You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wolves at home match thread

fowler9

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elephant in the room I'd say, he's dabbled with 4-2-3-1 but everything from his transfers and tactics shout 1990 4-4-2.

The worrying thing is that some of it is so fucking obvious. Take Henderson, for example. He's clearly too lightweight to function in a bog standard, dated 4-4-2 at the moment. If you think he's a top quality player and you want him in the team, better to ease him in as part of a five. Not only does that take some of the pressure away from him, it strengthens not only the midfield but the defines exponentially. There are also so many more possibilities.

At the moment, we do look like a retro side, we do look like we've been set up to play ying to the Hodgson style yang - unfortunately, they're both too sides of a coin that just isn't legal tender these days. I really cannot figure out why he's gone for this set-up. It simply wasn't this way for the first few months of his reign.

A win's a win but fuck me we have some major, major problems with this team.

Adam and Lucas aren't good enough as a pair. They just stand there and watch the opposing central midfielders totally dictate the game. It's happened on enough occasions now for it not to be an accident.

We're also not solid enough at the back.

Going forward, we look dangerous at times when Suarez and Downing get the ball but there isn't much else.

It's going to be a long, hard season I fear.

if i was suarez id be fucking pissed off too.

why do players such as adam, henderson and carroll get preference no matter what, when they're obviously all not good enough.

when luis sees these players playing ahead of maxi, bellamy and himself, of course he's going to be pissed off.

players should be picked on merit and that is not the case at the moment.

Haha, got to laugh at the simpletons in here. Anyone that thinks our problems are all down to formations is clueless. We have shite centre-backs. A tactically inept central midfielder and right-sided midfielder who looks afraid of his own shadow. And a team that's low on confidence. Changing to 433, or 4231 isn't going to fix ANY of those problems.

3 points. Suarez back in the goals.

Yes we should have been more clinical and yet again we've had to sweat at the end when we should have been safe but a win is a win, and in past seasons i could have seen that end 2-2.

However some of the fucking cunts on here, have a fucking word with yourselves