserves as much attention as it can get. A genuinely tough show to get through, it follows the case of a kid aged 7, just turning 8 who died under the 'care' of his birth-mother and her new partner.

It's not an uplifting case in any sense of the word and it absolutely shows what people are capable of - both in an evil sense and how others use their experiences to try and make a difference to the world.

It's on Netflix, it's an easy 8.5/10. I feel it just tries to cover too much ground when the central case and the facilities around it are more than enough to focus on.

If the show brings about change then it has to be a 10/10 though.

God, this is a hard watch. The depravity of that fat pig and his cunt of a girlfriend is beyond belief, as is the neglect from social services and law enforcement.

On 18/02/2021 at 02:54, Shooter in the Motor said:

The Devil Next Door. A tough watch but an incredible documentary series on netflix. Is Ivan Demjanjuk the man known as Ivan The Terrible? 9.5/10

I started this and I think I watched the 1st episode, but I found it really slow. It's worth me going back to it then. 

34 minutes ago, Mudface said:

God, this is a hard watch. The depravity of that fat pig and his cunt of a girlfriend is beyond belief, as is the neglect from social services and law enforcement.

On the first episode, I think the first responders were describing it as one of the hardest scenes they'd ever attended. I instantly felt that was an exaggeration to sell what was coming but in all honesty I think they underplayed it. Some of the stuff described was just hard to listen to being described so how someone can do that to a child defies belief. The District Attorney prosecting, what a guy.

10 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

On the first episode, I think the first responders were describing it as one of the hardest scenes they'd ever attended. I instantly felt that was an exaggeration to sell what was coming but in all honesty I think they underplayed it. Some of the stuff described was just hard to listen to being described so how someone can do that to a child defies belief. The District Attorney prosecting, what a guy.

Yeah, I'm about halfway through episode 3 and my jaw's dropped several times.

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Thats a great watch that mate. The court footage is absorbing. Evil horrible bastard. 

Has anyone started Devils on Sky Atlantic yet? Just seen it there, we are gonna start it tonight. 

I'll see if I can get a stream of it and give it a watch, alongside the first episode of 3 Zeroes.

50 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I started this and I think I watched the 1st episode, but I found it really slow. It's worth me going back to it then. 

I think the first episode is just about him having a life in America and there being enough dirt on him to get him out of the country. It's what happens in the various court cases that most of the story comes out, which are in the subsequent episodes. Definteily worth going through. It's certainly not action packed but it's a fascinating insight into the period.

2 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I think the first episode is just about him having a life in America and there being enough dirt on him to get him out of the country. It's what happens in the various court cases that most of the story comes out, which are in the subsequent episodes. Definteily worth going through. It's certainly not action packed but it's a fascinating insight into the period.

The sinister beat in the background throughout helps bring home the terror. The survivors in court looking at pure evil is so uncomfortable but equally fascinating to watch. His lawyer (The Israeli one not the American) is a compete twat. Should have been him throw out the window by Mossad. 

14 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The sinister beat in the background throughout helps bring home the terror. The survivors in court looking at pure evil is so uncomfortable but equally fascinating to watch. His lawyer (The Israeli one not the American) is a compete twat. Should have been him throw out the window by Mossad. 

Absolutely but he was the only one who would even look at the case. Not like he had twenty lawyers to choose from.

Who'd think it's a good idea as a Jewish lawyer to roll up in a fucking Porsche?

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

The sinister beat in the background throughout helps bring home the terror. The survivors in court looking at pure evil is so uncomfortable but equally fascinating to watch. His lawyer (The Israeli one not the American) is a compete twat. Should have been him throw out the window by Mossad

How has this not been picked up? I thought his phone pinged when key words were entered.

Just now, mars said:

I'm impressed that is just gets better and better. Waiting another week is a pain, though.

I love the weekly wait. I’ve never been a fan of binge watching. The anticipation makes for much better telly, for me. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Paul said:

I love the weekly wait. I’ve never been a fan of binge watching. The anticipation makes for much better telly, for me. 

Agreed, it's a proper weekly event in our household and I enjoy spending the week discussing it with friends. 

Do we have an MCU thread for spoilers?