You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

Guest alantkayll
I know there were a few interested parties from Singapore over the course of that period responding to the bank, but Lim may have gone direct to the club - if FSG are telling you that, then I guess they should know.

FSG never told me. Broughton is on record as saying two bidders were involved.

Peter Lim was the other. I thought this was common knowledge as I knew about Lim before it was confirmed as did others.

More than £5 billion the new 3-season TV deal for Premier League clubs. Three times larger than the current one.

Premier League TV rights set to top £5bn for first time | Football | The Guardian

remember this when we reach the transfer window and you hear about the need to sell in order to buy and reduce further the wage bill...

Sorry but Peter Lim had offered the same as FSG the day before we were sold. In a board meeting Broughton agreed on FSG. Peter Lim had left London thinking he had bought the club.

FSG paid £10m more for the club, Lim decided not to match it. He was the choice of Ayre and Purslow.

Oh, oops it appears that actually there was a real billionaire interested in buying Liverpool.

More than £5 billion the new 3-season TV deal for Premier League clubs. Three times larger than the current one.

Premier League TV rights set to top £5bn for first time | Football | The Guardian

remember this when we reach the transfer window and you hear about the need to sell in order to buy and reduce further the wage bill...

Well it certainly explains why Champions league football wasn't a priority this season, and breaking America was.

It also means certain clubs will go crazy in January, completely over inflating the market as usual.

It also means certain clubs will go crazy in January, completely over inflating the market as usual.

I bet that won't be us.

Slumdog Billionaire.

I just commented on previous pages' posts that no one was interested to buy Liverpool apart from FSG. Some still think that they did a charity by buying Liverpool.

DIRC was established in 2006.

Dubai Investments - COMPANY PROFILE

The vehicle that DIC intended to use was crippled by the property crash.Had they bought us, we woukld have been in as much trouble as we were with G&H.

I can't be arsed going into this with you. You keep changing what your saying. As for us being in as much trouble as when G&H bought us, I doubt it but it can never be proved one way or the other.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
FSG have always been about buying young players and developing them' date=' which by an amazing coincidence happens to be the cheap option.[/quote']

Heh, is that a joke? Carroll, Allen, Borini, Henderson, Coates. Cheap as chips.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Let alone Downing. And I'm sure you wish we had.

Not a young player though. I think he was saying the only reason FSG are interested in the whole youth development thing is be its cheap. When you look at the u22, they've been wicked expensive.

Sorry but Peter Lim had offered the same as FSG the day before we were sold. In a board meeting Broughton agreed on FSG. Peter Lim had left London thinking he had bought the club.

FSG paid £10m more for the club, Lim decided not to match it. He was the choice of Ayre and Purslow.

Lim was "doing a Carson Yeung". He was unable to produce a non-refundable deposit to back up his offer, which itself then depended upon him rounding up sub-investors ( probably for a personal profit).

Lim was not a proceedable purchaser under the terms of sale.

Not to sound patronising or anything but surely nobody has a clue what the reality was or still is as regards what goes on behind the scenes.

For months on here dozens of respected posters were calling Kenny Huang a chancer and a charlatan etc... I assumed he was also in fairness.

But a few months ago he managed to broker a deal for some huge Chinese construction company to take a stake in Inter Milan and build there new stadium. Hes now on Inter's board of directors.

I suppose he may yet turn out to be a chancer but I'd doubt it.

The point I'm making is people proclaim lots of things as gospel on here but in reality nobody knows.

I think the only facts worth discussing are whether any prospective buyers of the club met the defined criteria for purchase. That's it.

Well thats it. Its pointless discussing what may have been etc...

But the thing thats a pet peeve of mine is basically do any of us have the full facts. I'm not trying to be contrary, genuinely curious in that respect.

I know ATK had/maybe still has a bit of an inside track and others also probably do. But I can't help but feel a lot of what we think we know regarding what went on and what goes on with the ownership of the club isn't half the story.

Well clearly no-one is privy to what is happening in the boardroom, but it's probably fair to say that, given the constraints normally associated with a private commercial entity, we know more about the club than we ever have. That's why so many people on here are depressed.

If you're expecting to know the details of negotiations about the sale of the club, then you're probably being unrealistic.

If you're expecting to know the details of negotiations about the sale of the club, then you're probably being unrealistic.

Obviously yeah I agree there.

Was merely making the point that people do make a lot of claims as if they know that very information.

I'm not saying whos right or whos wrong just that I get pissed off when people act like they know everything for certain.

We've seen years of... that bid was bollox, hes a chancer, nobody wanted to buy us because so and so said so etc... etc...

And whilst some of it can be substantiated...

A lot of it is also people who clearly don't know the full story.

Not pointing any fingers or anything...............................Xerxes

(only messing)

Sounds like we did well to swerve him, then.

My personal strategy for the club to move forward is to find out what Purslow thinks we should do about something, and then do exactly the opposite.

Obviously yeah I agree there.

Was merely making the point that people do make a lot of claims as if they know that very information.

I'm not saying whos right or whos wrong just that I get pissed off when people act like they know everything for certain.

We've seen years of... that bid was bollox, hes a chancer, nobody wanted to buy us because so and so said so etc... etc...

And whilst some of it can be substantiated...

A lot of it is also people who clearly don't know the full story.

Not pointing any fingers or anything...............................Xerxes

(only messing)

that's what keeps this place going!