You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When are we likely to get definitive stadium news?

Nathanzx

6 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Yeah I get the reasoning behind it. Just find the thought of replacing an iconic stadium with another indentikit shit bowl thoroughly depressing. 

Absolutely, its one of the  grounds to go to. I guess they don't hold its in as high regard as the visiting fans do. 

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

It's a shame the Kop is landlocked in terms of building a new stand because it looks lost now. 

There was an architect (think he was on here) back in the day who used to go on about us needing to push Walton breck road back when all the building work was going on so we could have a bigger concourse for now and also ensure we could rebuild the kop when the time came. 

Probably too late now I guess

8 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

Absolutely, its one of the  grounds to go to. I guess they don't hold its in as high regard as the visiting fans do. 

Looked great when we were there back in December. Going up those spirals look a lot better on the telly than walking up them. Still say it’s the best ground I’ve ever been too tho

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

Hopefully they won’t just go with the easiest, cheap, shit design. 

I’d love to see them actually do something original, work with both clubs to make the curva sud for Milan and curva nord for Inter different and respective of both clubs own identity. 

25 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

I’d love to see them actually do something original, work with both clubs to make the curva sud for Milan and curva nord for Inter different and respective of both clubs own identity. 

Well at a billion quid, it wont be the cheapest. But it looks pretty shit from this final design.

Screenshot from 2022-09-17 15-14-55.png

2 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

Is there still going to be those awful restricted view seats at the back of the lower anny or will that be gone?

All will be gone, including the posts currently in the lower tier terracing because what's currently the ARE upper tier is coming off completely. I was amazed on some of the build progress YT vids, the authors were getting comments from some saying even the new upper tier would still have obstructed views because of the MS and SKD Upper roofs.

But they wont because towards the back of the new ARE Upper, the wings are lower than the middle, much like the Kop. The ARE Upper sightline will be under the MS and SKD Upper roofs.

• Upvote 1

If there was space to redevelop the Kop, Im sure these owners would do it.

I was thinking if a multi tiered stand could be built instead with greater capacity but, given the need to increase the angle greater than the current terracing and by implication it would no longer be a single tier stand, I dont think many would go for it even if they managed to somehow get planning permission.

Somebody has already post something about us doing the Kop in 2026.

The Kop Bar (which is shite anyway - that should be a Hard Rock Cafe of LFC stuff, it’s the blandest bar round the ground), ticket office & museum can easily be moved anywhere else.

The above creates quite a bit of space. Make it steeper, even put a road under the stand. Not like the ARE which had no space to work with. 

Personally, I’d try and round off the corners  to some extent & make “Boys Pens” again.

The biggest issue is the increase in traffic. We’ve added 10k, approaching 15k, assume the Kop makes it 20k (so 65k to 70k overall…) and done very little in terms of transportation. 

Looking at that picture the KD stand would only be able to expand if the first road was bought up then demolished. 

I work with someone who lives in Skerries Road and they say the houses are worth approximately £130-£150k but a lot were bought up by people who rent them out for matchdays as holiday apartments. Her and most of her neighbours would be happy to accept being bought out if the right offer was given so they could move elsewhere. The people owning them to rent out could then buy other houses near the ground with the money. The club probably don't want to be seen to be forcing people out of their homes also. 

Most of the houses in that road are quite nice and maintained unlike the houses on the side of the Main Stand that were demolished. 

Even if it were possible the capacity cut off point is 68,500 according to a poster on Skyscraper city who has worked on both stands. Then Liverpool would have to contribute to transport links. 

So if the KD was expanded by 8,500 like the main stand was and the kop expanded then it would go over that limit as the capacity when the ARE is finished is 61,000. 

Screenshot_20220917-200422_Maps.jpg

5 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Come on - you'd hope they have employed some brilliant Italian architects that can design something unique!

6 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Such a pity. You’d have hoped they could redevelop such a culturally iconic stadium. But I remember reading an article explaining the pitch there would always be shit because the design of the stands/roof meant it got so little sunlight. 

Mate went there a couple of years ago, said it’s an absolute shit hole 

The seats in the lower SKD have to be the most uncomfortable seats in the ground by a distance, and the oldest.

