You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Defending Jacob - excellent show and very tense story. It would have scored 8.5/10 - but the last episode slightly lets it down so 7/10. I don't think the last episode ruins the show like other shows in the past have been, but it's not quite up to the same standards. Worth watching for the 8.5/10 content.

Guest Pistonbroke
2 hours ago, Paul said:

Finished The Eddy last night and absolutely loved it. 9/10. Really hope they do another season (although I doubt it). 

I just started watching this last night, 2 episodes in so far and really enjoying it. It kind of shows real life and characters you can relate to. Intense enough so far and the acting and music is superb. Looking forward to binging the rest of this today and tomorrow. So far a definite 8/10 from me. 

5 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

I just started watching this last night, 2 episodes in so far and really enjoying it. It kind of shows real life and characters you can relate to. Intense enough so far and the acting and music is superb. Looking forward to binging the rest of this today and tomorrow. So far a definite 8/10 from me. 

Tried the first episode but found it a bit boring to be honest. I'm not a jazz fan at all but was hoping that would be more of a background theme. Is that how it goes?

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Tried the first episode but found it a bit boring to be honest. I'm not a jazz fan at all but was hoping that would be more of a background theme. Is that how it goes?

From a music prospective yes, although you get to hear Urban French stuff. It is a drama musical after all. There is so much more unfolding about each character and the various plots/issues as the show progresses, worth sticking with imo although if you are looking for action and suspense you won't find it here. I find it Unique and refreshing myself, plus I like the music it is associated with. 

Guest Pistonbroke

PS. It's also nice to see the Urban/Gritty parts of Paris and not the usual 'Hey, this is Paris the capital of Love' bollocks.

On 30/05/2020 at 20:47, Elite said:

Just watched the first episode of the Epstein documentary on Netflix. Interesting stuff but it won't scratch the surface on the nonce cunt and his celebrity/political friends.

I finished that today. I wasn't too sure about the point of it. This is not a story I know anything about other than what you get off mainstream news, yet I feel it didn't really tell me anything I didn't already know in 4 hours of TV. I'm sure it was good for some of the victims to have their chance to tell their story, but I felt as a documentary it needed some more to it. 4/10 for me. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

I finished that today. I wasn't too sure about the point of it. This is not a story I know anything about other than what you get off mainstream news, yet I feel it didn't really tell me anything I didn't already know in 4 hours of TV. I'm sure it was good for some of the victims to have their chance to tell their story, but I felt as a documentary it needed some more to it. 4/10 for me. 

I won't bother with the rest. Shame the whole truth will never come out, that'd make for compelling viewing. 

12 hours ago, Paul said:

Finished The Eddy last night and absolutely loved it. 9/10. Really hope they do another season (although I doubt it). 

I watched one episode of that & really liked it but there was too much jazz in it for the missus & she vetoed it.

I'll maybe try it again in a few weeks, I've been sneaking Bill Evan's albums on while we're having our tea to see if that helps.

• Upvote 1

Watched the first episode of Run on Sky Atlantic last night. Not written by, but produced by, her off Fleabag. 

The wife has watched four episodes and has offered to wait until I’ve caught up so we can watch it together. 

My score for the first episode was 6.5/10 so not sure if it’s worth the commitment needed to catch up. 

Anybody else watched it? Does it get better?

26 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Watched the first episode of Run on Sky Atlantic last night. Not written by, but produced by, her off Fleabag. 

The wife has watched four episodes and has offered to wait until I’ve caught up so we can watch it together. 

My score for the first episode was 6.5/10 so not sure if it’s worth the commitment needed to catch up. 

Forget this. Watching the second episode now. I won’t be watching a third. 5/10.

5 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

Zerozerozero

It's okay, but not great.

The plot is a bit sketchy, IMO, and I didn't really care about any of the characters, good or bad.

Might just be corona-virus-induced TV overload, but I don't think so.

6.5 of 10

I thought it was better than 6.5/10. I also think the idea of hating the characters was the purpose from the author's(Roberto Saviano) viewpoint.

10 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

I watched the first seven - seven!!! - episodes and then gave up. Think that probably says it all. 

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

I watched the first seven - seven!!! - episodes and then gave up. Think that probably says it all. 

I did that with a series called Godfather of Harlem last year. I really wanted to like it.

There were only about another three episodes. I stopped when I realised I didn't care about any of the characters.

4 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

I did that with a series called Godfather of Harlem last year. I really wanted to like it.

There were only about another three episodes. I stopped when I realised I didn't care about any of the characters.

Exactly the same for me with this. I just didn’t give a fuck about what was happening to them. 

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

58 minutes ago, Paul said:

Exactly the same for me with this. I just didn’t give a fuck about what was happening to them. 

I would have put the house on you both liking that a lot. 

I care most about Bumpy’s wife. If care about her all over the house.