You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Another fucking school shooting (this time a primary school) in the U.S.

1892-LFCWasBorn

Like most new weapons before them be it cross bow, long bow etcetc.

And? Do you think 20 children would be dead if he went in with a bow and arrows? No - firearms outgun them all, literally.

Like i said earlier banning them won't stop it, they'll either get more creative (maces flamethrowers and bombs have all been used in the past) or more determined, if they want a gun they'll get one, banned or otherwise.

I'm really unsure if you are taking the piss or not. Flamethrowers?

Well, of course there is no way to stop these things altogether, that's trivial I think, but how about making it hard as as possible for everyone and their mum to get hold of a machine that enables them to kill 27 persons in the matter of seconds? Doesn't that sound reasonable?

Getting a gun illegally is not as easy as you might think, and that doesn't even include ammo which you can all order online in the US. Fucking mindboggling.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And?

You were using warfare as an example of how guns advanced something, i pointed out the same could be said of the long bow/cross bow/plane. No link to recent events just saying it doesn't make them unique.

I'm really unsure if you are taking the piss or not. Flamethrowers?

1964 in cologne armed with an insecticide sprayer converted into a flamethrower, a lance and a homebuilt mace, 42-year-old Walter Seifert entered the Katholische Volksschule and opened fire on the girls playing in the courtyard. He then knocked in classroom windows with his mace and fired inside. Eight children and two teachers died, twenty children and two teachers survived with very severe burns. After taking a cyanide pill, Seifert died the following day, in custody.

Care to respond to my real points?

They weren't real points you eere unsure if i was taking the piss, now you know i wasn't

I've answered most of the points in earlier posts. There are lots of reasons to ban firearms and i would have no problem seeing them banned, this isn't a pro gun stance it's an anti reactionary ban stance.

There needs to be an attitude change that prompts the banning of guns in the US otherwise it won't work. Forcing it on the back of an event won't achieve that.

Yes, they are. They enable anyone to eliminate their target(s) with the speed and leisure of the push of a button. You don't need physical strength, courage or even proximity. They completely changed war, crime - everything where you needed to get your hands dirty before. The idea that the outcome of last night would have been the same without guns is laughable. In fact, I'd bet my life savings that dude would never have found the courage to go in there armed with knives, acid, or whatever.

You do have a point apart from the courage aspect. a mentally insane person wouldnt be worrying about himself and the consequences whichever weapon he had taken in.

Its just that fatalities would be less and that is point enough to prohibit access to guns

A similar case in china yesterday which hasnt been publicised as much but the guy was using a knife and didnt result in any deaths.

China stabbing spree hurts 22 schoolchildren - World - CBC News

Guest Pistonbroke

Unfortunately nothing can be done to stop this shit unless we want to live in a totally controlled environment. The USA suffers more due to their lax firearms laws. How much do we not hear about because it happens in a country which is not in the limelight or nobody gives a shit about. Mankind is riddled with bad uns, just have to hope you or yours don't fall victim to some deranged fucking nutter.

Like most new weapons before them be it cross bow, long bow etcetc.

Like i said earlier banning them won't stop it, they'll either get more creative (maces flamethrowers and bombs have all been used in the past) or more determined, if they want a gun they'll get one, banned or otherwise.

Blaming lone lunatics is just fucking pathetic. As is this bullshit about how they'll just get more "creative"

"Lunatic breaks into school and punches/stabs/tickles 27 to death."

No. Not buying it.

What you, and many others are completely failing to realise is that guns are not just the method of killings like this, they are the inspiration for them!.

People without easy access to weapons simply just don't dream up these ideas in the first place!

Someone blamed "the degredation of society" earlier on tv - well what causes that? I'll tell you: What cheapens the value of life over time more than cheap, freely available means of death, and an annual civilian death toll that exceeds most major international wars?

It's fucking insane.

No cunt needs a gun at home.

Blaming lone lunatics is just fucking pathetic. As is this bullshit about how they'll just get more "creative"

No. Not buying it.

What you, and many others are completely failing to realise is that guns are not just the method of killings like this, they are the inspiration for them!.

People without easy access to weapons simply just don't dream up these ideas in the first place!

Someone blamed "the degredation of society" earlier on tv - well what causes that? I'll tell you: What cheapens the value of life over time more than cheap, freely available means of death, and an annual civilian death toll that exceeds most major international wars?

It's fucking insane.

I can't imagine all american law abiding homeowners would agree with this , until the vast majority of armed burglars are deprived of the use of guns.

But lets face it , the US could learn a lot from Canada

No. Not buying it.

It's fucking insane.

I think what i actually said was more determined (they'll still get guns) or creative (you don't need guns to reek havoc as evidenced by my example earlier and countless others) if you think thats wrong in the face of evidence then it's up to you.

I'm not entirely sure what you think will happen if/when they ban guns (and i'll repeat it sonce you've ignored a previous post, i think they should). Will these very deranged and evil people give up their plans and work for the church or go on to be upstanding members of the community or will they still commit atrocious acts but just have to work that little bit harder to obtain the guns?

Out of interest how many of the perpertrators of the recent ( say the past twenty to thirty years, since this isn't a new phenomenon and can be traced back to the 1700's if not further) cases have a license in the first place?