You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham (Home)

Megadrive Man

A bit of confidence and a run of games is doing wonders for Sterling and Allen.

Yes both looked more confident. Sterling livened up after Gerrard put a bomb under him !

Anyone have any idea by the way what is the idea behind his hand across the face goal celebration?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

4-1 wasn't far off.  Diame was utter wank.

Well, consider two or three of them were OGs I'd say it's quite far off a 5-0 drubbing, and for periods of the game it was tough. They defended deep and without a bit of luck things could have got a bit nervy at times. It looked like we were going in 0-0 at half time. Diame was pretty shite, though, and definitely didn't boss our midfield this time out. However, he has given us (and other teams) a right torrid time in the past. He certainly has the potential to make players look like children at times. Just depends what mood he's in. As I said to LF (who wanted him) in another thread, he's certainly not the player I'd chose.

Well, consider two or three of them were OGs I'd say it's quite far off a 5-0 drubbing, and for periods of the game it was tough. They defended deep and without a bit of luck things could have got a bit nervy at times. It looked like we were going in 0-0 at half time. Diame was pretty shite, though, and definitely didn't boss our midfield this time out. However, he has given us (and other teams) a right torrid time in the past. He certainly has the potential to make players look like children at times. Just depends what mood he's in. As I said to LF (who wanted him) in another thread, he's certainly not the player I'd chose.

I think he's overrated and is one of those players who stands out in poor sides, like Dembele did at Fulham.  

As for the game I can't remember the exact stats but in terms of possession and efforts at goal we battered them.  OGs or not they all count.  

Guest Numero Veinticinco

They all count. They just don't indicate quite the battering a 5-0 does. That was a tough opening 40+ minutes before an own goal. More comfortable second half, where Allen really shone. Until Lucas came on, and we shit ourselves/

Yes both looked more confident. Sterling livened up after Gerrard put a bomb under him !

Anyone have any idea by the way what is the idea behind his hand across the face goal celebration?

I was wondering the same thing and I thought I read that it was the American "gang" sign for West side (like a "W") that he put across his face.  It is to represent something about where he grew up...not sure if it is from living on the west side of Jamaica or London.  He is a dangerous gangster our Raheem!

• Downvote 1

I was wondering the same thing and I thought I read that it was the American "gang" sign for West side (like a "W") that he put across his face.  It is to represent something about where he grew up...not sure if it is from living on the west side of Jamaica or London.  He is a dangerous gangster our Raheem!

Probably did it in front of the mirror of few times to get it just so.

They all count. They just don't indicate quite the battering a 5-0 does. That was a tough opening 40+ minutes before an own goal. More comfortable second half, where Allen really shone. Until Lucas came on, and we shit ourselves/

OGs can be the result of consistent pressure, though (I'm not saying they were in this instance - I'd have to watch the game again).  You can pepper the goal with shots and eventually it results in an OG.  That is more imposing than a 40 yard screamer against the run of play, for example.  

Guest Numero Veinticinco

OGs can be the result of consistent pressure, though (I'm not saying they were in this instance - I'd have to watch the game again).  You can pepper the goal with shots and eventually it results in an OG.  That is more imposing than a 40 yard screamer against the run of play, for example.

Yep, it can be. I think surely we can agree that this wasn't akin to a 5-0 drubbing though, surely? The Norwich game was that level of drubbing. I think it's a stretch to suggest the Wesst Ham game was (leaving aside the fact we only won by three, two of which were OGs). It was tougher than that, but easier than I thought. At 2-1 it was decidedly shaky. Fortunately, we got another OG and shit settled.