You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

I noticed he's only played 18 times this season. Which im guessing is down to some bad injuries. If he's been recovering from a big one, then broken down a few times - or simply making his way back by way of mainly sub appearances then its understandable why his stats are shite. Gerrard has played more than him this season, and look how injury ravaged his season has been.

Prior to this season he's consistently contributed.

And he's 23.

Sorry, I just dont rate him, Ashley Young has better stats and I dont think much of him either.

Not too fussed about Marin, always considered him to be fairly overrated and not a player who strikes me as a permiership success. I would personally take the likes of Muniain, Hazard, Lucas Moura, Pedro ahead of him, although they are unfortunately likely to cost a shitload more.

Sorry, I just dont rate him, Ashley Young has better stats and I dont think much of him either.

Furry muff. I think Ashley Young is vastly over-rated too, but i think we all know why that is.

The point i was kind of making, i think, was that (aside from this season) he chips in with what is generally required of a winger - and the main point... he's costing 7m euro's. Which is fucking extraordinary considering who is doing the buying, and the league he's coming from.

Not too fussed about Marin, always considered him to be fairly overrated and not a player who strikes me as a permiership success. I would personally take the likes of Muniain, Hazard, Lucas Moura, Pedro ahead of him, although they are unfortunately likely to cost a shitload more.

All very realistic signings.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Of course I'd like Lucas more, he's amazing. Just 40m more, probably. Marin is a quality player that we could have gone for.

The issue is not whether their teams have CL next season but whether the other sides interested have. There will be a fair few decent players moving from CL and non CL sides' date=' it's not the situation of the selling side, but the situation of the other suitors that'll probably dictate our buys.

I'm surprised you thought we even had an outside shot of Marin.[/quote']

I accept that the situation of the buying club is important, and it's why I weir how important fourth place is. However, the situation of the selling club is important too. If they're flying high, with loads of champions league funds, and the draw of breing in it, it's garden to

emt a club into selling or the player into leaving.

There's no reason we can't attract a player like Marin.

Of course I'd like Lucas more, he's amazing. Just 40m more, probably. Marin is a quality player that we could have gone for.

I accept that the situation of the buying club is important, and it's why I weir how important fourth place is. However, the situation of the selling club is important too. If they're flying high, with loads of champions league funds, and the draw of breing in it, it's garden to

Huh? Predictive text by any chance?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Oops, sorry about that. I meant it's an important aspect in our ability to temp clubs into selling and players into leaving.

What is it about German clubs doing deals so early? In other countries, you only really hear of Bosman freebie transfers being concluded before the season ends, but in the Bundesliga, Bayern have already done deals (non-Bosman at that) for the likes of Shakiri and Dante, Reus has already agreed a deal to move to Dortmund, and now Werder have agreed to sell Marin to Chelsea. And it seems to be the case year in year out, because Neuer agreed to move to Bayern before last season was out too.

Sky would absolutely fucking hate it if Premier League clubs operated the same way, because stories about actual deals aren't as dramatic and don't fill hours of airtime like a 'will they won't they' story does.

Be very happy with Marin.

50 million for Moura though ?

Cannot imagine that he'll go for that much. £20-30m would be realistic i think.

Marin is a good player and him and Mata will make Chelsea good going forward. If he's going to play right side I'd take Sturridge off them if he's available.

We'll be keeping our powder dry for Someone like Matt Jarvis no doubt

I think Sturridge could be an absolutely brilliant player if he improved his decision making and wasn't as selfish on the ball. If he took off his blinkers then he'd be an excellent player.

I can definitely see us spending between £10-15m on Nathan Dyer or Scott Sinclair in the summer instead of looking outside of the premier league for better value.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I think Sturridge could be an absolutely brilliant player if he improved his decision making and wasn't as selfish on the ball. If he took off his blinkers then he'd be an excellent player.

I can definitely see us spending between £10-15m on Nathan Dyer or Scott Sinclair in the summer instead of looking outside of the premier league for better value.

If we spend 15m on either of those two, whilst Marin has gone for 5m and Shaqiri for around 10m, I think some cats are going to get kicked.