You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When are we likely to get definitive stadium news?

Nathanzx

9 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

Boca Juniors are rebuilding their flat stand. When I went I said it looked like a golf driving range. The space round the stadium is cramped so they are building over the road.

images (1).jpeg

images.jpeg

1594391642_844516_1594392125_sumario_grande.jpg

Yeah I gather they couldnt afford the land on that side of the ground when they built it hence it being flat.

You can see in those pictures they's had to knock down the buildings to build over the road. If you have space, you can do that. If you put that tunnel over Walton Breck though, people in the shops and flats above would be looking at a wall of concreted 6 foot from their door and windows.

Im not saying you cannot build over roads. Im saying it isnt practical while there are buildings 6 foot from the edge of the road which is encased in a concrete tunnel like Walton Breck would need to be.

51 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Interesting that's out. My mate wants to sit in the new upper tier but when he wrote to them enquiring a couple of weeks ago, the TO effectively told him to fuck off because the thing wasnt built.

I’m surprised they haven’t re profiled those seats next to the kd stand must be an awful viewing experience.

Ha!

22F3B55F-BEE6-42C2-BEAF-419303CE7E47.png

I would post the Echo article but it’s just unreadable / unusable.

Apparently the pitch is too small at Anfield. 

Imagine not having one of the most iconic football stadiums in the world not being utilised but MK Dons and BMD is? Old Trafford is crumbling to pieces according to some. 

4 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm surprised with the road end and main stand work we haven't put right the pitch size. It's only a couple of yards each way isn't it? 

Anfield is able to consistently host CL Semi's but it isn't good enough for Poland v Hungary.

1 hour ago, Johnlj said:

No Emirates either. Seems odd.

Arsenal, Spurs, Wembley are all only 10m apart. They don't need all 3.

To be honest, if they were going to use a 2nd London stadium, I'd have thought they'd have gone with, erm, the London Stadium.

5 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Ha!

22F3B55F-BEE6-42C2-BEAF-419303CE7E47.png

I would post the Echo article but it’s just unreadable / unusable.

Apparently the pitch is too small at Anfield. 

Imagine not having one of the most iconic football stadiums in the world not being utilised but MK Dons and BMD is? Old Trafford is crumbling to pieces according to some. 

I thought we weren't eligible anyway because we won't let journos from a certain scummy rag in to the pressers.

You can only have 2 grounds from the same city according to rules about bidding. Obviously Qatar is about as big as Leeds but has managed to build about 12 grounds to host this year's shite world cup. 

I think that bid may miss out as they already had the semis and the final at Euro 2020/2021. Plus it involves four nations being granted entry as hosts.

Turkey has bid for this one and for the last five tournaments their bids have been rejected. They have 3 newish stadiums in Istanbul. The Ataturk, British and Galatasaray stadium. I read the the Ataturk is being redeveloped for this year's CL Final.

8 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm surprised with the road end and main stand work we haven't put right the pitch size. It's only a couple of yards each way isn't it? 

Me too. I thought the original plan after the MS was rebuilt and planned ARE development, was to centralise the pitch and extend it by 4 yards total, in old money.

We extended the pitch for Euro 96 so there must be some other reason why we dont want to host these proposed games.

For what it's worth, I dont think the shite's new shitheap will get picked to host them either.

11 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Me too. I thought the original plan after the MS was rebuilt and planned ARE development, was to centralise the pitch and extend it by 4 yards total, in old money.

We extended the pitch for Euro 96 so there must be some other reason why we dont want to host these proposed games.

For what it's worth, I dont think the shite's new shitheap will get picked to host them either.

I'm sure they must want the games, they make so much money. Perhaps it's ridiculously expensive to extend, plus the cost of a loss of a few rows. 

16 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm sure they must want the games, they make so much money. Perhaps it's ridiculously expensive to extend, plus the cost of a loss of a few rows. 

We didnt take out any rows in ARE for Euro 96 although they did take down the small fence at the front, to extend the pitch.

Even now, we could extend each half by 1 yard \ metre because the goal lines arent on the very edges of the pitch.

Since the put the previous new pitch in, they have put those underground stoarage boxes in behind both goal line though. Maybe the club has some concerts scheduled and will make more money from them?

37 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I wouldn't think they make that much, probably a flat fee for rent of the stadium. Definitely less than they would for a coue of concerts. Then there is the hassle of a relaying the pitch a couple of months after you would normally like too.