You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sky Offer

This is my thought just now. Oh' date=' it would be so much easier if I could just ring them up. He's been working all weekend so I've just been biding my time[/quote']

I'd pretty much guarantee they've ignored your other half first time round.

I've had; MBNA, Natwest, Lovefilm, BT,

Talk Talk and 3 in the past few years who have been great at talking money but as soon as you want to cancel a service or move savings/

Or an ISA I've had to ring up between two and four times to sort it. Hope you get a good deal.

Guest San Don

I've worked with 'retention teams' in the past and, I find it difficult to accept that regular, repeated threats to quit will get you any regular special offers.

OK, once or twice will work, after all, its easier to retain customers than get new ones on board but lots of these companies arent stupid. They know when someone is playing the system hence the 'new customers only' phrase that gets repeated but more importantly, their terms and conditions.

Good luck to those that try it but I find it hard to believe you're going to get a discounted deal (and the same one at that) for threatening to quit every 6 months or so.

We've had our bill discounted twice previously for 6 months, then when they refused for the third we went through and cancelled.

A few days prior to the 31 days running out, they called up and offered 12 month half price so they will do it.

That 12 months is due to expire in a few months and I don't think we'll get it again.

The bird I've been knocking about with, she's a bit of an emotional wreck but aside from that she's alright.

The nurse?

About your question, if the account's in her name she would have to make the initial call, confess to being a cabbage and give her permission for you to speak to them on her behalf. Game on

I've worked with 'retention teams' in the past and' date=' I find it difficult to accept that regular, repeated threats to quit will get you any regular special offers.

OK, once or twice will work, after all, its easier to retain customers than get new ones on board but lots of these companies arent stupid. They know when someone is playing the system hence the 'new customers only' phrase that gets repeated but more importantly, their terms and conditions.

Good luck to those that try it but I find it hard to believe you're going to get a discounted deal (and the same one at that) for threatening to quit every 6 months or so.[/quote']

I think you are wrong but its usually 12 months that sky offer me and i get frequent discounts when i quit. This seems to work with others too,judging by this thread.

• 1 month later...

I think as a general rule of thumb to only really get offered the good discounts you have to be on a big package to start with i.e sports, multi room etc. You're wasting your time if you try and get discounts on basic packages, they'll give you the discounts but only if you retain premium services. We cancelled about two weeks ago after I spent an hour on the phone to some absolutely fucking mongtard who had no clue what to do. Now I keep telling her to wait but she's impatient (IMAGINE THAT), so I'm going to phone them tonight and say I had a missed call from the retentions team and hopefully coherse them into a deal. I've looked on Virgin media and got an idea of pretending what I've been offered elsewhere. Will report back tomorrow.

I think as a general rule of thumb to only really get offered the good discounts you have to be on a big package to start with i.e sports' date=' multi room etc. You're wasting your time if you try and get discounts on basic packages, they'll give you the discounts but only if you retain premium services. We cancelled about two weeks ago after I spent an hour on the phone to some absolutely fucking mongtard who had no clue what to do. Now I keep telling her to wait but she's impatient (IMAGINE THAT), so I'm going to phone them tonight and say I had a missed call from the retentions team and hopefully coherse them into a deal. I've looked on Virgin media and got an idea of pretending what I've been offered elsewhere. Will report back tomorrow.[/quote']

I reckon you will get something from them.

I should come onto the TNF more often, haven't seen this thread before.

Gonna get my bird to get on this, she loves ringing/e-mailing people to complain anyway. We've got all channels except movies and ESPN, plus phone and broadband. Also we've got my name to fall back on as a new customer if it doesn't happen. When you think of saving £300 a year it makes sense with a little 'un on the way, I could spend that wedge on beer to drink so I don't wake up when it's crying in the night.

Champ tries to get her man to wangle a better deal out of Sky Season 2

The Sky box in the living room/lounge/front room delete as applicable packed up the other day so I left him this afternoon trying to get through to them to replace it.

It wasnt going to work to ask them to fix it and then cancel in the same call so that may have to wait until the repair/replace is complete

Champ tries to get her man to wangle a better deal out of Sky Season 2

The Sky box in the living room/lounge/front room delete as applicable packed up the other day so I left him this afternoon trying to get through to them to replace it.

It wasnt going to work to ask them to fix it and then cancel in the same call so that may have to wait until the repair/replace is complete

Our sky box was knackered for ages, couldnt get a decent picture on most channels, so we waited until they made us an offer of a new box and a cut price deal. Took a while but we got this deal a few months ago.