You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When are we likely to get definitive stadium news?

Nathanzx

1 hour ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

That’s horseshit from someone who doesn’t have to make that journey.

it’s easy to say, but the alternatives are crap. It’s more than 50/50 that you’ll get delayed significantly on the M62 or east lancs getting across, and there’s no realistic train option for a midweek game.

parking anywhere further from the ground than a couple of miles lumps on time that doesn’t really exist.

I drive up from London so it isn't "horseshit from someone who does not have to make journey"

I park on Sheil Road and walk up to ground from there - it is actually quicker doing so than trying to park closer to ground or being stuck in one of those massive queues trying to get out of a car park.

Beauty is it is literally a two min drive then to join onto edge lane (little road at side of the mcdonalds/the lidl and you are on edge lane) and then an easy out to the 62....the 15 min walk to ground and 15 min walk back after sees us beat easily all those clogged up in queues parked closer.

My suggestion for some sort of park and ride system along the route with places/stops from the rocket through the route i mentioned was actually aimed at helping people who face the drive you mention/i make by giving them a ride to close to ground.

Personally what we do works absolutely spot on and can honestly say have never been caught in long queues or had any real problems getting in or out and that is based on many, many years and many, many games - day, night, midweek and weekend.

It is of course often shit at the rocket coming in but that is another problem/story.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 07/01/2023 at 12:20, Harry Squatter said:

The subcontractors that were due to install the cladding have gone into administration and as yet no one has been given the contract to replace them.

May delay the project for a while. 

Mate of mine was telling me yesterday he’s been told there’s a 6-9 month delay in opening but didn’t know what the reason was.

This probably explains why 

The cladding contractor issue has not caused a delay.

However, in terms of cladding, a top sheet and a soffit sheet are already in place, with progress still being made with regard to the roofing and overall structure.

The Buckingham Group, who are in charge of the redevelopment works, declined to comment when asked by Construction News whether a new sub-contractor had been appointed.

SD Samuels has, however, not passed on the Anfield job to its sister company and the process of finding a new sub-contractor will take place.

Liverpool always had a backup plan to remove the existing Anfield Road Stand roof immediately following the final home game of the season in May and that is now the plan going forward.

No adjustments are required to the timescale of the project, with work continuing including the installation of two steel haunches on the northwest and northeast sides of the structure

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2023/01/anfield-road-end-sub-contractor-in-administration-but-expansion-still-on-course/

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Red74 said:

Mate of mine was telling me yesterday he’s been told there’s a 6-9 month delay in opening but didn’t know what the reason was.

I was told in the autumn the whole project is behind. But the club have released statements since claiming it is on time. I don't know what the club would have to gain by saying it's on time when it's not - unless they've got an idea they can do a spurs and sell tickets & hospitality for seats that won't exist for some time. It seems a little extreme for the sake of a few million quid. 

edit.... Although maybe selling seats helps the sale/value of the club as it illustrates the demand is there even after a bad season. 

14 hours ago, Red74 said:

Think that's absolute tosh, 6 to 9 months? 6 to 9 weeks maybe because they didnt take the roof off but other than that, it doesnt look 9 months behind build.

• 2 weeks later...