You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres wants to come back. Do you?

WhiskeyJar

Torres wants to come back. Do you want him back?  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Torres wants to come back. Do you want him back?

He wouldn't sign for a wage appropriate for his recent form.

It's a no go for me.

Im thinking along these lines. They'd want more than he's worth because they bought him for so much and he's on huuuge wages at Chelsea which he's nowhere near worth. My hunch is that there's zero chance of him coming back even if he was personally desperate to return.

edit. which i seriously doubt

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

suarez torres sturridge

for that reason i'm in.

Spot on about the ex girlfriend thing- rue what he did to us and what we could of had , but believe the day could come back when we were all bouncing in anfileld again to his (dare i say it) golden locks.

If she fucks us off again i reserve the right to call her a bitch and go back to hating her.

but yeah,, for the minute and if all parties want it to happen, ill do it....

i think

:wallbutt:

I just do not know how to feel...

would rocky take tommy gun back if he came begging after the fight?

I think he would

Obviously not and without personal feelings it's clear 20m people don't watch football on here, or at least not when Chelsea are playing. Where has this come from anyway ?? who says he wants to come back ?? why is this even a story ?? I feel really sorry for him now, it's beyond hatred and nestled nicely into pity.

It would be utterly pointless under this particular manager.

Granted he'd be a better striker than Sturridge or Borini. But I don't think his game suits having to wait three quarters of an hour for the ball to reach him while Joe Allen decides what to do with it.

It would be utterly pointless under this particular manager.

Granted he'd be a better striker than Sturridge or Borini. But I don't think his game suits having to wait three quarters of an hour for the ball to reach him while Joe Allen decides what to do with it.

So, he'd be a "system failure"?

He's seriously poo.

[YOUTUBE]jZ0gMvbd3Pk [/YOUTUBE]

Just to give an idea of what people talking about, here is the youtube video of the quality goals he scored in a Liverpool shirt.

If we can get that player in the video to to sign for us when we will have the best strikeforrce UN the league however I seriously do not think he is that player anymore.

If he wants to come back then he will need to work hard to show that quality striker we all saw week in week out.

So, he'd be a "system failure"?

More or less.

The slower build up play I don't think suits him at all.

It's a pity it turned out like it did, his performance in the derby at Anfield in 2008 was the best striking performance I'd seen full stop.

Watching one man singlehandedly panic an entire midfield & defence merely by his presence was a joy to behold.

More or less.

The slower build up play I don't think suits him at all.

It's a pity it turned out like it did, his performance in the derby at Anfield in 2008 was the best striking performance I'd seen full stop.

Watching one man singlehandedly panic an entire midfield & defence merely by his presence was a joy to behold.

Mate I've always liked your footy posts but you let yourself down with the constant Rodgers-bashing (and I'm far from convinced by him), but it's becoming Rashid-esque in its predictability. Even a Torres thread is being used to bash him here. Torres of old could have played in any team, with any style, him and Gerrard carried us most of the time, I'm a Rafa fan but there was nothing in Rafa's genius which brought the best out in him - he was just a better player then, simple as, when you look over his old Liverpool goals there was nothing mystical about the build up play or the way he linked with Gerrard, half the time he just beat two or three men and scored from 40 yeards or slid one in from an impossible angle. You don't even need a team when you're that good. He was the best striker in the world IMO.

[YOUTUBE]jZ0gMvbd3Pk [/YOUTUBE]

Just to give an idea of what people talking about, here is the youtube video of the quality goals he scored in a Liverpool shirt.

If we can get that player in the video to to sign for us when we will have the best strikeforrce UN the league however I seriously do not think he is that player anymore.

If he wants to come back then he will need to work hard to show that quality striker we all saw week in week out.

'Tis in the past though. He's clearly not the player he was.

He's shown the odd flash here and there over the years, but I think his injuries have caught up with him. He's lost that great bit of acceleration he possessed where he'd just effortlessly up a gear when one-on-one with a defender.

I don't think his demeanour helps either. I think he's forgotten that one of the things which made him boss in the first place. His work rate was such a big part of his game and I lost count of the amount of times he made goals for himself in his first season when he'd pressurise somebody and capitalise on a mistake. It really was Rush like. Now, he just looks completely disinterested; like he'd rather be doing anything else than playing football.

I don't even think that's a Chelsea thing either, because he was like that the latter stages of playing for us and I don't buy the Hodgson anti-football thing as an excuse. No doubt Hodgson was an abomination, but I remember standing there in Goodison when we tamely surrendered and it was quite clear that Torres didn't give a shit that day. Things like showing for the ball and working the channels are just basic for a centre forward- especially in a derby game- but we may as well have fielded ten men that day. His performance in the up at Old Trafford that same season was a disgrace also. When David N'Gog puts you to shame, you really ought to have a word with yourself if you have any professional pride at all.

I really do think he's a busted flush these days.

I still feel most of Torres's problems are in his head. It's not even confidence it goes beyond that, it's like at some point he just stopped being happy. His whole demeanour changed. It started at Liverpool but followed him through the World Cup and has never left him. He used to be full of beans, full of smiles, he enjoyed himself on the pitch, didn't bitch and moan despite all the physical shit which came his way, and then at some point I can't remember - his head just dropped and it's never been lifted since.

I'll be honest, it breaks my heart. I can't forgive him for what he did and I wouldn't have him back merely on principle regardless of how he played, but seeing a talent like that just vanish off the world stage when he should have been and should be in his prime is something no footy fan should want to see.

That Real Madrid home match in 2009 was one or the best striking performances Ive ever seen. I remember one incident in the first half when the ball was played in to him back to goal, he Cruyf turned on a sixpence through Cannavaro's legs, an unbelievable piece or skill which left one of the best defenders in the world absolutely dumbstruck. He gave Cassilas the eyes, sent him the wrong way and only a flick off the lace of Iker's boot prevented one of the best goals Liverpool have ever scored.

The lad was incredible for us for the majority of his time here. It killed me to see him leave and but for the immediate impact of Suarez it would have hurt a lot more. I'm just gutted those two never got to play together in a red shirt because I firmly believe if he'd of just given it another few months he'd never of left after playing a few games with Luis. Whilst a massive part of me thinks Fuck him, I still reckon that deep down I'd be absolutely fucking delighted if he was to come back. It will never happen though.