You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When are we likely to get definitive stadium news?

Nathanzx

4 minutes ago, No2 said:

I wouldn't think they make that much, probably a flat fee for rent of the stadium. Definitely less than they would for a coue of concerts. Then there is the hassle of a relaying the pitch a couple of months after you would normally like too.

It’ll be like the CL were UEFA take over your stadium and fill it with their cronies shite. 

51 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

We didnt take out any rows in ARE for Euro 96 although they did take down the small fence at the front, to extend the pitch.

Even now, we could extend each half by 1 yard \ metre because the goal lines arent on the very edges of the pitch.

Since the put the previous new pitch in, they have put those underground stoarage boxes in behind both goal line though. Maybe the club has some concerts scheduled and will make more money from them?

Concerts might be the thing - they lose 2 or 3 weeks worth if they need to keep it ready for football. Still it's a strange choice I think. And maybe they know uefa would prefer to use the Everton stadium if it's available, so haven't wanted to offer the right size pitch in case they lose out. 

37 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Another longer update vid. Even though the terracing is probably just under half built, it looks huge.

I was in the road end last week and you kind of get in under the new stand. It really goes back some distance. There'll be loads of room for bars etc. Supposedly they're sticking the away fans back in the corner they used to be when it was terracing next to the kemlyn road. 

28 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I was in the road end last week and you kind of get in under the new stand. It really goes back some distance. There'll be loads of room for bars etc. Supposedly they're sticking the away fans back in the corner they used to be when it was terracing next to the kemlyn road. 

Oh, great, so we get the witless cunts.

Manager's name's shirt-colour army 

clap clap clap clap

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think they are leaving the away fans where they are. There was some talk about moving them back over but I think the police said it was easier for them to police and eject any rabble because of the wide gully between the MS and ARE.

3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I think they are leaving the away fans where they are. There was some talk about moving them back over but I think the police said it was easier for them to police and eject any rabble because of the wide gully between the MS and ARE.

Oh ok..I thought they were keen to get them back towards arkles lane. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Fallen Angel said:

Not a good look. FSG only care about revenue streams, the whole ground should have been redeveloped, not this lopsided garbage. Opportunity missed. That said, staying at Anfield was right. 

How would you have done that? 

One stand at a time was always the only plausible way to redevelop Anfield.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Fallen Angel said:

Not a good look. FSG only care about revenue streams, the whole ground should have been redeveloped, not this lopsided garbage. Opportunity missed. That said, staying at Anfield was right. 

The KD stand already looks dated. Missed a trick not keeping the houses behind that stand. Another stand similar to the main stand would look good. 

13 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

The KD stand already looks dated. Missed a trick not keeping the houses behind that stand. Another stand similar to the main stand would look good. 

Would look great with a third tier. Club could buy up those houses behind it for 3 months Naby & Ox wages. 

We don't have a stadium amnesty thread so I'll just say it here: I don't mind a lop-sided stadium. Yeah, it's a bit ugly and more than slightly ridiculous to look at, but it makes the stadium unique and shows a sort of organic growth. Much prefer it to an identikit newbuild.

• Upvote 5

21 minutes ago, Manny said:

We don't have a stadium amnesty thread so I'll just say it here: I don't mind a lop-sided stadium. Yeah, it's a bit ugly and more than slightly ridiculous to look at, but it makes the stadium unique and shows a sort of organic growth. Much prefer it to an identikit newbuild.

I look at photos taken from that new stand and they are outside the Stadium, looking down on the roof of the Kop. I wouldn’t pay to go up there. 

2 hours ago, Code said:

Starting to look like St James Park now. 

Looks nothing like St James!

While Im on it, I dont get all these people who comment on the YT vid channels about having all the roofs re done, joined up and making Anfield look like a poor immitation of a new build fucking bowl.

• Upvote 1

Is it just me that thinks we’ve got a boss ground? 

The spurs ground looks good but there’s something that doesn’t seem right about it and I can’t put my finger on it.

I wasn’t that impressed with the Bayern Bowl &
Benfica’s looks great on telly but we were sat miles away from the play and I couldn’t see who was who when we were attacking the other end. Nou Camps a dump. 

I loved Milan’s (apart from climbing those turrets) and would love to go to Real Madrids. Esp now it’s been tarted up. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Manny said:

Same here. Frankly, I don't give a fuck how a stadium looks outside, provided the atmosphere's decent and there are enough bogs.

4 hours ago, Fallen Angel said:

Lopsided garbage? Give over. You say it was right to stay at Anfield, but the difficulty in developing the entire stadium to that standard is way more significant than the two we've done. I understand we're playing bad and it's, once again, open season on FSG but it could have been City's owners and we wouldn't have done it much differently.