Hope it doesn’t sound churlish, but they could do with reconfiguring, and the walkways are not easily navigated if, like me and loads of others who’ve been there for years, you’re finding mobility a bit of a problem. There aren’t any handrails to assist those with such problems and I’ve seen a few arl arses fall and not as a result of a few too many sherbets either! 
I wasn’t in the ground for the St Etienne game, but was for the Chelsea and Barcelona games, and, for me, the Chelsea game was the most raucous I’ve heard at any ground, ever.

We’re still the crowd to beat when it comes to atmosphere for a big game, certainly in the UK.

1 minute ago, coachpotato said:

The seats in the lower SKD have to be the most uncomfortable seats in the ground by a distance, and the oldest.

Hope it doesn’t sound churlish, but they could do with reconfiguring, and the walkways are not easily navigated if, like me and loads of others who’ve been there for years, you’re finding mobility a bit of a problem. There aren’t any handrails to assist those with such problems and I’ve seen a few arl arses fall and not as a result of a few too many sherbets either! 
I wasn’t in the ground for the St Etienne game, but was for the Chelsea and Barcelona games, and, for me, the Chelsea game was the most raucous I’ve heard at any ground, ever.

We’re still the crowd to beat when it comes to atmosphere for a big game, certainly in the UK.

I was in the lower SKD for the Barca game and my shins took a while to recover. Thankfully everyone stood up all game. I've been in the upper years ago as a kid and even then it was cramped. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I was in the lower SKD for the Barca game and my shins took a while to recover. Thankfully everyone stood up all game. I've been in the upper years ago as a kid and even then it was cramped. 

The benefit of the upper Kenny is it's steep, so while there's not much foot room, there's no seat blocking your legs, just somebody else's head. 

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Somebody has already post something about us doing the Kop in 2026.

The Kop Bar (which is shite anyway - that should be a Hard Rock Cafe of LFC stuff, it’s the blandest bar round the ground), ticket office & museum can easily be moved anywhere else.

The above creates quite a bit of space. Make it steeper, even put a road under the stand. Not like the ARE which had no space to work with. 

Personally, I’d try and round off the corners  to some extent & make “Boys Pens” again.

The biggest issue is the increase in traffic. We’ve added 10k, approaching 15k, assume the Kop makes it 20k (so 65k to 70k overall…) and done very little in terms of transportation. 

These amatuer architects who go on about putting the road in a tunnel just dont think it through, do they?

The shops opposite the Kop would have the 'tunnel' walls 6 foot from their front doors if done like the old Vincente Calderon which they often use as an example.

Conversely, digging an actual 20-25 foot deep tunnel needs a considerable run in and out so traffic and buses / wagons especially dont grind to a halt because the ramps are too steep not to mention piling to underpin the extra weight of everything.

18 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Such a pity. You’d have hoped they could redevelop such a culturally iconic stadium. But I remember reading an article explaining the pitch there would always be shit because the design of the stands/roof meant it got so little sunlight. 

I went to Milan with my ex about 3 months after we first got together and we were going to go to a match their on the Saturday - just grab a ticket on the door for whichever team was at home - I think it was Inter vs Atalanta though it was 2003 and so that could be bollocks.

anyway, she dragged her heels getting ready so much that we wouldn’t have made it in time, so instead we went to an irish bar to watch us lose to Man Utd - John O’Shea got the winner I think. Gobshites. 

so I was grumpy the rest of the day.

next day we went to San Siro to do yye stadium tour instead. Just me, she sat in a cafe nearby while I went in.

Pitch was being dug up to be relayed for the 3rd time that season and it was only November.

Trophy room museum was also closed for refurbishment. 

11 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

These amatuer architects who go on about putting the road in a tunnel just dont think it through, do they?

The shops opposite the Kop would have the 'tunnel' walls 6 foot from their front doors if done like the old Vincente Calderon which they often use as an example.

Conversely, digging an actual 20-25 foot deep tunnel needs a considerable run in and out so traffic and buses / wagons especially dont grind to a halt because the ramps are too steep not to mention piling to underpin the extra weight of everything.

Boca Juniors are rebuilding their flat stand. When I went I said it looked like a golf driving range. The space round the stadium is cramped so they are building over the road.

images (1).jpeg

images.jpeg

1594391642_844516_1594392125_sumario_grande.jpg