You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

I’ve had MOTD on record and I’ve only just got to watching it. Ignoring how good Mo is on the ball when he actually gets it if you can go back and watch what he’s doing before it. Mane is running at their full back and cuts inside. Mo is continually adjusting his position and body shape to give Mane the option for the pass. They’re only slight movements but it’s just top draw. Most players would move into a position and then stop or simply just do the wrong thing. Everything about that goal is fantastic.

He does display some Messi characteristics in open play and can understand some of comparisons, That 3rd goal yesterday is straight out of the Messi play-book, Doesn't have the dead ball skills but he's probably a bit pacier and is a bit more two footed , Remarkable he's turned into a scoring machine and totally unexpected , I doubt even Mo thought he had this in him, Just hope he realises the chemistry and freedom he enjoys on the pitch is down to Klopp and the team around him . He needs to avoid a circus with Madrid or Barca in the summer and commit unequivocally to Liverpool next season. 

I wouldn't say Salah is more two footed than Messi, definitely pacier though. The fact that we are even having this discussion though shows how good Mo is. I love him

And? He's a magnificent player, he's playing out of his skin, we are not Real Madrid, PSG, Barcelona, or Manchester City, and we have owners who are moneyball freaks! Ergo, our best players are ripe for the picking!

Do you see FSG turning down a £100m profit after a year?

He isnt going anywhere....... Trust Me

Genuinely one of the greatest players to ever play for us. I knew Mo’ was going to be boss, his record in Italy and at international level speak for themselves. But he has been absolutely breathtaking, it’s like he’s pissed off he didn’t get on the score sheet against Porto and Manc cunts and said have it Watford cunts.

High praise indeed.

And? He's a magnificent player, he's playing out of his skin, we are not Real Madrid, PSG, Barcelona, or Manchester City, and we have owners who are moneyball freaks! Ergo, our best players are ripe for the picking!

Do you see FSG turning down a £100m profit after a year?

It may happen.

But not this summer.  Or probably next.

Not if we are incumbent European Champions.  And then go on to win the League next year.

Yes, I'm hysterical fanny turned Optimist Supreme.

Salah is very good indeed. Got to be worth more than Coutinho went for, and anything up to £200M in the crazy world of football finances.

The best part is he seems to like it here, and he wants to win the title with us. We are aligned. If he gives us three seasons and we don’t win the title, or the CL, he might want out. Until then, we’ve got work to do, and we are going to have a great time along the way. If it goes well he might stay on for the duration, but let’s see what we do.

Will he suffer from second season syndrome?  Surely he cannot replicate this season's output in terms of end product.

You would think he'll be heavily targeted by the opposition next season and at some point there must be a natural dip in form, fatigue, injury, suspension or other impediment upon him.

Will he suffer from second season syndrome?  Surely he cannot replicate this season's output in terms of end product.

You would think he'll be heavily targeted by the opposition next season and at some point there must be a natural dip in form, fatigue, injury, suspension or other impediment upon him.

The opposition already try 2 and 3 people on him so I would say he will score goals next season as well.

The opposition already try 2 and 3 people on him so I would say he will score goals next season as well.

I guess so, I'm just thinking over the summer they will have time to formulate a plan.  Like, I dunno, don't fall over when he's dribbling in your general direction would be a starting point.

He isnt going anywhere....... Trust Me

Real have spent very little in the past 5 years. They have relied on sales to allow their purchases. They do have assets that they can sell to offset a purchase like Salah but there is a reason why they are regressing. Their better players are getting old. 9 of the 23 in the squad are over 29 this summer and 7 of them are usually in the 1st XI.

Do they sell them and hope they get a wedge and that the younger players do as well or sell the younger players and hope the older players keep the show on the road?

I'd expect a lull for Real wrt trophies in the next few years unless there is a massive investment.

Money spent since 2013 - City £928 (transfers in)-£243(transfers out), Barca £690m-£372m, Man utd £613-181m, liverpool £583m-£464m, Real £422m-£366m, Bayern £390m-£210.

Ehhh - not so sure there. Bale and Marcelo are just that - 29.

Isco and Asensio are two of the brightest young players in the world - Varane, Ceballos, Carvajal, Casemiro, etc.

They are not lacking quality - they will need to turn the clock on Ronaldo either this year or next and I would agree - they will go out and buy a couple attackers at the very top of the game. 200 mil for them on two players upfront and they are a match for anyone.

Marcelo is 30 in the summer.

Bale is struggling with injuries and 29.

Sell Varane and they need to replace him to partner a 32 year old Ramos.

Sell Kroos and you still have to play a 33 year old Modric.

Will a 30 year old Benzema command massive money?

The 6 above are good/excellent young players but if Real keep them how do they fund a Salah purchase if they don't invest massively which they haven't done in at least 5 years?