You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

I think Madrid will try to buy either Hazard, Neymar or Salah. My money's on Hazard. His time has come to an end at Chelsea.

They have spent net (I know) 56m in the past 5 years. If they do not change this heritage, how do they fund any of the 3?

He almost looked sheepish after scoring his last goal.

I wonder if he really wanted Ings to score that goal? It wouldn't surprise me and Ings seemed to want the ball when it fell to the feet of Salah.

Egypt is pretty soon going to have a 99% LFC fan following.

Vodafone Egypt will give all of its phone customers 11 minutes of free call time every time Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah scores.

I remember in Michael Palins original Around the World in 80 days series, the captain of the ship he was sailing on was Egyptian and talked about how he loved LFC and looked forward to docking in Liverpool so he could meet up with his friends there and catch a game.

That captain must be loving watching his fellow countryman playing for us now.

• Upvote 1

Egypt is pretty soon going to have a 99% LFC fan following.

Vodafone Egypt will give all of its phone customers 11 minutes of free call time every time Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah scores.

Vodafone Egypt will soon be bankrupt.

• Upvote 1

Oh and Wright sticks his oar in saying he will be off to Real or Barcelona. Well why dont we all just give in them. The Echo is as bad giving these stories legs. Just stop printing the stuff.

There's definitely something in the link with Real. The president of the Egyptian FA and the national team manager have confirmed that Real want to buy him. Judging by the number of Real Madrid fanboys from Egypt that I see on Facebook begging Mo to join them, I'd wager Real have a large following in that country. So that could be another advantage for Real.

Obviously we shouldn't entertain a bid for him regardless. We will get nowhere if we keep selling our best players but should be braced for interest from other clubs. 

There's definitely something in the link with Real. The president of the Egyptian FA and the national team manager have confirmed that Real want to buy him. Judging by the number of Real Madrid fanboys from Egypt that I see on Facebook begging Mo to join them, I'd wager Real have a large following in that country. So that could be another advantage for Real.

Obviously we shouldn't entertain a bid for him regardless. We will get nowhere if we keep selling our best players but should be braced for interest from other clubs. 

Agreed but the only way of stopping this or doing as much as the club can is to offer Salah who's playing at an extremely high level a big increase in wages and make him our highest paid player.

City manage to hold onto star player's and chelsea with Hazard by paying them really well.

FSG need to be aggressive and pre-empt the circus that will happen this summer with Madrid by getting an improved contract signed by Salah imo.

Agreed but the only way of stopping this or doing as much as the club can is to offer Salah who's playing at an extremely high level a big increase in wages and make him our highest paid player.

City manage to hold onto star player's and chelsea with Hazard by paying them really well.

FSG need to be aggressive and pre-empt the circus that will happen this summer with Madrid by getting an improved contract signed by Salah imo.

Maybe its all come from agents again? Those cunts who stand to gain a shed load of money when a player moves or signs a contract. Sometimes you just have to stand your ground and tell these cunts to do one.

I think we reaching the threshold now with Barca and Real etc. They can’t afford to spend 200m on a player. I doubt they would want to pay 100m for Salah. As brilliant as he’s been it has just been one season and it’s not equivalent of them signing Ronaldo.

Even when we had a bit more weight in the transfer market these clubs could come in and offer shit money and we would be resigned to accepting it. Now though after the summer I don’t think it will be so easy. Barca were coming in with laughably low bids thinking they could play the media game and we would accept. They ended up paying a lot more than they wanted to and they will know that has set the precedent for any future transfers.

They haven’t spent big on players for a while either. I used to think Coutinho was too nice to cause a load of fuss so I wouldn’t be banking on that either. The main difference for me though is that Coutinho has lived in Barcelona before it was where his family wanted to be etc. His career had been on that upward trajectory to that point.

For me Mo has had his big move to Chelsea and seen what it’s like to be at a club where the owner/president signs the players and he’s seen the impact that had on his career. You would hope he would look at the circus at Real and the reality that Ronaldo isn’t leaving any time soon. He’s not going to be the same player if he goes there because of how selfish the team is. Under Klopp he’s being played to his strengths. He won’t go to Barca because their right is taken up by Messi. So where else is there? All the signs for me point to him staying here and I hope they’re right.

• Upvote 3

I think we reaching the threshold now with Barca and Real etc. They can’t afford to spend 200m on a player. I doubt they would want to pay 100m for Salah. As brilliant as he’s been it has just been one season and it’s not equivalent of them signing Ronaldo.

Even when we had a bit more weight in the transfer market these clubs could come in and offer shit money and we would be resigned to accepting it. Now though after the summer I don’t think it will be so easy. Barca were coming in with laughably low bids thinking they could play the media game and we would accept. They ended up paying a lot more than they wanted to and they will know that has set the precedent for any future transfers.

They haven’t spent big on players for a while either. I used to think Coutinho was too nice to cause a load of fuss so I wouldn’t be banking on that either. The main difference for me though is that Coutinho has lived in Barcelona before it was where his family wanted to be etc. His career had been on that upward trajectory to that point.

For me Mo has had his big move to Chelsea and seen what it’s like to be at a club where the owner/president signs the players and he’s seen the impact that had on his career. You would hope he would look at the circus at Real and the reality that Ronaldo isn’t leaving any time soon. He’s not going to be the same player if he goes there because of how selfish the team is. Under Klopp he’s being played to his strengths. He won’t go to Barca because their right is taken up by Messi. So where else is there? All the signs for me point to him staying here and I hope they’re right.

Good post. I do not think Real have a bucket full of ready cash handy and the idea floated on their behalf by Spanish media that they thought they could tempt us to sell for about £75m is just laughable. They could try and offer player exchanges though and while not worried, it does concern me to hear us linked with one or two Real players as that would allow them to stick their toe in the door.

I am pretty sure Mo knows he is given the freedom of this team which he just would not get anywhere else. Players like their egos being massaged and while Mo seems a very down to earth lad he must love the adulation he gets at Anfield. I do not think he would get that if he went to Madrid or Barcelona where players with massive egos appear to dictate who their clubs sign.

Neither am I daft enough to think Mo will stay if things changed at Anfield. I may be a cynic but I picked up on him saying he is 'happy for now' in one of his recent interviews. I do not think Mo is driven purely by money the lad has given a lot to his village and others afterall. I think he is driven by wanting to win big titles like the league and CL not FA or EFL cups. If we are not involved in either at the sharp end of next season then I will start getting nervous when the following summer window opens.

• Upvote 1

I'm relaxed about this one.

Mo's just too nice to go on strike to force a move to a Spanish giant.

I remember reading all similar things in the Couthino thread. Things like he's happy in Liverpool with his wife and kid, he's not the type of player to do what Suarez did to force the move. 

As soon as Barca came in he was asking to move and then litteraly making up injuries to push a move through. 

I'm just going to enjoy watching Salah as long as he's here.