You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

• 1 month later...

New finance director will be needed as Philip Nash is stepping down in February. One of the reasons he was hired was due to his work with the financing of Arsenal's Emirates Stadium development. By all accounts he seems to be a good man. Here's hoping this is not another position that will be rolled up into Ian Ayre's remit.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2012/12/21/liverpool-finance-director-philip-nash-to-stand-down-100252-32471503/

Liverpool finance director Philip Nash to stand down

By James Pearce Dec 21 2012

PHILIP NASH is standing down from his role as Liverpool’s finance director due to family reasons.

The 40-year-old, who has been at the club for nearly five years, will serve his notice and leave the post in February.

Nash was headhunted from Arsenal by former owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett back in March 2008. His services were retained when Fenway Sports Group bought the club in October 2010.

He had played a key role in securing the record-breaking £20million per year shirt sponsorship deal with Standard Chartered.

Nash works closely with managing director Ian Ayre and commercial director Billy Hogan in the day to day running of the club.

Earlier this year he said: “I support Ian and Billy in driving revenues, exploring longer term business opportunities and overseeing the investment of that revenue.”

Prior to his arrival at Anfield, Nash had previously spent seven years as Arsenal’s finance director, helping to oversee their relocation to the Emirates Stadium from Highbury.

He began his career as a trainee accountant in London with Kidsons Impey in 1993 before joining merchant banker Hambros on the corporate finance side four years later.

New finance director will be needed as Philip Nash is stepping down in February. One of the reasons he was hired was due to his work with the financing of Arsenal's Emirates Stadium development.

New stadium or redevelopment finance expertise is no longer required.

Extending one of the burger kiosks is a task for junior staff- so long as it is self sustaining and no cash input is required, obviously.

New finance director will be needed as Philip Nash is stepping down in February. One of the reasons he was hired was due to his work with the financing of Arsenal's Emirates Stadium development. By all accounts he seems to be a good man. Here's hoping this is not another position that will be rolled up into Ian Ayre's remit.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2012/12/21/liverpool-finance-director-philip-nash-to-stand-down-100252-32471503/

So he was responsible for all the things I thought Ayre had achieved.

Oh dear. We're even deeper in the shit than I realized.

Guest ShoePiss
This thread sums up how shit modern football is

Yeah.

Can't wait until the new stadium is built, I mean the expansion. Leave FSG alone, they know what's best for us. Safe hands.

I'm probably a bit dim but I can't see the bigger picture.

Not that I'm fully in anyones corner though. If I was FSG I'd be fucking asking Rodgers why the fuck is Joe Cole still getting games.

Unless its them dictating he should play.

Either way its a fucking crime against football. Its shite like that, that needs sorting. Whomever's to blame.

Not that I'm fully in anyones corner though. If I was FSG I'd be fucking asking Rodgers why the fuck is Joe Cole still getting games.

Either way its a fucking crime against football. its shite like that, that needs sorting. Whomever's to blame.

More likely given their knowledge of football they'd be asking why he isn't getting more what with the wages he's on.

Bring in a DOF who can properly supervise Rodgers and ask him the tough questions with some credibility.

They've failed to back 'their' man leaving us short of strikers when our biggest problem has clearly been a lack of goals.

Though they did back 'their' DoF who they hired on the recommendation of a baseball GM but then they sacked 'their' DoF. Said DoF then successfuly sued the club for wrongful dismissal.

Carry On Soccering - sequel to 'Being Liverpool' coming soon.

Either way its a fucking crime against football. Its shite like that, that needs sorting. Whomever's to blame.

I'd guess his reply would be something along the lines of "because there's a huge Clint Dempsey sized hole in the squad".