You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Another fucking school shooting (this time a primary school) in the U.S.

1892-LFCWasBorn

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShoePiss

Feel physically sick seeing this, there was a shooting at a mall not far from me earlier this week. A mate of mine was actually in the mall at the time but was able to hide inside a shop. Fortunately the AR-15 the shooter was using jammed, two people still died sadly but it could have been much worse like this current shooting is panning out.

I'm sick of gun advocates piping up saying more people need to be armed to combat this problem. THEY ARE PART OF THE FUCKING PROBLEM. They block gun control at every opportunity, it's just sickening.

So so sad.

Feel physically sick seeing this, there was a shooting at a mall not far from me earlier this week. A mate of mine was actually in the mall at the time but was able to hide inside a shop. Fortunately the AR-15 the shooter was using jammed, two people still died sadly but it could have been much worse like this current shooting is panning out.

I'm sick of gun advocates piping up saying more people need to be armed to combat this problem. THEY ARE PART OF THE FUCKING PROBLEM. They block gun control at every opportunity, it's just sickening.

So so sad.

I don't know, to me it seems there are larger problems are at play, here.

If I had an arsenal of weapons, I wouldn't walk into a primary school and start shooting kids, because I'm not a total mentalist. That's surely the problem here, that whoever did this isn't a well person.

Very sad, as long as the NRA in America not only have right to bear arms but to carry an arsenal of high powered military spec weaponry this sort of horror will continue. .223 assault rifle this time apparently.

I know these sort of atrocities can happen anywhere however the frequency and scale of these attacks is unrivaled in the US.

I assume it'll be blamed on movies and the internet again?

If I had an arsenal of weapons, I wouldn't walk into a primary school and start shooting kids, because I'm not a total mentalist. That's surely the problem here, that whoever did this isn't a well person.

Trouble is any society will have a percentage of people who are for one reason or another unhinged. Perhaps not allowing them easy access to high powered weapons might at least save a few lives?

As I can't update original post here's the sketchy details so far:

Police won't confirm numbers yet.

Gunman has connections to the school and thankfully is fucking dead in school. Unclear whether he turned gun on himself like most that go on killing sprees like this or was taken out by police.

Rumours of a second gunman, which looks unlikely. Also rumours that an address in New Jersey is being searched. A body in this building has just been announced, by local media.

Gunman also started with principal in their office and then went to a classroom and took the lot out apparently as one entire class is unaccounted for.

Numbers also could be higher than originally reported. 29 in total, with 22 kids dead, again being reported by local media.

All above not confirmed yet.

Banning guns won't stop this sort of thing from ever occurring again sadly - because there are so many disaffected people in the US capable of carrying out such attacks if and when they develop the will - but it would go a hell of a long way in making incidents of this sort far less frequent, and even further in making people feel safer in their everyday lives. The pro-gun lobby will never see it that way.

Absolutely shocking stuff there for anybody to have to deal with. You have to feel for those that died or were injured and what their families must be going through, but also for those that will have been traumatised by what they saw or heard. Many of them were just young kids for fuck's sake, and they'll now be carrying the mental scars for life.

This sort of thing basically never happens in the UK, but we still remember the Dunblane massacre. Andy Murray was there at the time it happened, and though his class wasn't directly attacked by Thomas Hamilton, Murray is still traumatised by the events and still struggles to talk about it.

Guest ShoePiss

You'll notice I said part of the problem, not the problem or the largest problem. Of course mental health services and society in general needs to be looked.

Also, if you had an arsenal of weapons having them secure by law would help. Having your arsenal checked and a process in place whereby if you don't comply you lose the right to own a fucking arsenal would help. That's gun control.

Understand?

Banning guns won't stop this sort of thing from ever occurring again sadly - because there are so many disaffected people in the US capable of carrying out such attacks if and when they develop the will - but it would go a hell of a long way in making incidents of this sort far less frequent, and even further in making people feel safer in their everyday lives. The pro-gun lobby will never see it that way.

This.

The point being I think that most people that feel the need to acquire an arsenal of weapons are deluded/retarded fucking mentalists in the first place.

What gets me is in some of the states you can own an M16 for "hunting" purposes. Fucking hunting! What is this the Running man?

In other states you can buy what you want.

The country/world is full of crack pots slowly causing the demise of civilised society, that and people are beginning to have some automatic right of self entitlement that, in their own fucked up worlds, justifies this type of action as they have be "wronged" somehow, no doubt for something trivial.

How the fuck that his the fault of primary school kids is another matter altogether