You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

Rodgers hinting that's our business finished for this window, nothing else in the pipe line. Obviously take it with a pinch of salt.

When did he say this?

I think now, if ever, is the time to put in a strong bid for Walcott. Sometimes you can't play the waiting game - as Ayre said today it is all about opportunities.

Of course him coming here is dependant of a multitude of factors but a front three of:

Suarez Walcott Sturridge (in any order)

...would be deadly. Maybe.

OMG who bumped this now??! Why?!

Most of my issues with the owners are not actually related to money spent

Same here. It's weird how people like to cloud the issues.

Sign a player, sell a player, keep them happy until our next show of incompetence.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I can't say I'll be all that pleased if Sturridge is our only business this winter. We need one more this window. Open the chequebook, FSG.

Happy with Sturridge. Its at least a decent bit of investment in the squad when needed.

Obviously another 1 or 2 this window to support the rest would be fantastic and would be a real sign of intent from them.

But if Sturridge is our only winter signing and we spend a decent wedge in the summer I can live with that.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I think investment into the squad is the least contentious thing about FSG. Other people are pissed off about other things, but they've been more or less solid on player investment.

I can't say I'll be all that pleased if Sturridge is our only business this winter. We need one more this window. Open the chequebook, FSG.

It will be interesting to see how it balances out.

Sturridge is on a reported 70k, if Cole at 90k goes that is a net saving of 20k, but whther the club that takes him on loan of buys him will meet the terms of the remainder of his contract is another matter and we will still be in for a sweetener.

£13m over five years is only £2.5m a year, but factor in the wages and it is a £31.5m commitment, which is not inconsiderable.

I think investment into the squad is the least contentious thing about FSG. Other people are pissed off about other things, but they've been more or less solid on player investment.

I have to agree. We might have had a fuck up in the closing stages of the summer window but overall they have allowed players to come in and have sanctioned big enough purchases once they see value in it. We were never going to see 100mil being spent every window but 40-50mil over a season is more than acceptable.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
It will be interesting to see how it balances out.

Sturridge is on a reported 70k, if Cole at 90k goes that is a net saving of 20k, but whther the club that takes him on loan of buys him will meet the terms of the remainder of his contract is another matter and we will still be in for a sweetener.

Need to take into consideration the £3m payoff.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
That 3 million pay off is 4 million saved though really its money off the books now. I don't know where we stand on wage structure but you look at the size of our squad and there's no way we should be at our limit if we have ambitions of winning.

Absolutely, but when factoring a £20k per week saving by signing Sturridge, I think the £3m needs to be factored in.

Still a fucking brilliant deal, though. I didn't want Cole in the first place, certainly not for stupid money.

Cole to West Ham looks more like a loan deal, if the reports are true. If we do have to pay the greater percentage of his wages for the next 18 months (WHU - 30k, us - 50k), that's a healthy sum of money we could be paying to someone who actually plays for us I suppose, but isn't it basically writing off 4M as a loss? I hope this is not the case.

Cole to West Ham looks more like a loan deal, if the reports are true. If we do have to pay the greater percentage of his wages for the next 18 months (WHU - 30k, us - 50k), that's a healthy sum of money we could be paying to someone who actually plays for us I suppose, but isn't it basically writing off 4M as a loss? I hope this is not the case.

We still have the wage overhang of Rafa, Hodgson and KK working through the system as well as the inevitable hit on Andy Carroll and now Cole.

We still have the wage overhang of Rafa, Hodgson and KK working through the system as well as the inevitable hit on Andy Carroll and now Cole.

Whose wages 'overhang' are we still paying for? Minus Andy Carroll, because he's still contracted to play for us and I don't know what his weekly salary is.

Cole, 31, has agreed a two-and-a-half year contract at Upton Park, on around £30,000 a-week, with Liverpool paying him £50,000 a week for the remaining 18-months of his deal at Anfield.

That is depressing, we are saving money but its still stings that. I think its worth paying him less and not having the option of ever having to see him again in a liverpool shirt.

Just Downing who really needs to be moved on now in terms of players currently at the club. No doubt Carroll will be back next year but from where we were a few years ago to today the movement out has been handled pretty well.